TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So what broke yesterday on my car?

JRGT500TN

My 2012 GT500 with only 7,500 miles started having a strange clutch issue. After searches, it appears its the clutch drag issue the pre-2010's had. When I come up to lights in any gear, it's hard to pull out of gear. If I let off the brake, the car will start to roll forward, until I yank it out of whatever gear it's in. I can then, let out the clutch, and put it back into 1'st, and it's fine, until I start rolling again, and come to a stop in gear (with clutch pressed to the floor). I have always babied the car, and it is 100% stock, so I'm a little stumped on this. Please tell me Ford has fixed the issue that plagued the 2007-2009's. I might add that I was in stop and go traffic at the time I first notice the issue. I am 99% sure that's when it started, because it's pretty obvious and I would have noticed it before that point. Thoughts?

I have 8400 miles on my 2012 and have had no issues with the clutch(yet) I remember in the old days when I had a manual clutch you could adjust it, I don't know about the new cars the last car I built was a 1968 and things have changed.

Maybe air in the clutch line. Try bleeding. Actually, tell the Ford dealer to do it under warranty.

Steve

+1 Something is preventing the clutch slave unit from fully extending and air in the line, a leak, low fluid level, defective slave cylinder, defective master cylinder or a bad clutch line could cause the problem. Take it to your favorite dealer and have them repair it.

I had my clutch put in by the dealer (mcloed rxt) and it was doing the same thing. Dealer tried bleeding it and it still faded out. When I returned home I lifted the front left corner of the car and removed my brake reservoir cap and let it sit over night and that done the trick. All the air in the system went to the high point ( brake reservoir) and bled itself out overnight and no more problem. Try that and report back and let us know if it worked.

Archived