TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire rotation

I'm looking for some thoughts

has anyone swapped their wheels and tires from left to right?

it recommends it in the manual.

I come from the days that you did not change direction on a tire bcause of the risk of the belts separating?

your thoughts

Lonnie ... i was about to tell u a big NO NO ... i thought these F1 supercar tires were directional. SO i went out and looked at my front tires ( my rear nittos are definitly directional).

I cant see or read any marks that tell me the tire is directional so I am assuming u can do this .. so do iT !

They will wear more evenly in the long run

Lonnie ... i was about to tell u a big NO NO ... i thought these F1 supercar tires were directional. SO i went out and looked at my front tires ( my rear nittos are definitly directional).

I cant see or read any marks that tell me the tire is directional so I am assuming u can do this .. so do iT !

They will wear more evenly in the long run

Thanks, I think I will.

I rotate my daily driver tires every time I do an oil change, I get great wear and mileage out of them.

I'm all about even tire wear, have you seen the price of these things? (retorical) I bet you have.

I'm looking for some thoughts

has anyone swapped their wheels and tires from left to right?

it recommends it in the manual.

I come from the days that you did not change direction on a tire bcause of the risk of the belts separating?

your thoughts

SS, I used to work at a tire store. Back in the old days, 25 years ago, you are right...they did not recommend changing the rotational direction (which is what would happen if you swapped sides). This was largely because of the different stresses applied to the tire, and they were worried that the belts would separate. Since then, tire technology has improved dramatically, and this is no longer an issue. I recommend swapping them....about every 6,000 - 10,000 miles is a good number. If you note a vibration after doing so, you may have to rebalance the wheel/tire assembly.

Dave

The way I drive i have done this 2 times and only have 1200 mi on the car !!!! tread is 60% GONE on the stock tires. Rotating them keeps the scallop effect down........

SS, I used to work at a tire store. Back in the old days, 25 years ago, you are right...they did not recommend changing the rotational direction (which is what would happen if you swapped sides). This was largely because of the different stresses applied to the tire, and they were worried that the belts would separate. Since then, tire technology has improved dramatically, and this is no longer an issue. I recommend swapping them....about every 6,000 - 10,000 miles is a good number. If you note a vibration after doing so, you may have to rebalance the wheel/tire assembly.

Dave

Thanks Dave

you gave me the cofidence to take the leap

I will go for it

The way I drive i have done this 2 times and only have 1200 mi on the car !!!! tread is 60% GONE on the stock tires. Rotating them keeps the scallop effect down........

60% wow I dont have the coin to replace the tires that often

it is awesome to create smoke though

I'm jealous

That shouldbe no problem just reverse the leads on the 550 compressor & she will turn ccw. :hysterical:

I thought I would have to have a special adapter for CC air

Just don't forget to put counterclockwise air in the right side tire.

My right side tyres have clockwise air in them. The left side tyres have the counterclockwise air. It seems I need to reverse the air direction in all the tyres when rotating them from side to side. Thanks for pointing that out. I'da never considered it.

JB

Are you saying these tires aren't solid rubber?

I need to stop treating them like Badboy does I guess. :banghead:

Poop

my spelling is as bad as yours in the morning "Spellcheck is my friend"

Michelin makes an airless tire called a tweel, neat concept but it's Damn Ugly IMO

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/micheli...ires-206443.php

Once again this site is so helpful. This tool is a lifesaver. If it wearn't for your help I could have broken my car

Thank you

Rotational control forever

done correctly it makes the car faster, adds 8 HP

Once again this site is so helpful. This tool is a lifesaver. If it wearn't for your help I could have broken my car

Thank you

Rotational control forever

done correctly it makes the car faster, adds 8 HP

And don't forget, it will make that nagging wheel hop problem go away. Plus it's one of the few modifications that improves gas mileage. Sometimes it's the simple things that gets overlooked. Even I was reminded of the resistance the air in your tyres can cause.

I love this place too.

JB

And don't forget, it will make that nagging wheel hop problem go away. Plus it's one of the few modifications that improves gas mileage. Sometimes it's the simple things that gets overlooked. Even I was reminded of the resistance the air in your tyres can cause.

I love this place too.

JB

No wheel hop here

I will enjoy the extra gas miliage

Archived