TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabbers 7th annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet - Sat. 8/10/13

Grabber

We just had another member sign up. Glad to see the sign ups have not died. Things have been stagnate for a couple weeks.

RSVP List

Screen name and First name and year & make Mustang / Shelby & color (attending dinner or not)

Current lunch head count: 26

Current dinner head count: 22

NWM&CF = Cars from local club: NW Mustangs and Classic Ford –

1. Grabber , Rob, 2007 GT500 Grabber Orange, attending dinner, NWM&CF

2. Tanabanana, Tana, 09 GT500 Red Stripe Package, attending dinner, NWM&CF

3. Steel Steeds, Lance, 2008 Alloy GT500, attending dinner

4. mrfarmdog, John and Guest, 2007 Black GT500, NWM&CF

5. Fast Eddie, Ed & Jill, FFRP White GT500 Super Snake, attending dinner

6. Neighbor Steve & Barb, 1970 Grande, Grabber Blue, attending dinner, NWM&CF

7. Seafan, Eric & Son Trevor, 2008 GT500, attending dinner

8. Slabo, Bob & Pam, 2007 GT500 40th anniversary edition, attending dinner

9. GTH176, Mark & Guest, 2011 GT350, attending dinner

10. Red, Tony and Kathy, 2010 GT500 Kona Blue, attending dinner

11. Quadshot, Curt & Kathy, 2008 Barrett Jackson edition Black with Red, attending dinner

12. Michael Gervais, 2013 Shelby GT500 ingot silver with matte black stripes, attending dinner

13. Anonymous, with Anonymous driving Anonymous with Anonymous stripes, attending dinner :hysterical:

14. TrakRat - James & Jodi - Black GR40 GT500 - SVTOA

15. Snkdout- 2009 Black Super Snake, Dean and Jeannie, attending dinner

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there going to be a carivan heading down from Seattle area?

Yes there is. Here is the link:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/80859-southbound-to-graberville-2013/page__view__getnewpost

First meet up is Lynnwood P & R, http://maps.google.c...ved=0CAQQkQMwAQ. We will leave there about 6:30-6:45.

Second meet up is the Tacoma Mall. Sears parking lot facing I-5. We should be there by 7:30ish. There is a Krispy Kreme to get food, coffee and restroom. We should leave by 8:00.

We will have another potty break @Exit 52 - Toutle River Rest Area.

I have cell numbers for most of the regulars to this cruise, so if this is your first time please PM me with yours so I can add you to my contact list.

Please post up so I can see who's going and where you will be meeting up at. If you are not going to be @one of the main pick up spots you need to let me know what exit # you will be waiting at so I can give you a heads up call.

This is a very fun event that we look forward to every year. Rob and Tana put a lot of time and energy in to this. We look forward to seeing everyone again. Hopefully the weather will be a little more accommodating this time around.

One more thing....If anyone has a radio please bring them. We will be using Ch. 5.

If you have any questions please PM me or call me @206-498-3224.

The more the merrier!!!

A little over one month has now passed since I started this thread. I have even advertised it on Facebook. The interest just does not seem to be like the old days. Looks like I may have to just cancel and refund everyone's money. I am not going to beg people to come. Oh well. All good things must come to A end. Not happy about having to do that , But this event can not be funded with a dozen cars attending.

A little over one month has now passed since I started this thread. I have even advertised it on Facebook. The interest just does not seem to be like the old days. Looks like I may have to just cancel and refund everyone's money. I am not going to beg people to come. Oh well. All good things must come to A end. Not happy about having to do that , But this event can not be funded with a dozen cars attending.

IMO I think your jumping the gun,

There will be many more like myself that will be attending but have not jump in and paid to date (including another 10 to 15 from our own club)

At this point we would be car #16 and #17

Let me know whether I should pay or not, I suggest you let it play out another month before canceling.

There will be many more like myself that will be attending but have not jump in and paid to date (including another 10 to 15 from our own club)

Let me know whether I should pay or not, I suggest you let it play out another month before canceling.

I sent out a PM to every TS member that has attended over the years. Must of been about 80 invites. That's not including our local club. Also put it on Face book. And I sent out some personal invites via E-mail. Farmdog also took it to the local SAAC. I'm not counting my wife and my car as people who signed up. We are a given.

Below is the results of where the RSVP's came from:

Team Shelby - 8

Facebook - 2

Local club - 2

email invites - 1

SAAC - 0

TOTAL - 13 CARS - 24 PEOPLE / RSVP's

Rob & Tana - 2 cars - 2 PEOPLE

:ohsnap:

Same here Rob , I've got my hands full right now but was trying to lay out the summer plans on events both with and without the wife . I would like to come up and see the north .

:idea: Maybe if I had show girls dance to the bands music.

Easy enough to find, only 15 to 20 mins away, not any further then the track :) not that I would know. totally deny deny deny

Maybe stick to decaf Rob - you still have a cutoff date of July 10th - right ?

Yes You are right. I'm sure many more people will start signing up and we will have a good turn out. I hope you can make it. I was just getting as little edgy about the numbers. We will be having the event no matter what the numbers are. :happy feet:

Yes Kerry.....get cars number 16 and 17 signed up and lets try to get others to sign up so we can get the head and car count up there. :happy feet: The event is going to go on....no matter what. I have decided to jut roll with what ever happens. I'm sure as the weather gets better....more will sign up. Any help you can do in getting people on board will be much appreciated.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Grabbers 7th annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet - Sat. 8/10/13

In Battle Ground, WA (1st Pacific NW Region Event)

cid_F8D62B52-56D1-4DBC-8ED5-C2A1892.jpg

This years event will be later in the summer so we have superb weather. The Event will be held at my house on my 1 acre property like we did in years past. The food caterer and live band have been reserved and will be ready to feed us and play live music. We will then be going to a drive into the Gifford Pinchot National Forest up to McClellan Viewpoint to take some photos and enjoy the scenery. 60 mile up and 60 miles back down. I then have the banquet room reserved at Rockys Pizza and huge parking lot next door at Les Schwab tires to park our cars safely with no door ding risks.

Here’s the address of my home where we will be holding the event: 18715 NW 99th Ave. Battleground, WA 98604. After you guys gas up at the Chevron station at the 179th Street I-5 Exit, just continue down NE 179th street. It turns into Cramer road, then turn left into my neighborhood on 184th and follow that into my house. Make sure you gas up for the group drive.

If you are coming a day early or staying an extra day, I have set up a Group rate at the Best Western Hotel 2 miles from the event and 1 block away from the Rockys Pizza party place. It's a 4 year old Hotel. When you call - Tell them you want the Team Shelby rate of $79.99. This is 20% off of the regular rate. Here's the link:

http://battlegroundbestwesterninn.com/

The schedule will be as follows.

9am – Early arrivals start showing up. This allows you time to detail your car if you want. The Coffee and espresso stand will be open early for you guys.

10am to 11am – We will start to park the cars to prepare for the photo shoot.

11am to 2:30pm – Lunch / live music in my 1/2 acre field / Car talk / Group photo shoot.

2:45pm to 5:45pm – Group drive to Gifford Pinchot National Forest up to McClellan Viewpoint

7:00PM till 9:30pm - Dinner and Drinks at Rockys Pizza a block away from the hotel. The all you can eat menu is great and only $9.50. There is ample parking. (Les Schwab Tires next door is letting us use their parking lot)

http://www.bgwa.com/rockys.htm (let me know if you are or are not attending dinner) I have the large banquet room reserved

I need everyone to RSVP in advance so my caterer can bring enough food. I also am asking that everyone pay in advance so the costs to cover the event are gathered prior to the event. I do not want to be a cashier the day of the event. I have set up a link to collect payments. The cost is 20 dollars non refundable per person to cover the Band, Super Lunch, Snacks, Coffee and a Porta Potty. Once payment is sent I will add you to the list.

Here is the link to make your payment:

http://www.gofundme.com/2l7sgw

RSVP List

Screen name and First name and year & make Mustang / Shelby & color (attending dinner or not)

Current lunch head count: 26

Current dinner head count: 22

11. Quadshot, Curt & Kathy, 2008 Barrett Jackson edition Black with Red, attending dinner

12. Michael Gervais, 2013 Shelby GT500 ingot silver with matte black stripes, attending dinner

13. Anonymous, with Anonymous driving Anonymous with Anonymous stripes, attending dinner :hysterical:

14. TrakRat - James & Jodi - Black GR40 GT500 - SVTOA

15. Snkdout- 2009 Black Super Snake, Dean and Jeannie, attending dinner

For those driving down from the south that want to caravan, see this link:

http://www.teamshelb...3/#entry1437518

Yes Kerry.....get cars number 16 and 17 signed up and lets try to get others to sign up so we can get the head and car count up there. :happy feet: The event is going to go on....no matter what. I have decided to jut roll with what ever happens. I'm sure as the weather gets better....more will sign up. Any help you can do in getting people on board will be much appreciated.

I paid for only one car now, trying not to promise to much thru the summer.

Diane and I both have parents with health issues and are not sure they are going to make it thru the next few months.

I paid for only one car now, trying not to promise to much thru the summer.

Diane and I both have parents with health issues and are not sure they are going to make it thru the next few months.

Kerry, Sorry to hear that your parents are having issues. I too worry about my dad and wonder how much time I have with him. Life can be so fragile. I will keep your parents in my prayers.

I will put you and a guest down on the list. I hope Diane is the guest. Will you be going to Rockys with us after the drive ?

Kerry, Sorry to hear that your parents are having issues. I too worry about my dad and wonder how much time I have with him. Life can be so fragile. I will keep your parents in my prayers.

I will put you and a guest down on the list. I hope Diane is the guest. Will you be going to Rockys with us after the drive ?

Thanks for the kind words- been kept in dark on my dads health issue until recently but sounds terminal.

Diane's mom on the other hand is verified terminal and is currently in hospice care.

No dinner for us.

Diane will be attending as far as I know, she now works many Saturdays.

Rob,

I will be there if I am in town. I have been traveling more than usual this year and with the event still over two months out I don't know what my schedule will be.

Ted

Rob, Just paid for your Event, We are super excited to attend. We will help get the word out, just told some of our friends!

Sean & Tracy

NW Mustangs & Classic Fords!

Thanks for signing up Sean. It's going to be a fun event. We now have 30 people attending. :happy feet:

I hope you can make it Ted.

RSVP List

Current lunch head count: 30

Current dinner head count: 24

14. TrakRat, James & Jodi - Black GR40 GT500 - SVTOA

15. Snkdout, 2009 Black Super Snake, Dean and Jeannie, attending dinner

16. FordFan1, 2008 SGT Vista blue, Kerry & Diane, NWM&CF

17. 2006 gt-h, 2006 GT-H, Sean & Tracey, attending dinner, NWM&CF

Rob, LBFDENGINEER Gary Groover would love to attend. See you in August 2007 Shelby GT 500. Red of course

Gary,

I'm so glad you can make it this year. Now that I pushed the event out to August we should have better weather too ! Thanks for Registering. I put you and a guest down. Will you be attending dinner too ?

Here is the link to make your payment:

http://www.gofundme.com/2l7sgw

RSVP List

Current lunch head count: 32

Current dinner head count: 24

14. TrakRat, James & Jodi - Black GR40 GT500 - SVTOA

15. Snkdout, 2009 Black Super Snake, Dean and Jeannie, attending dinner

16. FordFan1, 2008 SGT Vista blue, Kerry & Diane, NWM&CF

17. 2006 gt-h, 2006 GT-H, Sean & Tracey, attending dinner, NWM&C

18. lbfdengineer, 2007 GT500 Torch Red, Gary & Guest

Rob,

Anna and I will be there for lunch and dinner.

Ted

I'm glad it turns out that you guys can make it. Thanks for registering. I just added you to Post #1. :happy feet:

20. tedj, 2013 GT500 Red W/Black stripes, Ted & anna, attending dinner, NWM&C

Ann and I are planning to attend, just haven't signed up yet.

Last years gathering was a "really" good event for us! Enjoyed the day totally, and discovered (and picked up) TedJ's

old second hand leftover blue car:) :} We like it a lot! :)

Hey Ted. It pulled 492hp at the rear wheels, during a dyno day earlier this month. Guess the pulley upgrade worked. :)

I'm also talking with my fellow SAAC members about this event. I hope to have a number of them attend with me. I know they will like it if they do!

Ray C.

Archived