TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Salt water spots worry me

My town water just was never good enough for anything in my house. It has a lot of calcium. It killed my very expensive Viking DW along with spotting dishes and just not good. I rarely washed my cars from my hose because if you didn't dry it fast enough it would spot. I do have an electric leaf blower that i purchased just for blowing off the car it is used for nothing else. So this fall after my DW kicked the bucket i decided to invest in a water softner. Now everything is nice, but I rinsed off a matte gray Veloster the other day without drying and noticed after it dried that there were salt runs here and there. Now they came off but this is what's worrying me.

I'm afraid of washing my Shelby vert top and having salt runs on the black top. I guess the easy answer is to turn off the water softner before I wash my car but I'm also afraid of the non softened water. I did purchase years ago a clearwater filtering system on wheels for washing my car but that's not an option anymore either. What I'm planning on doing is turning off the salt and only washing the body. Just was wondering if anyone had ideas on washing the top also besides using poland spring bottles B)

I live in the country and our water is really smelly and is almost yellow in color so we have a extreme water softner that also has a prefilter. I wash my vert all the time with the softened water and I wash the top but dry the car immediatley I use a blower that is for detailing it is called the Master Blaster then I use micro fiber towels to totataly dry it. My top looks perfect and its 5 years old.

Archived