TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Titanium Parts

msb64

Just wondering if you guys ever looked into offering some titanium parts?

I am aware of bolt kits and such, but would like to see something more substantial in weight savings and high strength benefits.

I know titanium is harder to work with and costs more than steel or aluminum, but could something relatively cost effective be done using it?

Something like the strut tower brace would be a perfect application for that, and there must be plenty of other relatively simple parts that could also work with that.

It kills me everytime I add some upgrade parts to the car, and they end up adding even more weight to an already heavy car.

Getting a good HD performance part plus trimmin some weight would be a double bonus if it could be pulled off.

It would be a huge benefit for strip racers, and probably help out on track courses as well.

Thanks

Just wondering if you guys ever looked into offering some titanium parts?

I am aware of bolt kits and such, but would like to see something more substantial in weight savings and high strength benefits.

I know titanium is harder to work with and costs more than steel or aluminum, but could something relatively cost effective be done using it?

Something like the strut tower brace would be a perfect application for that, and there must be plenty of other relatively simple parts that could also work with that.

It kills me everytime I add some upgrade parts to the car, and they end up adding even more weight to an already heavy car.

Getting a good HD performance part plus trimmin some weight would be a double bonus if it could be pulled off.

It would be a huge benefit for strip racers, and probably help out on track courses as well.

Thanks

We haven't had the opportunity, no part has been a good match, and we won't do it just for the sake of it, of course.

Jer

Fair enough, ultimately there needs to be a market for the products and enough of a profit to be worthwhile.

Knocking weight of these cars and keeping it look stock is not an easy task.

It never hurts to plant a seed though, from one NHRA fan to another :)

Fair enough, ultimately there needs to be a market for the products and enough of a profit to be worthwhile.

Knocking weight of these cars and keeping it look stock is not an easy task.

It never hurts to plant a seed though, from one NHRA fan to another :)

LOL! Absolutely!

Jer

Now that is cool, thanks for the link.

They are even open ended which will make the tech guys happy.

Added to the list :)

You're welcome.

They will make any you any type of lug nut if you can give them the specs needed to for your car and wheel application. They will also engrave logos on the closed nut for an extra fee. They have lowered their prices since the last time I looked at them

Archived