TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What tire size are you guys using ?

lemarin

I'm thinking about upgrading my OEM Goodyears Eagle F1 Supercar to Michelin Pilot Supersport summer tires. I love those Michelin as I drive them already on my S4 and my Golf R. I'm now wondering what size I should buy, since I'd like to use wider tires, especially at the back.

Any idea ?

For the front, using 285/35R19 instead of the 265/40R19 gives 1.8% of difference

For the rear, using 305/30R20 instead of the 285/35R20 gives 2.3% of difference.

is it too much ?

Agree, 275 and 295 are the top end of size Ive heard being successful on the stock rims, any more is pushing it and would need rims wider than 9.5"

After looking at the Supersport specs, they recommend for 305/30R20 rims, between 10.5 and 11.5" wide. So the best, would be to find a set of Alcoa 20" wheels, and even there, 10" wide is still shy a bit....

After looking at the Supersport specs, they recommend for 305/30R20 rims, between 10.5 and 11.5" wide. So the best, would be to find a set of Alcoa 20" wheels, and even there, 10" wide is still shy a bit....

Everyone who has used 295s knows the Michelin rim width recommendations and since the MPSS tires are a bit more narrow towards the tread, there has been no issues at all on the rears 295/35/20.

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17670