TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Laguna Seca in hot pursuit if the Shelby Focus at Shelby Bash

mherman2

34 psi hot Hancook V12's. Of all the video from 2 days that one turn chasing the focus had the most screaching, I think I wanted to catch him badly:) For Street/Track tires the V12's were a great compromise for the weekend without having to hall the 18" race setup we have. Next time I will bring them:)

Mike

34 psi hot Hancook V12's. Of all the video from 2 days that one turn chasing the focus had the most screaching, I think I wanted to catch him badly:) For Street/Track tires the V12's were a great compromise for the weekend without having to hall the 18" race setup we have. Next time I will bring them:)

Mike

I had to laugh reading the above post because I think we have all pushed our tires on occasion when we were determined to catch another car. And amen to trying to find a happy midpoint between street tires and track tires when you can't haul all the racing stuff to the track. I just need a man servant to drive my van that holds the race stuff. :lol:

Jim

I had to laugh reading the above post because I think we have all pushed our tires on occasion when we were determined to catch another car. And amen to trying to find a happy midpoint between street tires and track tires when you can't haul all the racing stuff to the track. I just need a man servant to drive my van that holds the race stuff. :lol:

Jim

By the way Jim, there were 5-7 cars in the race group...

Mike

I run my Hankooks on both my cars at 38 cold / 44 hot. No back talk from them at all.

I run my Hankooks on both my cars at 38 cold / 44 hot. No back talk from them at all.

Yep, I agree, if I run any street tire on a course I always start at 38-40. Usually come in around 45 and then I drop them back down. I did this on the rental car this weekend and the tires were ok at best for what they were, but did not howl. Most street tires below 35 will start to curl over the edges which is what starts making them scream for mercy. If the tires are really new with tons of tread, being too low on psi will also make the tread to start throwing off sometimes. Most street tires are happier on a road course around 40. Spring Mountain was a blast again. However, I had much more fun with the V6 rental last year on race tires then I had in the 5.0 rental this year on street tires. Thing was very pigish. It pushed, squatted, brakes were horrible. I only ran a few sessions because I knew if I kept pushing it that I would end up using the insurance. :hysterical2: There were a few times where the brake pedal went to the floor which was no fun at all. Motor remained cool the entire time, but the brakes and suspension were awful on the GT. The V6 was actually a much better balanced car on the track stock for stock.

I started at 38 and had a lot of under-steer. I checked in with Kendall who I bought the car from and he use to run it at Spring Mtn quite a bit. Then his friend who is a member there rolled up in the pits when he recognized the car. The both said 34psi hot on the v-12's. I tried it and it and it was a lot better. I'll try the 40-41psi too, play around with it. I do have the 18" rims with race tires on them for next year, just need to get them there:)

Mike

Archived