TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Corsa Sport mufflers on a 2013 GT500

Mr. Haney

I recently purchased the Corsa part number 14321BLK for my 13 gt500.

I was actually surprised by these mufflers. The engine does seem to rev freer. It is also quieter inside the car than the stock mufflers while cruising at any speed or engine RPM. Absolutely no drone!!!!! It does have a slightly louder raspier tone under full throttle, but it is not annoying or excessively loud inside the car.

My next mod is a set of ARH LT headers with off road X-pipe and the Borla mandrel bent mid to over axle pipe. This will give me a complete exhaust system change that I hope will be fairly quiet in the interior of the car, but have a nice roar under hard throttle. I expect the interior noise level to increase with this mod, but as quiet as it is now I think it is going to be a perfect combo when finished.

i did the same as you are doing,first i changed the mufflers, to magnaflow the car had hardley and noise, then changed to corsa sport which i still have on the car then had a little more sound to it but not what a gt 500 should sound like, so i put on ford racing shorty headers ,still not what i was looking for in the sound department, so i put on a lethal performance catted mid pipe, just like you said car is still nice inside , until you get on it then its a monster, but once you are in 5th or 6th gear the car is great for cruising no noise, but last week i let a friend drive it as i was a on looker just to here from the outside of.the car and its obnocious, so now i just picked up a bbk catted mid pipe and watched a few u-tube videos of 2010 with corsas and bbk and car sounds not as loud but i am installing my bbk tommorow hope its not as loud long story short be careful of these x-pipes they can be very loud with certain mufflers

Love the Corsa system on my 2008! Quiet with no drone inside, sounds nice and angry from outside under hard throttle. I've only gotten to hear it from outside briefly with my wife driving & it sounded great. The tips are nicely finished too & overall great quality.

Not sure if they've changed much for the new generation so your results may vary.

i did the same as you are doing,first i changed the mufflers, to magnaflow the car had hardley and noise, then changed to corsa sport which i still have on the car then had a little more sound to it but not what a gt 500 should sound like, so i put on ford racing shorty headers ,still not what i was looking for in the sound department, so i put on a lethal performance catted mid pipe, just like you said car is still nice inside , until you get on it then its a monster, but once you are in 5th or 6th gear the car is great for cruising no noise, but last week i let a friend drive it as i was a on looker just to here from the outside of.the car and its obnocious, so now i just picked up a bbk catted mid pipe and watched a few u-tube videos of 2010 with corsas and bbk and car sounds not as loud but i am installing my bbk tommorow hope its not as loud long story short be careful of these x-pipes they can be very loud with certain mufflers

I hope it stays fairly quiet with the headers and X pipe, at least in the interior of the car. I could careless how noisy it is outside of the car. I should be able to let you know in a few weeks. I plan on having everything done to the exhaust shortly.

• 1 month later...

Here is what the Corsa Sport mufflers sound like with ARH 1 7/8" LT headers X -pipe with Cats. The interior noise level is actually less than stock while under highway speed cruising conditions, but once you step on the throttle and bring up RPM it screams

Here is what the Corsa Sport mufflers sound like with ARH 1 7/8" LT headers X -pipe with Cats. The interior noise level is actually less than stock while under highway speed cruising conditions, but once you step on the throttle and bring up RPM it screams

Awesome. That sounds great. When you step on it that thing screams.

• 1 year later...

Sounds real nice Mr Haney, Thanks for sharing, Question did you do the ARH LT or did the shop install them? Reason I'm asking is I'm getting ready to do them and from the other forums I've seen where people have had to cut the ARH at the flange on the drivers side to get enough clearance for the dip stick tube. If I remember correctly when I did my Dynatechs it was tight getting the dipstick back in but we didn't have to cut or grind the header flange.

• 6 months later...

Archived