TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cars at Lajolla Concours Today

mherman2

I pulled on the lawn in my 1968 Yellow GT500KR and a judge walks up and says he likes the color. I see his name is Camilo Pardo, chief designer on the Ford GT. So I showed him a picture of my Heritage and we had a nice conversation, great guy.

Great cars today:

https://plus.google.com/photos/118202488090179129235/albums/5864264273730343425?banner=pwa

So did it get judged?

It did, they were white glove judges, not "correct" Judges for my group. Camilo was not a judge in our group. Every kept saying they never have seen a Yellow shelby. I think crowd favorite. Judges likes the Two LS6's that had shiny chrome. I didn't even bother to put the right wheels on. They want the hubcaps and shiny chrome under the hood. Mine is plenty clean but did not have time to detail engine prior to show. I drove it there and had fun doing it:)

It did, they were white glove judges, not "correct" Judges for my group. Camilo was not a judge in our group. Every kept saying they never have seen a Yellow shelby. I think crowd favorite. Judges likes the Two LS6's that had shiny chrome. I didn't even bother to put the right wheels on. They want the hubcaps and shiny chrome under the hood. Mine is plenty clean but did not have time to detail engine prior to show. I drove it there and had fun doing it:)

Ha, those "Concours d'Elegance" type events are a hoot. I entered my Mopar Nationals, back to back 1st place champion, 99 point car in one last summer. It came in second to a '67 GTO that had very little, if anything, that was original and not chromed. Al Unser was one of the judges, he, of course, likes chrome too and said so.

Archived