TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tapered Hood Stripes dimensions?

msbmustang

Can anyone please measure the width of their hood stripes at the front of the hood and the rear for me?

YAK Graphics is putting on the "second set of replacement stripes" this week after the "matched" material comes in.

The only place on the car where the stripes have a taper is on the hood. They taper from the front of the hood (smaller) to the rear of the hood (closest to the windshield) where they are slightly wider. The spacing between all the stripes measures 1 1/4". Which is what it is on the hood and rear of my GT500 which are still orig.

I found on another post that they are 9 7/16" wide on the bumper/front fascia pieces and also 9 7/16's starting at the front of the hood but no spec on the width at the rear of the hood. Probably around 10"? I did measure the Stripes on my bumper and they are 9 7/16 wide but I don't trust the guy who put them on. They said they came from Shelby but the hood stripes have a jagged edge on the inside of both stripes and that means he cut them so they may not have been from the factory.

Thanks,

Mark / MSB Mustang

Can anyone please measure the width of their hood stripes at the front of the hood and the rear for me?

YAK Graphics is putting on the "second set of replacement stripes" this week after the "matched" material comes in.

The only place on the car where the stripes have a taper is on the hood. They taper from the front of the hood (smaller) to the rear of the hood (closest to the windshield) where they are slightly wider. The spacing between all the stripes measures 1 1/4". Which is what it is on the hood and rear of my GT500 which are still orig.

I found on another post that they are 9 7/16" wide on the bumper/front fascia pieces and also 9 7/16's starting at the front of the hood but no spec on the width at the rear of the hood. Probably around 10"? I did measure the Stripes on my bumper and they are 9 7/16 wide but I don't trust the guy who put them on. They said they came from Shelby but the hood stripes have a jagged edge on the inside of both stripes and that means he cut them so they may not have been from the factory.

Thanks,

Mark / MSB Mustang

I just realized not too long ago that the stripes on my car were tapered on the hood.

Mine is a 2010 and they are 1" wider (across both stripes and the center section) in the rear than in the front.

And yes, ONLY on the hood. When I discovered it I measured all of my stripes. You could measure the stripes on the fascia and on the top to see what should match, no?

If you'll take 2010+ dimensions, I can get them for you. I'm just not *sure* if they're the same on all years (2010 started with the front single hood vent).

Phill

Here ya go.

For 2007-2009:

-------------- Begin-----End

Lower Grille--- 9 1/4-----9 1/4

Frt Bumper----9 1/4-----9 3/8

Hood--------- 9 1/4-----9 15/16

Top ----------10 15/16--10 15/16

Trunk B4 Splr--10 3/4----10 11/16

Spoiler ------- 10 5/8----10 5/8

Trunk aft Splr-10 1/2-----10 1/4

Bumper -------10 1/4-----10 1/4

Next to Plate--2 5/8

Next to Center Brake Light

---------------6---------5 3/4

Steve

Thanks Steve,

That is exactly what I needed. Also where did you get that info from?

Mark

• 3 years later...

Archived