TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 GT350 #32

OSUPokes12

One of my top cars on the list of my dream cars will be a reality soon. I should have my new toy give or take October 2013. Chose to go with sterling gray with the black Shelby stripes and Ford Recaro black leather seats. It will be going through the speed shop for some special attention too. I'm hoping for it to turn +-730hp when SAI gets done playing with it. I'll post pics when the base car shows up from Ford. We'd be further along but Ford sent my base car to Tulsa instead of Vegas and it also had a nice big scratch on the driver side fender so I rejected it and they are building another one.

• 3 weeks later...

My base car shipped from Ford, again, on 29April2013 so it should get to SAI this week and hopefully no scratches this time. I pulled up next to a teenage kid in a new GT500 today and wished I had my 350 so bad to help the youngster realize what a monster really sounds like. It's going to be a long wait until Sept-Oct when my car gets finished but I know it will be worth it.

Best of luck, and congrats!

the waiting is really the hardest part of the process - but it'll be worth it in the end

contact Frankie at the Speed Shop

he'll do a fine job on the car - along with Damon and Randall.

see attached for some rear wheel horsepower numbers from the Shelby Dyno

Best

PatShelby GT350 Dyno SAI.JPG

with the right people doing the tuning and engine build, 700RWHP on pump gas is possible on the 5.0

good luck - keep us posted on the build (with pics, please)!!!

I am hoping mine will be done soon, it's been 8 months now.

DAYAM! Why the long wait? Eight months is crazy!

Phill

Remember this is a hand build and test shop not a production line like the GT500. My well optioned 2011 GT350 took 10 months. It all depends on the list of options and number of cars being worked on in each area. In most cases, by the time you receive your factory worked Shelby, it is not in the same model year from when you ordered it! Your 2012 is finally in your driveway about the time the ads are out for the 2013, etc. Limited hand built production has its penalties but the anxious waiting will all be a long memory once you take delivery and hit the road.

my GT350 took one (1) year, almost to the day, from deposit to delivery (including a month or so at the Speed Shop)

it'll be worth it though once the car finally arrives at your front door!

soon, very soon!!!

My base car arrived at SAI on Wednesday this week so now the real wait begins. I'm not doing the wide body kit so hopefully it does not take a year to knock it out. When it gets in production and Jeremy starts sending pics I'll make sure to post. Are any of your guys coming to the Shelby meet in Tulsa in June?

My base car arrived at SAI on Wednesday this week so now the real wait begins. I'm not doing the wide body kit so hopefully it does not take a year to knock it out. When it gets in production and Jeremy starts sending pics I'll make sure to post. Are any of your guys coming to the Shelby meet in Tulsa in June?

Congrats! It will be worth the wait...

Lotsa pics! :camera:

Thanks, Michael!!!

hey - are you and Peter driving or shipping your cars to Terlingua?

Pat

:shift:

Wanna caravan?

Congrats on the car finally making it to SAI!

Jeremy will send pics - they will satisfy you for 5 minutes, and then you'll want more.

it just makes the day the car comes off the carrier even more special.

Peter - How many miles is the drive from NJ to Austin?????!!!!!!!

Talked to Jeremy today and SAI is shooting for 60-90 days in production and +-10 days in the speed shop. What is the shortest turn around time any of you have had with your cars? I am guessing I see the car mid October, is that guessing too long?

Talked to Jeremy today and SAI is shooting for 60-90 days in production and +-10 days in the speed shop. What is the shortest turn around time any of you have had with your cars? I am guessing I see the car mid October, is that guessing too long?

I believe that if you get your car in 60 -90 days that would be a world record turn around. I hope it happens for you, either way you'll love it once you get it.

60 to 90 days seems like a stretch - but there always hope!

The key is the day the car gets on a lift in Main Production because until then you can't accurately gauge when it will get done.

After that, I'd budget a few weeks for the Speed Shop just to be on the conservative side.

I personally like the '11 and '12 better, but still think the center exhaust looks to mini cooper like. I think they would have looked better and paid more homage to the '65 if it had side exhaust.

Archived