TEAM SHELBY FORUM

IMPORTANT NOTICE

I'm sure a lot of you are aware and have followed up but for those who have not

The manual recommends you re-torque your wheels after the first 500 miles and after any wheel disturbance.

After initial torque none of the lugs on my car stabilized.

It is Important to check them.

Lonnie .. great suggestion .. I really didnt read the manual from top to bottom since I work for a store .. but your right that makes sense.

When your road racing ... thats std procedure .. checking all lug nuts. I have actually found a few snug but no longer torqued down. I could back them out with my fingers. ALways re torque your lug nuts on at road course and certainly wouldnt hurt to re-check your own nuts :rockon:

Lonnie .. great suggestion .. I really didnt read the manual from top to bottom since I work for a store .. but your right that makes sense.

When your road racing ... thats std procedure .. checking all lug nuts. I have actually found a few snug but no longer torqued down. I could back them out with my fingers. ALways re torque your lug nuts on at road course and certainly wouldnt hurt to re-check your own nuts :rockon:

So you're a road racer? That is my preference as well, AWESOME. Going straight as fast as you can is fun but throw a left/right turn at the end is where it's at. I work in an idustry that has a bunch of fast moving and shaking parts, lose of torque until stable is critical.

BTW 100Ft lbs is the required wheel lug torque

And don't forget, if you're over 40, you must make sure to check and tighten your nuts at least twice a year. Keeping your nuts tight as you get older requires more attention and frequency. Only use your hand if you don't have access to a Torque Wrench and/or a qualified Torque Wrench Technician.

:hysterical2:

"Re-check your own nuts".........may be one of the best quotes ever. Makes me nervous that I am going to be meeting you in a couple weeks. My nuts are fine. Actually, co-pilot says they are ok considering my age.

:banana piano:

"Re-check your own nuts".........may be one of the best quotes ever. Makes me nervous that I am going to be meeting you in a couple weeks. My nuts are fine. Actually, co-pilot says they are ok considering my age.

:banana piano:

OK

is there going to be any adult supervision at this M&G?

Someone better arrange for intervention in the event of an emergency :hysterical2:

Practice fires :extinguish: and now everyone has to re check their nuts :poke:

Archived