TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabbers 7th annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet - Sat. 8/10/13

Grabber

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tana & I want to personally thank everyone that came out to our home today to party in our field, BBQ and dance to live music, participate in spirited 120 mile scenic drive and then dinner. The Mustang has brought people together ever since it was made and it continues to do so. YOU guys & gals are what makes this event so darn fun. Everyone kept telling Tana & I how much fun they were having. The feeling is mutual and we truly enjoyed this years event more than any other. They just keep getting better. That is because of you guys. There are many people I did not get to spend time with and that is my only regret. Just not enough time, even know the event was 12 hours long. It is so cool seeing the people that come year after year and others that skip a year or 2 and then come back. Some as close as my next door neighbor and some from surrounding states hundreds and even thousands of miles away. Some that I have got to know on the car forums for years and then get to meet in person for the first time. You are all friends and welcome at our home next year. Have a great summer everyone.

Robs2013PacificNWMeetandGreetphoto-1.jpg

Tana & I want to personally thank everyone that came out to our home today to party in our field, BBQ and dance to live music, participate in spirited 120 mile scenic drive and then dinner. The Mustang has brought people together ever since it was made and it continues to do so. YOU guys & gals are what makes this event so darn fun. Everyone kept telling Tana & I how much fun they were having. The feeling is mutual and we truly enjoyed this years event more than any other. They just keep getting better. That is because of you guys. There are many people I did not get to spend time with and that is my only regret. Just not enough time, even know the event was 12 hours long. It is so cool seeing the people that come year after year and others that skip a year or 2 and then come back. Some as close as my next door neighbor and some from surrounding states hundreds and even thousands of miles away. Some that I have got to know on the car forums for years and then get to meet in person for the first time. You are all friends and welcome at our home next year. Have a great summer everyone.

Robs2013PacificNWMeetandGreetphoto-1.jpg

Very nice. Please post more pictures of the scenic drive if possible.

THANK YOU ROB AND TANA !!!!!!

Redneckgt and myself had one of the "BEST TIME OF OUR LIVES" by going up to your event . I love it when I get a chance to take out the GT500 and drive up the west coast (Cali to Washington) and clean out the pipes ( I could of done without having to contribute to the Oregon State Patrol Fund ). First we meet a guy (Rob and his dog) in a Roush Stage 3 on the road that followed us up from Oregon and at a rest stop we tell him about the event and later he and his friend show up at Grabberville . Then we got to go to a track day at Portland International Raceway put on by the Cascade Sports Car Club ( THANK YOU FordFan1 for setting that part up ) and any day at the track is a good day . The hotel was perfect - friendly staff , safe parking , pool , good location , even let us wash our cars in the lot . Rob and Tana met some of us for dinner on the night before the show ( even as busy as he was getting things set up for the following day ) and so we got to get to know each other more on a personal level . Car people are the best - I've never met Rob and Tana before but they open up their home and treat you like you have been a friend for a long time - just GREAT PEOPLE if you know what I mean ! In fact , everyone we met there was that way . The meet and greet was a blast , there was the people , the catering truck , the LIVE band , the dancing , the cars . I don't think that I sat down ( or stopped talking to people ) the whole time I was there . The weather for the event was great ( I got sunburned - yes sunburned - in Washington ? - yep) There were ultralights and helicopters flying over a couple of times , I was parked next to a 1966 original Hertz GT350H , there was a Grabber Blue Grande , Saleens , Roush , a new gen GT350 , SGTs , and GT500s so there was a nice mix . We had lunch there which was provided and the only thing I can say is " the brownies are addictive " and the rest of the lunch was great also . Then Rob gather us around and got us ready for the cruise portion , a 120 mile round trip . I would say that this was more a spirited gallop than what one would be thinking in as a "cruise or cruising" . Here is where I must apologize for my actions to all . I am sorry to have gotten out of line and pass some people on the cruise and the only thing I can say in my defense is that Grabber just looked like he wanted someone to play with going up the hill so I thought that I would pass some folks and give him the opportunity . I however , never passed the "Pace Car" ( aka ; Grabber ) during the "spirited " portion we were having during the cruise. Some others followed in pursuit while others stayed at a comfortable pace . So my apologies to the group - Sometimes I just can't help myself !!!! :shoppingcart_: . What an awesome view at the top of the run of Mount Saint Helens ! We ( Jim and I ) followed Tony down from the gathering place and took a different route back so we could see the Columbia River Gorge and then we stopped at Kerry and Diane's ( FordFan1) for some dinner and a tour of his fleet ( he has a new addition ) and ended up picking up some parts ( go figure - right ) and then we headed back over to see if anyone was still at the pizza parlor ( 10:00 PM ) and sure enough there was Rob and Tana talking with a few others still having a good time . I wonder if Rob sleeps ( he was like the ever ready bunny - always going ) . To sum it all up - this was " THE EVENT " to have attended this year !!! If you missed it - well - you missed out on a Fantastic Time with a group of Fantastic People put on by a Fantastic Host - here's to " Grabbers 7th Annual Meet and Greet " THANK YOU ALL

THANK YOU ROB AND TANA !!!!!!

Redneckgt and myself had one of the "BEST TIME OF OUR LIVES" by going up to your event . I love it when I get a chance to take out the GT500 and drive up the west coast (Cali to Washington) and clean out the pipes ( I could of done without having to contribute to the Oregon State Patrol Fund ). First we meet a guy (Rob and his dog) in a Roush Stage 3 on the road that followed us up from Oregon and at a rest stop we tell him about the event and later he and his friend show up at Grabberville . Then we got to go to a track day at Portland International Raceway put on by the Cascade Sports Car Club ( THANK YOU FordFan1 for setting that part up ) and any day at the track is a good day . The hotel was perfect - friendly staff , safe parking , pool , good location , even let us wash our cars in the lot . Rob and Tana met some of us for dinner on the night before the show ( even as busy as he was getting things set up for the following day ) and so we got to get to know each other more on a personal level . Car people are the best - I've never met Rob and Tana before but they open up their home and treat you like you have been a friend for a long time - just GREAT PEOPLE if you know what I mean ! In fact , everyone we met there was that way . The meet and greet was a blast , there was the people , the catering truck , the LIVE band , the dancing , the cars . I don't think that I sat down ( or stopped talking to people ) the whole time I was there . The weather for the event was great ( I got sunburned - yes sunburned - in Washington ? - yep) There were ultralights and helicopters flying over a couple of times , I was parked next to a 1966 original Hertz GT350H , there was a Grabber Blue Grande , Saleens , Roush , a new gen GT350 , SGTs , and GT500s so there was a nice mix . We had lunch there which was provided and the only thing I can say is " the brownies are addictive " and the rest of the lunch was great also . Then Rob gather us around and got us ready for the cruise portion , a 120 mile round trip . I would say that this was more a spirited gallop than what one would be thinking in as a "cruise or cruising" . Here is where I must apologize for my actions to all . I am sorry to have gotten out of line and pass some people on the cruise and the only thing I can say in my defense is that Grabber just looked like he wanted someone to play with going up the hill so I thought that I would pass some folks and give him the opportunity . I however , never passed the "Pace Car" ( aka ; Grabber ) during the "spirited " portion we were having during the cruise. Some others followed in pursuit while others stayed at a comfortable pace . So my apologies to the group - Sometimes I just can't help myself !!!! :shoppingcart_: . What an awesome view at the top of the run of Mount Saint Helens ! We ( Jim and I ) followed Tony down from the gathering place and took a different route back so we could see the Columbia River Gorge and then we stopped at Kerry and Diane's ( FordFan1) for some dinner and a tour of his fleet ( he has a new addition ) and ended up picking up some parts ( go figure - right ) and then we headed back over to see if anyone was still at the pizza parlor ( 10:00 PM ) and sure enough there was Rob and Tana talking with a few others still having a good time . I wonder if Rob sleeps ( he was like the ever ready bunny - always going ) . To sum it all up - this was " THE EVENT " to have attended this year !!! If you missed it - well - you missed out on a Fantastic Time with a group of Fantastic People put on by a Fantastic Host - here's to " Grabbers 7th Annual Meet and Greet " THANK YOU ALL

Kevin,

I really enjoyed meeting you and spending some time together. Thanks so much for buying Tana & I dinner. That was very nice of you. I look forward to seeing you at a event soon.

Rob

Thank you Rob and Tana for another great event this year. It was great seeing you both and all the other vets of this event. It's also great meeting and greeting the new faces. Your event is always a highlight of the car season, and the cruise this year was ultra-spirited........super fun! I had a blast.

Take care and have a great year. I can't wait to do it all over again.

-Chris

Another outstanding event Rob! Pam and I had a great time hanging out with our Shelby brethren. It was fun seeing old friends and making new ones. The drive was a blast and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was fun chasing clusher up the mountain. :shift: Thanks again for letting us drop our trailer in your hood! I didn't take many photos but here they are. Enjoy the rest of your summer. :D

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

All I can say is WOW!!!!........ What an AWSOME group up there in the pacific northwest. I haven't had that much fun in a long time .. Rob and Tana met Kevin and I for the first time on Thursday when we got into town and they treated us as if they were life long friends..WAY cool people.

I met so many cool people throughout the weekend that I feel that I now have second home that I never knew about until Kevin and I went up there.

Then there's Fordfan1.... Oh boy he and his wife Diane invited us for dinner after the cruise up the hill and they also treated us like we were life-long friends. And I even got to swindle Kerry out of some parts...heeee heee heee. Thanks Kerry, your care package is coming in the mail.

I look forward to making this an annual run... rain or shine... just to hang out with all these people that I feel I have know for a long time. And forgive me for not mentioning all the people I met on the trip... you know who you are and I looking forward to seeing you too again. Maybe some of you can make it down to Laguna Seca in November day after Thanksgiving for the Turkey Bowl. Until then here are some pics that I thought I could add to the collection. Cheers JJ

post-37474-0-86640900-1376614186_thumb.jpgpost-37474-0-80803900-1376614200_thumb.jpgpost-37474-0-40449400-1376614212_thumb.jpgpost-37474-0-47291700-1376614224_thumb.jpg

post-37474-0-86640900-1376614186_thumb.jpg

post-37474-0-80803900-1376614200_thumb.jpg

post-37474-0-40449400-1376614212_thumb.jpg

post-37474-0-47291700-1376614224_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Grabbers formula is on the table again.

Hello TS Pacific NWR members,

If at the last minute your plans open up to come to the Back Country Bash, please email me at brian.bogdon1@gmail.com for directions. Weather is going to be great for the drive, the barbecue and movie night and bon fire! This will be a great time to meet others and visit! Heck you might see some cool cars and Curly the Camel!

Sean & Tracy are working very hard to have a very welcoming place for all!

Have a great weekend,

Brian Bogdon

Mr. & Mrs. Grabber are looking forward to this event. It's nice to see a comeback of a backyard bash. I no longer have property and live on a small lot not to far away from this event. Hope to see many of the old timer Shelby Peeps there.

Archived