TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car chasers shelby GT. .?

girth

I was watching car chasers tue night (10 pm cnbc prime) & they sold what they said was a rare black 2007 Shelby gt that was one of only 4 automatics made. The trouble was it had a cs hood, razor wheels, gt500 rear spoiler, cs side strips as well as a cs grill. The car did not have a cs front end and side scoops. They were the same as a Shelby gt. Does any one have info on this car? They also. Opened the show with a customer driving what was claimed to be a ford gt 40, but it had no roof! Is this show a complete fantasy ?

We at SPP have been working with CNBC on this show. I'll look into that episode and reply back.

Jer

Opened the show with a customer driving what was claimed to be a ford gt 40, but it had no roof! Is this show a complete fantasy ?

There are two possibilities for the GT40:

1. It was the Steve McQueen car that had its top cut off for the the camera car for the filming of LeMans (or was it Grand Prix?) The car was restored (top put back) and recently sold for $11M.

2. It was a new generation Ford GT modified as a GTX1

I didn't see the show so don't know...

There are two possibilities for the GT40:

1. It was the Steve McQueen car that had its top cut off for the the camera car for the filming of LeMans (or was it Grand Prix?) The car was restored (top put back) and recently sold for $11M.

2. It was a new generation Ford GT modified as a GTX1 BINGO!

I didn't see the show so don't know...

I was watching car chasers tue night (10 pm cnbc prime) & they sold what they said was a rare black 2007 Shelby gt that was one of only 4 automatics made. The trouble was it had a cs hood, razor wheels, gt500 rear spoiler, cs side strips as well as a cs grill. The car did not have a cs front end and side scoops. They were the same as a Shelby gt. Does any one have info on this car? They also. Opened the show with a customer driving what was claimed to be a ford gt 40, but it had no roof! Is this show a complete fantasy ?

I think it was a CS8...... Not a Shelby GT.

Please correct me if I'm wrong (I hate that I'm a little ignorate about the CS), but I don’t think 'Shelby America' produced any of the CS6 or CS8. Although very cool, the CS line was done by authorized dealers or sold as a kit for owner installation.

When I first saw the 'Shelby' on the show I immediately thought it was a CS6 or CS8. However the brakes were standard not upgraded,the side scopes were from a GT not a CS , the front facia was from a Shelby gt or gt h. It also did not have the wing rear spoiler the CS is supposed to have. But the tell tale sign I think it is not a Shelby but a clone, is it had no powered by ford badges.

As for the ford gt. Or gt40, the host said the customer just drove 350 miles in a $300,000 car.

Its caught a few times in this clip. Cannot tell for certain what it is, but it has the SGT/Cali Special front facia, the GTH deep draw hood, CS8 Grille with lights, and the CS side stripe. If I had to guess, its a CS6/8 with collision repairs.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100588723

And yes, the Ford GT is a GTX1.

I caught this show also. They said it was a 2007 Shelby GT. Not a GT 500 or anything else. As soon as they said it was 1 of 4 automatics (I must have 1 of 4 also), I started laughing. There is no way this is a 07SGT. The buyer supposedly buys and ships cars overseas, and is on his way to doing $1 million this year in sales. The final sale price was $24K (about right for the current KBB value of a 07SGT).

I'm thinking the buyer just got "hosed" on a fake. You would think a "real" buyer/seller would have at least brought up some facts like the CSM # and documentation. Or maybe have the camera capture the CSM Plate.

IMHO: This is probably just another faked-reality show.

IMHO: This is probably just another faked-reality show.

+10000!

These guys are in Lubbock. While there is plenty of money there the place is far from a hot bed of collector car activity. From what little I've seen of these guys they are not what I would call 'knowledgable'.

CNBC has been posting articles with these guys giving 'valuable' car care advice that is laughable at best.

Archived