TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ouch!

Gibraltar

Thanks!

The wife and I were headed home from dinner with another couple. The other car ran a light.

Everybody’s banged and bruised, but no serious injuries.

If they don’t total it, I’m not sure I want it back…

Thanks!

The wife and I were headed home from dinner with another couple. The other car ran a light.

I was wondering who was at fault. This is why I'm so scared to drive mine too much, you never know what's around the corner....

again I'll say good luck.

Mine was my daily driver with about 22k miles in just over a year. Accident happened Saturday night. I'm going to take my first look in daylight today :(

Good luck and hang in there. Mine is a daily driver also and had a guy run a redlight last October and impacted the front of my 2011 Shelby GT-500. I was by myself and the side and driver's airbags deployed. It stunned me initially as I wasn't sure what happened but my Sync called 911 for me and they were there before I could get out of the car.

I was pretty devastated by the accident (I was okay but my Shelby wasn't). Fortunately, I had a good Mustang buddy who was an estimator for the local Ford Dealership's body shop and he took good care of my baby. Ended up being nearly $22K in damages. Any and everything that was damaged was replaced. Took about six weeks and they did an outstanding job. It looks, runs, and drives the same as before the accident. I've run it up to the redline in 4th and it was rock steady. Finding a good repair/bodyshop (in my case it was the dealership where I bought the car) is the key and you'll never know the difference. Good luck.

1WDH_0324 (1024x577).jpg

1WDH_0324 (1024x577).jpg

Thanks!

Glad to hear no serious injuries.

Unless you're emotionally attached to the car, I wouldn't want it back if it was me. Push for a replacement from the insurance company.

Steve

Glad to hear no serious injuries.

Unless you're emotionally attached to the car, I wouldn't want it back if it was me. Push for a replacement from the insurance company.

Steve

For it to be a total loss, the cost of repairs would have to be usually between 75 and 85 percent, of the vehicle's value, depending on your insurance company. For a newer vehicle that's difficult to reach cost wise, emotionally is a different thing. However, most insurance companies are not emotional. Depending on who and where the work is done, they can do wonders now days.

Thanks for all the support.

I think everybody will be ok in time. We’re all nursing bumps, bruises, sore necks, backs and my wife’s got a strained forearm.

I really do love the car, but if it isn’t going to be right I just wouldn’t want it back.

The body shop and insurance company have agreed that if the floor or firewall is buckled or bent, they will not fix the car. They’re tearing into it today and might know something tomorrow. If the floor and firewall are ok, then it’s a value decision if the repairs will be 80% of the value.

The other driver’s insurance adjustor estimated her speed at 50 mph in a 35

I think everybody will be ok in time. We’re all nursing bumps, bruises, sore necks, backs and my wife’s got a strained forearm.

I really do love the car, but if it isn’t going to be right I just wouldn’t want it back.

The body shop and insurance company have agreed that if the floor or firewall is buckled or bent, they will not fix the car. They’re tearing into it today and might know something tomorrow. If the floor and firewall are ok, then it’s a value decision if the repairs will be 80% of the value.

Wow! That thing held up pretty good considering a side hit going 50 mph. I guess they really are "Ford Built Tough". Glad you guys are okay.

Wow! That thing held up pretty good considering a side hit going 50 mph. I guess they really are "Ford Built Tough". Glad you guys are okay.

Yeah, we're real glad we were driving a big heavy Ford. The other driver was in a Toyota Yaris, believe it or not. Here's a look in the daylight:post-35440-0-87112600-1364571295_thumb.jpg

post-35440-0-87112600-1364571295_thumb.jpg

Yeah, we're real glad we were driving a big heavy Ford. The other driver was in a Toyota Yaris, believe it or not. Here's a look in the daylight:post-35440-0-87112600-1364571295_thumb.jpg

Looks like you might get lucky, the big hit was mostly above the bottom rail so hopefully the frame is straight. I dont think insurance will total it out, but the repair should be fine.

And as long as there were no serious injuries, consider yourself lucky. We all love our Shelbys, but in truth, its a hunk of metal that can be repaired or replaced. Best of luck Gib!

That is only a guideline, nothing is etched into stone. Insurance companies can and will total a car at less than 80% of value, it all comes down to how much you pressure them that the car will never be right and will have diminished value if repaired. Don't forget that you as the innocent party have the upper hand here.

Steve

i totlaed my wifes vette 2 weeks ag0-they figured 22K to fix it, then 10K diminished value,which was more than 70% of the value, so they totalled it==KBB was 32K, and they gave me a check for 40K--hey used NADA values

i totlaed my wifes vette 2 weeks ag0-they figured 22K to fix it, then 10K diminished value,which was more than 70% of the value, so they totalled it==KBB was 32K, and they gave me a check for 40K--hey used NADA values

Sorry to hear about your wifes vette..........hope no one was injured.

If something happens to mine, I don't think I'd want it back either. Sorry about the accident. Hurts more looking at it in the daytime. It's really good the your wife is ok and so was everyone else. Good luck.

So the latest on mine is that it'll take $15,000 and 6 weeks, but they're gonna fix it. I'm told the cost is likely to go up as they get further into it, but that the floor is intact so it can be fixed. Now that they've taken the door off and the interior out, I'll go have another look before they get started.

I was side swipe and hit a guard rail...as long as the frame is straight the door and damage you have will be replace by new panels. That is what they are doing to mine. My entire right side was on the guard rail.

So the latest on mine is that it'll take $15,000 and 6 weeks, but they're gonna fix it. I'm told the cost is likely to go up as they get further into it, but that the floor is intact so it can be fixed. Now that they've taken the door off and the interior out, I'll go have another look before they get started.

I'm sure it'll look good when you get it back. But I know what you mean by not wanting it back. I don't think I would either. Get it back and trade it in.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived