TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Curious

Dcourt

Cool!

Jer

It's cool to know I'm not the only one who is spoiled/ lucky enough to have one of these cars!

Any of you have and really cool stories on how you got yours.

My Dad made a deal with me when I was a freshman in HS that if I graduated from a service academy or got a full ride somewhere he would get me a brand new Mustang for my graduation since he didn't have to help with college. When the time came I wanted a used SGT instead of a 2011 5.0, so I saved him even more money I guess lol. It's the most special gift I've ever received from someone because of what it represents. It's a dream come true of owning a Shelby, and I know it was just as special to my Dad to be able to give that gift to me. I don't like to tell people that my parents bought it for me just because I don't want to be placed in the spoiled rich kid category. My Shelby is a garage queen, I love her to death, and I'm very blessed to own her! Thanks Dad!

It's cool to know I'm not the only one who is spoiled/ lucky enough to have one of these cars!

Any of you have and really cool stories on how you got yours.

My dad passed away unexpectedly when I was 12. He had always talked about how much he love his first car - a 1966 2+2 fastback. So when it came time to pick out my first car I had no doubt what it would be. I bought a V6 and then saw the SGT a few months later and knew that my dad would've loved it. Now every time I look at the car I think of my dad and all the great memories I have of him. Not having him around to just go hang out with it hard, but having the car to me is a great way to honor his memory in a silent (okay, extremely loud), personal way.

My Dad made a deal with me when I was a freshman in HS that if I graduated from a service academy or got a full ride somewhere he would get me a brand new Mustang for my graduation since he didn't have to help with college. When the time came I wanted a used SGT instead of a 2011 5.0, so I saved him even more money I guess lol. It's the most special gift I've ever received from someone because of what it represents. It's a dream come true of owning a Shelby, and I know it was just as special to my Dad to be able to give that gift to me. I don't like to tell people that my parents bought it for me just because I don't want to be placed in the spoiled rich kid category. My Shelby is a garage queen, I love her to death, and I'm very blessed to own her! Thanks Dad!

Funny,

That's the same deal I have with my kids. My Son didn't think I was serious so he lost out, but my daughter is well on her way to making it happen. She wants a grabber blue mustang so I guess it won't be an SGT.

My daughter is going to inherate my Shelby GT, but hopefully she won't be posting in this thread soon.

Funny,

That's the same deal I have with my kids. My Son didn't think I was serious so he lost out, but my daughter is well on her way to making it happen. She wants a grabber blue mustang so I guess it won't be an SGT.

Even funnier... the hardest thing I had in deciding between a new 5.0 or an SGT was grabber blue. I'm borderline obsessed with the color blue, and have a serious weak spot for grabber blue. If I won the lotto today, I'd be at the Ford dealership tomorrow ordering a grabber blue GT500.

Even funnier... the hardest thing I had in deciding between a new 5.0 or an SGT was grabber blue. I'm borderline obsessed with the color blue, and have a serious weak spot for grabber blue. If I won the lotto today, I'd be at the Ford dealership tomorrow ordering a grabber blue GT500.

Too funny :hysterical2:

My dad made a deal with me in middle school that if I got all A's for the entire time I was there, that he would give me money that I could either use towards my car or something. So after three years of middle school, I graduated as valedictorian!(greatest day of my life). As a partial middle school graduation present for all the hard work I did, my parents got me my SGT and I payed for about half of it, using all my money. I'm so glad that I had/have the determination to do well. After all, it's definitely pays out. It's really neat to have a twin of my dads car.

CSshelbykid

REALLY great stories! Love it!

Jer

Archived