TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 Helmet

You're welcome, they are awesome!

How is the fitment?

Size comparison to other helmets, is it the same?

I want to order one in a bad way but with no returns, I'm hesitant.

I have a BIG head but that's not so much the problem. My problem is, my head is "longer" than wider (think of a egg laying on its side) so a simple circumfrence measurement doesn't really tell the story. I had to try on a few different helmets before I found one that fit me right for my MC helmet.

Anything to compare it with? I'm trying to find a G-Force seller where I can go in and try on various sizes.

Phill

How is the fitment?

Size comparison to other helmets, is it the same?

I want to order one in a bad way but with no returns, I'm hesitant.

I have a BIG head but that's not so much the problem. My problem is, my head is "longer" than wider (think of a egg laying on its side) so a simple circumfrence measurement doesn't really tell the story. I had to try on a few different helmets before I found one that fit me right for my MC helmet.

Anything to compare it with? I'm trying to find a G-Force seller where I can go in and try on various sizes.

Phill

I've got samples in stock, Phill. Stop by, we'll let you try them on.

Jer

I've got samples in stock, Phill. Stop by, we'll let you try them on.

Jer

Yeah, that is a plan. And which is why I asked if you'd have them in the store.

Only problem is, I'm not sure when my next trip to Cali will be. We were doing it about every 3-mos but have started putting way more time in between. We went out for Christmas, 2 months before Christmas and about 2 months before that. I know my wife mentioned going out there for something.

We have custody of our 15 year old Grandson now so with his school schedule and all, we can't just pick up and go whenever we feel like it (I'm a parent again at 57!). It had to be done (long story).

I'll look in my motorcycle (HJC) helmet and see what size it is then post it here to see if anyone else with a huge egg head bought a Shelby G-Force to compare what size to go with.

I figure that with the matching Shelby helmet, jacket and shoes (gloves would be a nice touch, Jer....HINT HINT!), I won't be the fastest out there but I'll be the best looking! <lol>

Phill

I figure that with the matching Shelby helmet, jacket and shoes (gloves would be a nice touch, Jer....HINT HINT!), I won't be the fastest out there but I'll be the best looking! <lol>

Phill

Looking good is right next to racing good in my mind...... :rockon:

What these helmets are available to buy

ok I found the helmets but WHY is the choice Black or White when so many of us have Blue, Red, and Dark Charcoal colors.

My 2008 GT/SC is Vista Blue w/ Silver stripes so no way a Black or White helmet going to match? I have one painted Vista Blue but no graphics like these have. Wish you had the Snake emblems available for the helmets

My 2013 GT350 Conv. is just that a Convertible so why not have the colors available for the helmets

ok I found the helmets but WHY is the choice Black or White when so many of us have Blue, Red, and Dark Charcoal colors.

My 2008 GT/SC is Vista Blue w/ Silver stripes so no way a Black or White helmet going to match? I have one painted Vista Blue but no graphics like these have. Wish you had the Snake emblems available for the helmets

My 2013 GT350 Conv. is just that a Convertible so why not have the colors available for the helmets

The price would be unreasonable, unfortunately.

Jer

By using the item description foom the SPP site (SA2010 Rated, Z38 fiberglass, carbon and kevlar composite blend, etc. etc. etc) I have determined that the Shelby helmets are the G-force Pro Eliminator model;

http://www.gforce.com/products/helmets/3023.php

They are only made in White, Black and Matte Black which is why they are only offered in White or Black. Otherwise, the entire helmet would need to be painted to change color and that wouldn't be cheap (see below).

There are also accessories made for the G-force Pro Eliminator such as visors and helmet bags, as shown on the G-force site (see Products>Helmet Accessories; http://www.gforce.com/products/helmetacc.php)

G-force shows a MSRP of $279.99 for the bare helmet so in essence you are paying $120.oo to have Shelby add the paint or vinyl stripes (unknown which and not listed on the SPP site), logos and Shelby stickers on the visor and forehead of the helmet.

That's NOT that bad considering what I've seen helmet painters charge ($1500 and up) for a full custom paint job, and that's not including the helmet.

HTH,

Phill

Visors: http://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=GFR-VISOR

And the helmet model number is shown on that page, too. You could have saved the research time, Phill! :hysterical:

Jer

Here is a picture of my new one.

That is sweet. Wish they would make the GT500 helmet in different colors. Vista Blue and White Stripes... I'd buy one in a second.

And the helmet model number is shown on that page, too. You could have saved the research time, Phill! :hysterical:

What "research" time???

I went to the G-force site (gforce.com), clicked on helmets, looked in the SA2010 section and saw which one had the same composite shell (with only the first two being choices, by appearance).

That took all of about 30 seconds...After asking a number of times what model it is without getting a answer. :tease:

Phill

The price would be unreasonable, unfortunately.

Jer

Why would the cost be unreasonable as you are already painting the body kit and other addon parts in the same body color anyway so you already have the paint...

By using the item description foom the SPP site (SA2010 Rated, Z38 fiberglass, carbon and kevlar composite blend, etc. etc. etc) I have determined that the Shelby helmets are the G-force Pro Eliminator model;

http://www.gforce.co...elmets/3023.php

They are only made in White, Black and Matte Black which is why they are only offered in White or Black. Otherwise, the entire helmet would need to be painted to change color and that wouldn't be cheap (see below).

There are also accessories made for the G-force Pro Eliminator such as visors and helmet bags, as shown on the G-force site (see Products>Helmet Accessories; http://www.gforce.co...s/helmetacc.php)

G-force shows a MSRP of $279.99 for the bare helmet so in essence you are paying $120.oo to have Shelby add the paint or vinyl stripes (unknown which and not listed on the SPP site), logos and Shelby stickers on the visor and forehead of the helmet.

That's NOT that bad considering what I've seen helmet painters charge ($1500 and up) for a full custom paint job, and that's not including the helmet.

HTH,

Phill

I bought this exact helmet they are offering 3 years ago in White and had it painted Vista Blue cost me $100... I been thinking of having someone paint custom graphics but I like the GT/SC or GT350 wrap around graphics

I bought this exact helmet they are offering 3 years ago in White and had it painted Vista Blue cost me $100... I been thinking of having someone paint custom graphics but I like the GT/SC or GT350 wrap around graphics

If you have a good painter, that could easily be painted on. You've already done the shell base color so you're money ahead.

Phill

If you have a good painter, that could easily be painted on. You've already done the shell base color so you're money ahead.

Phill

except one problem I have with current helmet is large doesn't always mean it fits everyone so if a new helmet comes in larger sizes I would get it. When I was 13 and playing Football my helmet size at that age 7 3/4 thats a big head and heads don't shrink so its just a wee bit bigger

Archived