TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why you should not leave car shows early!

GTH064

I had the pleasure of entering my GTS into my 1st car show here in Southern Florida over the weekend at the 2013 Autogeek Detailfest. As noted in a previous post I met, conversed, took pictures with and got autographs with car celebrities Wayne Carini, Dennis Gage and Barry Mequiar and got to see about 200 fascinating cars. It just so happened that it had been cool here the last few weeks here but was really hot on Saturday (87 degrees) and I was exhausted so I left. I was surprised to receive a call today from a representative of Autogeek informing me that my GTS took 2nd place in the stock category. Not bad at all for my v6. I was also inindated with lots of questions from attendees and judges as to what a GTS was and if it even came from Shelby, Las Vegas. Even Mr. Carini himself asked me "what do you have here", lol. I also had a few non believers making comments that the car was a "clone". Well needless to say I informed and impressed a lot of people about what our GTS was about! Had a great time but regret leaving early and not receiving my trophy from one of these very impressive car people. So enjoy your GTS, show it off and be proud of it!

photo m1.JPG

photo m3.JPG

photo m2.JPG

photo m1.JPG

photo m3.JPG

photo m2.JPG

Good work and congratulations! One of these days maybe ill get a trophy for my Shelby GT...maybe I haven't because too many think its a clone?? LOL

Congrats!! I too was in a show this weekend, however I walked away empty handed, lol. I got the second most votes for peoples choice, but failed to rate in the top four for my class whic was about 7 deep! Everyone I talked to expected me to win the class and was blown away that I didn't place. Somehow, a truck won first in our car class instead of in a truck class, so who knows, lol. Oh well, I still had fun spreding the Shelby and GTS gospel just like you did!

You guys keep spreading the GTS and SGT love, the people will catch on!

Thanks,

Jer

Archived