TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American to Take the "Unbeaten Path" While Repeating History at 2013 New York Auto Show

Guest staff2

Guest staff2

Shelby American to Take the "Unbeaten Path" While Repeating History at New York Auto Show

80185.jpg

WHO: Shelby American, Inc.

WHAT: Don’t miss the excitement during the Shelby American press conference on Thursday at the New York International Auto Show as the company unveils its latest high performance projects.

WHEN: Thursday, March 28, 1:40 p.m. EDT

WHERE: Shelby American Booth # CP12

Jacob K. Javits Convention Center

655 West 34th Street

New York, 10001

SIGNIFICANCE: Be a part of history when Shelby American reveals its 1,200 HP Shelby 1000 as well as another unstoppable high performance machine that’s not based off of the Mustang platform.

COMMENTS: For media inquiries, please contact Scott Black, www.TPRM.com, SBlack@TPRM.com, 214-566-6458

Whats the point though... you can't use this on the street so why build it? I don't own anything with a 6-banger but you'd be better off bringing the Terlingua package back on the current model

Whats the point though... you can't use this on the street so why build it? I don't own anything with a 6-banger but you'd be better off bringing the Terlingua package back on the current model

+1000

Why build something that only a handfull of people can afford when you can build something that the masses can afford (and want).

+1000

Why build something that only a handfull of people can afford when you can build something that the masses can afford (and want).

Why wouldn't Shelby want to build the highest HP, street legal Mustang? :headscratch:

And yes fairly certain it is street legal. Unlike last years 1050 HP Shelby 1000.

"Unbeaten Path" - do I smell a Shelby Raptor in the works???

Yea, may be a couple clues in that release. "Unbeaten Path" and "Unstoppable High Performance Machine". Makes sense to me. Other than another product that is just not in my budget for some time. Come on Powerball!!! :hysterical2:

Certainly interested to see what this other car is!!!!! They wouldn't even give us any sort of clue last weekend at the Bash. Very interesting! :lurk:

big surprise~ :hysterical:

Im still trying to figure out how they are taking the "unbeaten path" by "repeating history"...........seems like a contradiction....:shrug:

Ran into GP at the Memphis BBQ place on Sunday and we poked him for more info using the "we are a big Shelby family and families dont keep secrets! lol" He mentioned big, and also said affordable when asked(although that can be interpreted differently! ) I would say truck or SUV as to my guess.

As far as the 1000, why not!

I am a little surprised at the "hint" wording of the announcement. It seems like just posting the time of the announcement would excite most Shelby followers- Unless it is a misdirection hint...always possible I guess.

This is why when my wife asks me for a hint on presents, I tell her "Okay, its wrapped". Maybe I should tell her "its a new Vacuum" every time she asks. (or I could give it in hint form- "It can suck the hair off a dog, and the only time I have to hear from it is when its turned on") :rockon:

Ford has built 3 track only Mustang based cars: Cobra Jet, Boss 302 S and Boss 302 R.

Why shouldn't Shelby throw its hat into this ring.

As for affordability, I am sure they will sell enough of them. At 150+K, I am sure they would turn a pretty good profit on each unit.

Did someone say something about Power Ball??

Need to get some of those tickets.

Ford has built 3 track only Mustang based cars: Cobra Jet, Boss 302 S and Boss 302 R.

Why shouldn't Shelby throw its hat into this ring.

As for affordability, I am sure they will sell enough of them. At 150+K, I am sure they would turn a pretty good profit on each unit.

Did someone say something about Power Ball??

Need to get some of those tickets.

Don't forget the FR500S Mustang Challenge, FR500C 5.0 Cammer, and the one FR500GT.

Yep, Powerball! :)

Gary Davis told that little girl at the banquet Saturday that he would build her a pink Shelby.

Hot neon pink would definitely be the fastest color out there.

Knowing how much Gary hates painting, he must have really liked her, or really drunk! LOL

I guess on being stage in the hot seat for the Q & A session did the trick.

Although the little voice with the request was adorable.

I am sure her parents are very proud and can't wait to get her that pink Shelby. :)

That was a cool moment. We all thought it was adorable.

Jer

big surprise~ :hysterical:

Im still trying to figure out how they are taking the "unbeaten path" by "repeating history"...........seems like a contradiction.... :shrug:

It will all make sense soon.

Jer

When is the reveal? Or, did I miss that part of the story?

May be a truck, but a Raptor is far from affordable. It's also a fairly limited production. Not many opportunities business. I would have figured the SS F150 would have been a success for Shelby, so I'll be interested to see if that's the path they go down again.

I was figuring on a Shelby Fiesta or a lessor packaged Focus.

May be a truck, but a Raptor is far from affordable. It's also a fairly limited production. Not many opportunities business. I would have figured the SS F150 would have been a success for Shelby, so I'll be interested to see if that's the path they go down again.

I was figuring on a Shelby Fiesta or a lessor packaged Focus.

Post #1

WHEN: Thursday, March 28, 1:40 p.m. EDT

Hopefully they are doing the same thing they are doing with the mustangs.

V-6 F150 = GTS

V-8 F150 = GTS/GT350

Raptor = SS/KR

That's how I would have done it.

Archived