TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Raptor Debuts

The truck is getting beaten up pretty good on the Raptor Forums... It is a lot to pay for stickers... This will be a fan boy truck for the people who like the street queens. This is not for the hard core off road folks. Mark my words after the initial fan boy buyers that will be slow. There are better people offering better products for a lot less money. Why would you want a dead mans name on the vehicle who had nothing to do with it???? Shelby missed the make by going the easy way to quick profit with the SC!! What idiots---NO person runs off road in the ugy with a SC motor---again Street Queen Poser Vehicle..

The truck is getting beaten up pretty good on the Raptor Forums... It is a lot to pay for stickers... This will be a fan boy truck for the people who like the street queens. This is not for the hard core off road folks. Mark my words after the initial fan boy buyers that will be slow. There are better people offering better products for a lot less money. Why would you want a dead mans name on the vehicle who had nothing to do with it???? Shelby missed the make by going the easy way to quick profit with the SC!! What idiots---NO person runs off road in the ugy with a SC motor---again Street Queen Poser Vehicle..

Just wondering, do you feel the same way about the Roush or the Hennessey Raptors? I've helped my buddy do 4 Whipple kits on Raptors in the past few weeks. Sure seems like there are plenty of Raptor owners going the supercharger route.

I agree now that I saw what roush offers the Price is high, but to me it is a MUCH better value than the Focus package. I think they missed on the Stickers, way to much for my taste, hopefully they offer a discount for deleting them like Ford and Roush do.

That said you could have communicated that with more class, I would bet more than 80% of Raptor owners do not off-road with it so that means this package relates to more owners than not.

That said you could have communicated that with more class, I would bet more than 80% of Raptor owners do not off-road with it so that means this package relates to more owners than not.

As much as i really really REALLY want to take a flying leap in my Raptor, my back is so bad (7 surgeries, 5 levels fused) that when I hit a speed bump in a parking lot at a steep angle (and the truck suddenly 'rolls' back/forth) it kills me. Hurts like hell.

I know if I were to take it down to PMI and hit the hills I'd need a ambulance to get back home.

But I'm stubborn that way....I'm going to buy a weightlifters belt, tighten the snot out of it and hit some whoops!

Phill

Can you provide specific links to the various Raptor Forums where the discussion is?

WHY would you want Henry Ford's name OR Ferrari's or Porsche's or Chevrolet's or Daimler's name on a car when they've all been deceased for decades too? Why didn't you include your question to include their names as well? That would have made your question more complete since that's what you're asking.

With your line of reasoning, there shouldn't be a Ferrari or Ford or Chevrolet or Buick since the founder's of those companies are long gone.

Let's expand this: Why even follow the Constitution since the framers have been dead for centuries?

Edited by robertlane

Can you provide specific links to the various Raptor Forums where the discussion is?

WHY would you want Henry Ford's name OR Ferrari's or Porsche's or Chevrolet's or Daimler's name on a car when they've all been deceased for decades too? Why didn't you include your question to include their names as well? That would have made your question more complete since that's what you're asking.

With your line of reasoning, there shouldn't be a Ferrari or Ford or Chevrolet or Buick since the founder's of those companies are long gone.

Let's expand this: Why even follow the Constitution since the framers have been dead for centuries?

Robert...

that is exactly what O'Hitler has been saying.... :hysterical:

The truck is getting beaten up pretty good on the Raptor Forums... It is a lot to pay for stickers... 1 This will be a fan boy truck for the people who like the street queens. This is not for the hard core off road folks. 2 Mark my words after the initial fan boy buyers that will be slow. There are better people offering better products for a lot less money. 3 Why would you want a dead mans name on the vehicle who had nothing to do with it???? 4 Shelby missed the make by going the easy way to quick profit with the SC!! What idiots--- 5 NO person runs off road in the ugy with a SC motor---again Street Queen Poser Vehicle..

1) You obviously have not seen the Shelby Raptor or read the press release/sales flyer if you think its just stickers.

2) And neither is the Rousch or Hennessey Raptors. "Hard Core" folks will modify their trucks so that they are no longer street legal.

3) Care to expand on who these "better people" are? Shelby modified vehicles have a proven track record.

4) I didn't realize that Henry Ford was still with us. I'm pretty sure he passed in 1947 which would make him a "dead man".

5) Yup I guess Shelby American are idiots for giving the consumer what they desire. A Supercharger on a Shelby, how silly of them.

You of course are entitled to your opinion but perhaps next time you could back up your opinion with facts and not an unfounded rant that doesn't make much sense.

Steve

Why wouldn't you want you want a supercharger to go offload? 4 wheeling in the mud maybe not, but what about folks in dessert environments. I bet most raptors are owned by people that want the power and looks of a big truck and barely ever take them off road. Oh and while not the same, I have a nitrous kit on my banshee quad that only gets used in the woods and snowy roads.

I am happy that Shelby has come out with so many cool rides lately. In 3 years when the Boss is paid for I plan on buying a new truck this would work well for my needs. Never know when I might get stuck in the snow and need the power of a supercharger to get me out......

I am waiting for the day when Shelby comes out with a dedicated road course Mustang. Ideally priced around the $75 to $85K I think this would be a huge seller.

1) You obviously have not seen the Shelby Raptor or read the press release/sales flyer if you think its just stickers.

2) And neither is the Rousch or Hennessey Raptors. "Hard Core" folks will modify their trucks so that they are no longer street legal.

3) Care to expand on who these "better people" are? Shelby modified vehicles have a proven track record.

4) I didn't realize that Henry Ford was still with us. I'm pretty sure he passed in 1947 which would make him a "dead man".

5) Yup I guess Shelby American are idiots for giving the consumer what they desire. A Supercharger on a Shelby, how silly of them.

You of course are entitled to your opinion but perhaps next time you could back up your opinion with facts and not an unfounded rant that doesn't make much sense.

Steve

1) You obviously have not seen the Shelby Raptor or read the press release/sales flyer if you think its just stickers. Well yes I did---some bling, SC and stickers. For example the frame issue---Ford did do some mods in the 2013 but still need bump stop kits, touted suspension of the Shelby Team would have been GREAT but no you went cheap, mine has the National HD rear springs---handles more like a sports car now and NO axle hop--lots of other things I could go into but you are in a little over your head. Leave the off road to the off road guys---the Shelby Raptor crowd will be street queens and mall cruisers.

2) And neither is the Rousch or Hennessey Raptors. "Hard Core" folks will modify their trucks so that they are no longer street legal. -------- I am not talking about full blown trophy trucks here take a SC motor to the ugly country where I go it will not last very long sorry just a fact.

3) Care to expand on who these "better people" are? Shelby modified vehicles have a proven track record. In a word---RPG just as an example---look them up....

4) I didn't realize that Henry Ford was still with us. I'm pretty sure he passed in 1947 which would make him a "dead man". Shelby is not Ford he is a HP guy who did like to make a buck but the Raptor is not a street queen Shelby would have wanted a improvement in performance but you have a good point-----most will never see the dirt.

5) Yup I guess Shelby American are idiots for giving the consumer what they desire. A Supercharger on a Shelby, how silly of them. Well what Shelby offers cheapens the Raptor---how---nothing different from the others that have been out for years but stickers and some bling. Shelby could have really made a great product but chose to take the easy path---if it was well thought out and planned for function not just profit I would be the FIRST in line... shelby_dak_1.jpg

Edited by Boss Hoss 540

Robert...

that is exactly what O'Hitler has been saying.... :hysterical:

:hysterical2: :hysterical2:

Politics aside, I think its a good looking truck. The SC is a great add.

Too bad the Raptors don't tow very well. Guess you can't have it all.

Well done SA. Great truck.

Well this truck is like anything else in Ford land. You want a mod-tuner shop to do your upgrades, fine, you want Shelby to do it, fine. The difference is the cost and the other factors you may or may not agree with is worth the money. That's the great thing about America, for now at least, you have a choice. Make the choice, nobody has to agree with you, it's you money and your choice.

shelby_dak_1.jpg

Awesome photo of the 1989 Shelby Dakota truck. The FIRST mid-size truck to offer a V-8 engine. The fastest truck built in 1989, actually the fastest truck built up to then since the 1978-79 Lil Red Express.

Shelby American leading the way as usual which just happened to have prompted the competition to come out with the Chevy 454ss, GMC Syclone and the Ford Lightning.

Steve

Shelby-Raptor-cockpit-1.jpg

Does anybody know, or will anybody say what the "Vent-mounted Gauges" consist of?

It looks like they're going to use the center vents vs. the side vent so I'm ASSUMING there are two (see pic of ONE)?

Phill

SHELBY AMERICAN DELIVERS BIG POWER IN A BIG PACKAGE, UNVEILING THE ULTIMATE MUSCLE TRUCK AT NEW YORK AUTO SHOW

80231x-1.jpg

When you purchase the Shelby Wheel package, is it wheels AND tires (appears so in the brochure) or just the wheels?

Do you get to keep your take-off wheels like you *used* to be able to do on a Super Snake upfit or does one need to go find a set of junk wheels to stick on the truck before taking it to Shelby American?

$3399 isn't bad if it's Wheels & Tires......sans take-offs (core charge).

EDIT: Is the rear window SHELBY banner part of the kit?

Phill

Edited by 2010KonaBlueGT

Does anybody know, or will anybody say what the "Vent-mounted Gauges" consist of?

It looks like they're going to use the center vents vs. the side vent so I'm ASSUMING there are two (see pic of ONE)?

Phill

Boost and fuel pressure

When you purchase the Shelby Wheel package, is it wheels AND tires (appears so in the brochure) or just the wheels?

Do you get to keep your take-off wheels like you *used* to be able to do on a Super Snake upfit or does one need to go find a set of junk wheels to stick on the truck before taking it to Shelby American?

$3399 isn't bad if it's Wheels & Tires......sans take-offs (core charge).

EDIT: Is the rear window SHELBY banner part of the kit?

Phill

Sad, but I got answers to some of my questions on the Ford Raptor Forum, not the Team Shelby forum....

You do get wheels AND tires. BFG's according to a couple of guys on FRF.

Shelby keeps your take-off parts so the wheels and tires end up costing you considerably more than $3399.00. You can't sell your OEM wheels/tires to help offset the cost and you lose any mileage you had left on the OE tires, which could be considerable if you have a new or newer Raptor.

Unlike the Roush counterpart, you void your drive-train warranty with this package which is why I personally suspect the lower horsepower rating (so customers don't go out there, blow up their engines then bitch at Shelby for it).

Still no word on the rear window banner but I appear to be the minority in liking it.

Phill