TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT1097 is getting a new hood

A few pix of the progress:

Jer

IMG_3672.jpgIMG_3673.jpgIMG_3674.jpgIMG_3602.jpgIMG_3605.jpgIMG_3656.jpgIMG_3562.jpg

IMG_3672.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3674.jpg

IMG_3602.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3562.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang!!!! I had a feeling early on that I would be last. Maybe it's cause I'm having the underside of the hood striped too. My center section will be black, but the stripes will wrap around onto the underside and stop at the beginning of the black section. Estimated delivery is next week, so Jer and I will be neck and neck.

Dang!!!! I had a feeling early on that I would be last. Maybe it's cause I'm having the underside of the hood striped too. My center section will be black, but the stripes will wrap around onto the underside and stop at the beginning of the black section. Estimated delivery is next week, so Jer and I will be neck and neck.

Kind of like this, but blue?

100_3254_zps7bef211c.jpg

More progress:

Jer

IMG_3666.jpgIMG_3686.jpgIMG_3697.jpgIMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

That is fine-texture stone guard, then black paint, then a satin clearcoat (for easy wipedown and cleanup). It's something new we're trying.

Jer

Thanks jeff! Rob: could be the angle I took the pick. I blew the pic up and I didn't see any uneven ness at the vents. Lookz like they resized the vents a bit to make them even. They have a few areas on the clear they need to sand and respray

Yes the stock cap clears. I put my cap set on last night and made the discovery. Started to think how I could lower the tank but haven't come up with anything yet. Not even sure if its possible and haven't made precise measurements yet. Was disappointed but then my wife said " good thing you didn't stick it on yet. For car shows you can just set it on there. Who will know?" Great idea! Duh.

My caps are already on..so if it hits, they're going to see it before I ever bring it home. I appreciate the heads up on this, I'll make sure to look it over good before it leaves the shop. Seeing the progress has me all excited to get it back. I noticed yesterday they haven't done anything to the bumpers yet either.

I may have found my solution if the measurements work out. A Moroso aluminum tank would look so much nicer in there but I have to call them to get specific heights from the top of the theaded inlet to the mounting holes. If the Moroso tank is 5/8" lower in height than stock I gotter made. Going to start another thread to see if somebody already has this tank and can make some measurements for me.

Rob, I talked with the body shop today and they told me they had noticed how close the clearance was on the cap. They had done a Cobra R a few months back and had ran into the same problem. He claims the cap cleared on my car, but just barely. I told them to use their judgment, but if it was looking to close, go ahead and take the cap off and I'll just put it on for shows. He mentioned that they made a lowering bracket for the tank on the Cobra, so that could be a possibility too instead of replacing the entire tank. I'm going to take a look at it when it gets home. Estimated pickup date is this Friday afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed!

Archived