TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Guitar Players Thread

All the Jer talk got me thinking of this thread again...

Just bought this funky little woody style amp for $100. I couldn’t resist. Yamaha G5 7 watt solid state amp with a real spring reverb. These were made from 1980 -82.

Even has a headphone jack in the rear for quiet practice time. :donald_farr:

Nice!!! I should get an old amp like that just to blow it up :drool:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got rid of all my solid state and tube amps....I use my DAW with an axe fx II through Yamaha reference speakers.

The heck w/ the amps....your GT500 looks awesome! ... Like my Shelby GT on steroids!!

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Here is a crazy Idea that I have had for a while now and will share.................................... with these new stereos in our Cars that have an iPod Jack............I wonder if you could plug a Guitar in that same Jack if you can find the right Cable or Adapter. It should sound pretty good, especially if you have the Shaker 500 or 1000. My thinking is.....You just happen to have your Guitar and your waiting for someone and your bored, just Plug In and play while waiting. Going on a Trip and want to work on a Tune, let someone else drive while you Plug In and play.

Hmmm...I guess the only way to find out is to try it. Seems that it should work...

Archived