TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSX 8037 on order!!!

sfm6s1675

Thanks for all the opinions and advice. Went and pulled the trigger with the distributor. Have already been assigned number CSX 8037. Ordered British Racing green, black leather interior, black top. Motor specified is the Shelby Engines aluminum block 289, mated to a 5-speed Tremec. Lead time is anticipated to be 4-6 months. Plan to go out to Vegas to accept delivery when it's ready. Can't wait for the build pics to start coming in...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations. You are going to love the small block Cobra. It will be much more manageable than the 427. Having had a 427, my definition of a 289 is "enjoyable".

You will love it!!!

These are modern recreations of the originals, and while they aren't cheap,yuu are not going to fund your retirement program in less than 50 years, so PLEASE DRIVE THE SNOT OUT OF IT!!!

• 2 months later...

Found out that the car is in Shelby American's queue, will begin assembly in July. Anticipate about 60 days for the build. Shelby Engines finished the aluminum block 289 for me. Getting really excited now!

Found out that the car is in Shelby American's queue, will begin assembly in July. Anticipate about 60 days for the build. Shelby Engines finished the aluminum block 289 for me. Getting really excited now!

In which queue for what assembly? The factory in South Africa? If that's the case your wait might be longer than you think. I speak from my experience with CSX6045.

Who's doing the drivetrain installation for you? If you don't have someone lined up I recommended Tom Barnard at Speedway Classic Cars down the street from SAI.

Which dealer did you order from?

NICE.................... :happy feet:

Tom has a great setup and is right around the corner from Shelby. He spent a couple hours chatting with me at this years bash. Nice guy.

Agreed..................Tom is a great guy to work with. :rockon:

• 3 weeks later...
Engine was pretty pricey...$21,995. Not sure who will do the drive train install but will be in Vegas, my distributor set this up. Will have to ask if it's Tom at Speedway Classic Cars.

Ordered from Grant Dino at Gateway Performance in St. Louis. Great guy to work with.

Got the dyno sheet....479 hp @ 6400 rpm, 437 lb-ft torque @ 4600 rpm. Got a couple of pics...engine looks awesome, let me work on figuring out how to upload a pic and will do so!

Here is a good shot they took of the engine for me. 331 cubes, alum block & heads (AFR205).

That is on my " Dream " wish list to put in my Mustang. Sweet looking engine!

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the guys at Shelby really hauled on this car. It's about finished, less items like emblems, mirror, etc. Making arrangements for the motor and tranny to be installed now. Getting real close!

S1283-2071-Slabside-BritishRacingGreen(3).jpg

S1283-2071-Slabside-BritishRacingGreen(2).jpg

S1283-2071-Slabside-BritishRacingGreen(6).jpg

S1283-2071-Slabside-BritishRacingGreen(7).jpg

S1283-2071-Slabside-BritishRacingGreen(3).jpg

S1283-2071-Slabside-BritishRacingGreen(2).jpg

S1283-2071-Slabside-BritishRacingGreen(6).jpg

S1283-2071-Slabside-BritishRacingGreen(7).jpg

Looks great. Where is the car now?

Car should be on it's way to have the engine and tranny installed. Have a message into the distributor to find out exactly where it is and an estimated complete date.

• 3 months later...

Well here it is early November and no car yet. The engine installer apparently is way backed up. Was really hoping to have the car prior to fall/winter, but no such luck. Am hopeful that I'll hear something soon.

• 4 months later...

Well, it's been almost a year and the car was sitting waiting for the final engine and transmission install. All places my distributor knew about were booked solid so we went with Tom's Motorsports in Vegas, next to the speedway. Talked to him a few times, very knowledgeable and helpful, Almost done....at least until Tom told me the factory "forgot" to install the heater! Will take a bit longer now and obviously a lot harder to install now that the car is almost done. But check out the pics...really getting excited now.

Cobra-Mar2014_2.jpg

Cobra-Mar2014_1.jpg

Cobra-Mar2014_3.jpg

Cobra-Mar2014_4.jpg

Cobra-Mar2014_5.jpg

Cobra-Mar2014_6.jpg

Well, it's been almost a year and the car was sitting waiting for the final engine and transmission install. All places my distributor knew about were booked solid so we went with Tom's Motorsports in Vegas, next to the speedway. Talked to him a few times, very knowledgeable and helpful, Almost done....at least until Tom told me the factory "forgot" to install the heater! Will take a bit longer now and obviously a lot harder to install now that the car is almost done. But check out the pics...really getting excited now.

Very nice. I would be sooo excited.

Archived