TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Battery Cover

I have been trying to decide on what to do with the battery on my 07 GT. It's 7 years old and has been fine so far but I am wondering how much longer it will hold out. I do keep it on a battery minder. I came across this new battery cover at the Shelby store. It says 05-09 available soon. Seems like it would be a nice match for someone who has the Shelby cam covers/ Moroso tanks etc.

http://www.shelbysto...uct-p/74225.htmAlloyMustang2013007.jpg[/img]

Interesting, I hadn't seen this before. Note that it is for "2010 and Up Mustangs with front terminals" - 2007 to 2009 to come at a later date. I'll definitely look at it more closely when "ours" comes on line.

By the way, I too have the original battery and have never used a trickle charger or tender of any type, even through long periods of limited Winter use. When I go for a new battery, I'll use Motorcraft again, not only for the "original look" but also because the great service I've gotten from this one.

]

When I go for a new battery, I'll use Motorcraft again, not only for the "original look" but also because the great service I've gotten from this one.[/size]

I'm doing the same; I have the original battery also. I do us a trickle during the winter.

I'd like the Shelby one for my 08 SGT but without the lettering. Just too much stuff labeled Shelby on my ride.

You could get the standard Moroso version as long as you didn't mind the " Moroso " logo. Having a GT thats the route that I took. The 05-09 version is supposed to ship on 4/16.

The interesting thing with the pics in the store is the underside shot is the 05-09 version with the mounting tab opposite of the terminal cut outs.

Those photos are all the same cover. The difference between the two "versions" is which way the logo faces.

BTW, I'll add myself to the list of satisfied Motorcraft battery owners. My original is going strong, and I'll buy the same when it fails.

Jer

Archived