TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Mods - Getting Ready For Show Season

Well, I've been collecting parts for the past several months waiting for spring in Iowa to get here. We finally had a few nice days this week and got some things installed.

First removed the SGT Ford Racing struts and shocks and replaced them with Tokico D-Spec adjustable ones. These are very cool and allows me to dial in a firm or softer setting.

April2013ShelbyMods011.jpg

April2013ShelbyMods012.jpg

April2013ShelbyMods016.jpg

April2013ShelbyMods018.jpg

In addition to that I got the Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber plates. No more camber bolts!

April2013ShelbyMods010.jpg

Then installed Steeda billet lower control arms and relocation brackets. Welded brackets in and set on the 3rd hole up from the bottom so it was level. I'm a little concerned about the ground clearance on the brackets as they hang down another couple inches.

April2013ShelbyMods021.jpg

April2013ShelbyMods024.jpg

April2013ShelbyMods023.jpg

Got everything laser aligned and set to factory specs.

April2013ShelbyMods019.jpg

And then finally...put on the Shelby 50th Alcoas with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Decided to go with 20 x 9 and 255 35ZR 20 on all 4 corners.

April2013ShelbyMods029.jpg

April2013ShelbyMods028.jpg

April2013ShelbyMods025.jpg

April2013ShelbyMods033.jpg

It took us about 3 1/2 hours to do all the work. Thanks Alex Mackenzie for the tech advice. Hope you like what I've done. I feel pretty good about it and think the Alcoas look great!!

Dave

Nice work.

For some reason, I always enjoy seeing a nicely done white '07 SGT.... hmmm...

Jer

Looks great, only thing to make it better, the Deep Draw Hood...lol

Dan

Dan, I bought one. At some point I will get it finished and put on. Likely when I get my stripes painted on, maybe a year from now.

Awesome, nice work!!

Thanks ilmor. I was just looking at your rusty butt treatment thread last night, and that I need to put that on my list of things to do. I'm thinking of sending my car out the Mackenzie's Mustang Supply next fall for a supercharger, so i may let him do the RBT then :idea:

Thanks ilmor. I was just looking at your rusty butt treatment thread last night, and that I need to put that on my list of things to do. I'm thinking of sending my car out the Mackenzie's Mustang Supply next fall for a supercharger, so i may let him do the RBT then :idea:

Good idea - that would be a lot easier than working off the garage floor like I did!! I touched it up a little during this winter again.

Archived