TEAM SHELBY FORUM

4th Annual “Snakes at the Lake” Tahoe Cruise – Saturday June 22nd, 2013

SVT NAJA

I've heard good things about this product. Was going to give it a try.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-90000-Paint-Defender-Spray/dp/B00BSKYM82

I have also. I think it creates a nice smooth finish and is designed to stay on longer than the occasional road trips. I will try it in the future. Let me know how it works for you. Lets go Tahoe!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife and I were in South Lake Tahoe today celebrating our 34 wedding anniversary. Around 1PM an unexpected thunder storm hit the area, lightning, hail and heavy rain. We both were wondering how you guys were making out and hoping the rain would not interrupt your afternoon. How did it work out for everyone? On the way home the lightning was pretty steady, we even had a ground strike about 50 yards to the side of the road we were traveling. I hope folks are able to post some pictures when they get home.

David,

I'm sorry the weather in SLT was not very welcoming for you and your wife today while celebrating your 34th wedding anniversary (Congrats BTW!), but this is why I schedule Snakes at the Lake for the later part of June to avoid this type of late spring weather in the Sierras. As shown below, the current forecast for SATL on Saturday June 22nd is looking pretty good...

Screenshot2013-06-09at73828PM_zpsaac54d7c.png

David,

I'm sorry the weather in SLT was not very welcoming for you and your wife today while celebrating your 34th wedding anniversary (Congrats BTW!), but this is why I schedule Snakes at the Lake for the later part of June to avoid this type of late spring weather in the Sierras. As shown below, the current forecast for SATL on Saturday June 22nd is looking pretty good...

Screenshot2013-06-09at73828PM_zpsaac54d7c.png

NICE!

Charles,

I noticed your reservation for SATL this evening. Welcome aboard! You and Camille are veterans at our Kings Beach event and it's great to have you joining us again.

I'll update the list on page #1 and we'll see you 2 in Old Town Sac on the 22nd. :happy feet:

Jim

Jim--I did it !!!!! The wife and I will be there in the GT350, couldn't talk her into a 300 mile day in the Tiger. :)

Bruce,

Welcome aboard! The vintage GT350 will be a great addition to the mix of vehicles. A roundtrip in the Tiger would be a L O N G day in the sun, especially if it's warm, so I totally understand. I'll get you posted up.

Jim

PS: Will you and Rick (5 DOT 0) join the Hwy 50 conga line in Folsom?

I will probably wait by the side at 50 and Scott rd. Plus there is a Starbucks right there..haha What do you think Jim, 9am?

Bruce,

We'll be really close to 9am when we pass Scott. I'll have you and Rick on the call list as we approach. Jack will then join us on a roll in Placerville.

Jim

Rob and Cindi,

Great talking with both of you this evening. We're looking forward to having RMC members joining us for the day in Kings Beach. I'll get you posted up on page #1 here and stay tuned for the Carson City meet spot for the trip over to Meyers on Hwy 50. See you on Saturday June 22nd.

Jim

Raul and Betty,

I noticed your SATL reservation earlier today. Welcome aboard. Thanks for returning my e-mail message. Great to have another RMC couple joining us for the day in Kings Beach. Stay tuned for info regarding the Carson City meet spot and time so you can join the Nevada crew for the short hop over to Meyers. See you on the 22nd!

Jim

There is a meet in Morgan Hill star bucks, any other stop before Old Town? Thought last year we picked up some folks north of 101 just off the freeway on 680?

I am assuming we are taking 101 to 680 to 580 to 205 to 5 into SAC.

Sal,

Hopefully your schedule is clear on the 22nd and you can join us again along with another GoPro video installment like the one above.

Jim

I would LOVE to but I'm afraid I won't be able to join you this year. :(

I WILL be at Vegas though. Hopefully we can meet up at another event as time permits before then.

I saw this in one of our car magazines. I'm very curious as well how good it works. I'm also wondering if it's ok to apply to matte black stripes.

This looks interesting....let me know if it works.

Maybe I can use it to keep the melted rubber off my quarters at the drags...

I saw this in one of our car magazines. I'm very curious as well how good it works. I'm also wondering if it's ok to apply to matte black stripes.

It requires a good wax before spraying on. I would not use it on a matt finish. I do not think I would use it on any tape stripes. Remember its meant to be removed. Could lift the tape stripe.

There is a meet in Morgan Hill star bucks, any other stop before Old Town? Thought last year we picked up some folks north of 101 just off the freeway on 680?

Harald I told Marty we would pick him up somewhere along 680 and Calaveras. I like the route you have there, works for me unless we're meeting up with others along the 80 route.

Andy

Harald I told Marty we would pick him up somewhere along 680 and Calaveras. I like the route you have there, works for me unless we're meeting up with others along the 80 route.

Andy

If the South Bay crew wants to continue heading north on I-680, you can meet some of us at Sun Valley in Concord for the remaining leg up I-80 to OTS...

We need to gased up right before we hit Sac liked we did last year...who remembers where we stopped.....

Larry,

The Sun Valley crew makes a stop at the Chevron in Cordelia while meeting up with the North Bay crew. A full tank there will get you to the Chevron in Meyers, if not Kings Beach, which I could do with the GT500.

I would LOVE to but I'm afraid I won't be able to join you this year. :(

I WILL be at Vegas though. Hopefully we can meet up at another event as time permits before then.

Sal,

We'll have to co-ordinate the date for next year's 5th SATL so you can make it. As far as video, I think several members will have GoPro's mounted, so stay tuned...

Jim

PS: We'll be heading to Carmel Valley later this summer for lunch at the Baja Cantina, so maybe you'll be able to catch that one...

If the South Bay crew wants to continue heading north on I-680, you can meet some of us at Sun Valley in Concord for the remaining leg up I-80 to OTS...

I will follow the group as I have no preference. Maybe the folks from Morgan Hill that Austin and I will meet can chime in as to how they wish to travel. Either way, one week and counting :) Anyone have the little public radios, bring them, I have two so I can loan one. May be helpful in the conga.

Sal,

We'll have to co-ordinate the date for next year's 5th SATL so you can make it. As far as video, I think several members will have GoPro's mounted, so stay tuned...

Jim

PS: We'll be heading to Carmel Valley later this summer for lunch at the Baja Cantina, so maybe you'll be able to catch that one...

Hell yes....keep me in the loop.

Archived