TEAM SHELBY FORUM

color Change

my SGT actually is my wifes car . and shes been wanting her stipes painted . she wants them to match the rest the red carbon fiber look of the car. i do my own painting so and have most the the paint on hand

how about some feedback from y'all

post-20396-0-19352600-1365445602_thumb.jpg

thanks jim

So what your saying is you want our opinion on some candy apple red stripes? I love the color, and I say do what makes you or your wife in this case happy. There are several other SGT owners that have painted their stipes a different color (andrewangle, jaspony) and they all look good. I'm sure your wifes will to. Let us know how it comes out if you decied to do it

Might have to change the radiator cover though or it will be all red

Jeff

1. you do very nice paint work based on what I've seen, so it'll probably look good.

2. I wouldn't do it, but only because I don't care for red stripes on black much.

3. Would you leave the radiator cover as is or paint it black with red stripes as well?

That probably helps a ton eh?

Whatever blows your skirt up. I say do it. Black with red stripes is one of my favorites anyway. I wouldn't change the stripes on mine, but then I'm a fuddy duddy. LOL

You asked for an opinion, so here goes. The paint work looks really nice, but to me, it no longer has the souk of a Shelby GT. it looks like a Chip Foose mod car (I am no fan of Chip Foose design). Do whatever makes you and your wife happy, it's your car, but to me it just does not seem right. I am sure the candy apple red stripes will look fantastic, but as I said, it looses the soul of a Shelby GT. BTW, love the CS40 wheels!

thanks for the input everyone . i stopped by my paint jobber and picked up the paint/supplies ill do a few test panels one with silver base one with gold base and let the wife pick the one she likes

JIM

thanks for the input everyone . i stopped by my paint jobber and picked up the paint/supplies ill do a few test panels one with silver base one with gold base and let the wife pick the one she likes

JIM

I believe in 2 things:

1. Silver stripes on an SGT

2. Keeping the wife happy.

Your call, man! :hysterical:

Jer

Dan yes it was been to long . will see you at knott's were taking the Roush . getting two ready just to much work . theres only a couple of shows that both will go. this season

Jer... Happy wife = top of list . because i do my own painting nothing is set in concrete .

JIM

Dan yes it was been to long . will see you at knott's were taking the Roush . getting two ready just to much work . theres only a couple of shows that both will go. this season

Jer... Happy wife = top of list . because i do my own painting nothing is set in concrete .

JIM

When you say Knott's, are you talking the Fab Ford's in So Cal?

Yes knotts berry farm . didnt make it last year really looking forward to it

Was able to go to that show with my Dad years ago... by far my favorite car show ever. My parents have been back, but I haven't been in Ca during the show since. One day I'll make it back. When is it? I'll pass the info along to my family, maybe they'll be able to make it again this year.

Archived