TEAM SHELBY FORUM

grill bezel for brake cooling kit

frazierfreud

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to get replacement hoses? mine are pretty baked..

I just installed the SPP duct kit. I noticed the hose was a Ford part labeled "defroster hose", so can probably get it through any Ford parts supplier.

Is it possible to get replacement hoses? mine are pretty baked..

Another place to look is Pegasus Auto Racing Supply. They have both neoprene (black) and hi temp silicone (orange) in 2 1/2" and 3".

Here's a link if you are interested.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=AIRHOSE

Mark

• 1 month later...

Another place to look is Pegasus Auto Racing Supply. They have both neoprene (black) and hi temp silicone (orange) in 2 1/2" and 3".Here's a link if you are interested.https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=AIRHOSEMark

I just had to replace my original black duct hose so i went with the Pegasus high temp orange hose. For anyone doing this mod I'd recommend throwing away the black defroster hose that comes with the kit and just use the Pegasus duct hose from the start because the difference in quality and durability is well worth the cost. The new hose should last forever unless something rips it loose.

I just had to replace my original black duct hose so i went with the Pegasus high temp orange hose. For anyone doing this mod I'd recommend throwing away the black defroster hose that comes with the kit and just use the Pegasus duct hose from the start because the difference in quality and durability is well worth the cost. The new hose should last forever unless something rips it loose.

The Pegasus hose looks identical to the hose that Ford supplies with their brake duct kit for the BOSS 302. Glad you're happy with it.

Mark

The Pegasus hose looks identical to the hose that Ford supplies with their brake duct kit for the BOSS 302. Glad you're happy with it.

Mark

The hose that came with my SPP kit was labeled "defroster hose" with a Ford p/n. Clearly the OEM defroster hose is not made to take the heat and constant flexing of the front suspension and mine was starting to come apart. The new hose is fiberglass reinforced silicone with a spring steel coil - looks like its made to take some abuse.

The kits that SPP and several other companies sell are very different than the Ford Racing BOSS 302 kits. FRP supplies a double wall, high temp orange silicone, 3" hose with their kits that is definitely not defroster hose . Like you said with the Pegasus hose, it's good stuff and looks like it will take a lot of abuse.

Mark

Archived