TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 lowered Shelby

cleghornm

I just got Ford SVT Lowering Springs 1.25" (5300-L). Should work fine with the electronic suspension.

So when I look at these springs on the Ford Racing Parts website http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/FORD_RACING_SHELBY_GT500_1_25_IN_LOWERING_SPRINGS_p/m-5300-l.htm it says that they are recommended for use with the "Track Pack Option" because they are designed specifically for the "Bilstein electronically controlled Track Pack option." My reading of the 2013/2014 order guides has the Track Package (55S) with external engine, differential, and transmission coolers--nothing about Bilstein while the Performance Package (821A) has the "Bilstein cockpit-selectable dampers." This is simply a misprint on Ford's Racing Parts website and the SVTPP (821A) is the equipment package that the springs are designed for use with, correct?

So when I look at these springs on the Ford Racing Parts website http://www.fordracin..._p/m-5300-l.htm it says that they are recommended for use with the "Track Pack Option" because they are designed specifically for the "Bilstein electronically controlled Track Pack option." My reading of the 2013/2014 order guides has the Track Package (55S) with external engine, differential, and transmission coolers--nothing about Bilstein while the Performance Package (821A) has the "Bilstein cockpit-selectable dampers." This is simply a misprint on Ford's Racing Parts website and the SVTPP (821A) is the equipment package that the springs are designed for use with, correct?

You can't get the Track Package (TP) without getting the Performance Package (PP) so if you have the TP, you have the PP and shocks.

Phill

Van at Revan Racing recommended them to me & said they would work fine with the electronically adjustable suspension...which is part of the SVTPP...not the track package. I have both the track package & SVTPP.

Thanks! Do you have these lowering springs? Did you install them yourself? What about getting your alignment checked after their installation?

I do have them. They are sitting in a box on my porch. Too scared to do it myself. I plan to get them, UCA, LCAs, & panhard bar installed all at once. I do think that an alignment would be in order after an install.

I do have them. They are sitting in a box on my porch. Too scared to do it myself. I plan to get them, UCA, LCAs, & panhard bar installed all at once. I do think that an alignment would be in order after an install.

You WILL need to at least check the alignment. Toe WILL be off. Camber may or may not be (USUALLY, not). Caster isn't something you can change so it matters not.

Toe is a VERY important measurement. It will wear tires excessively and affect the way the car handles.

Phill

Archived