TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H banner question. Is this real?

Hi all,

this banner is listed on ebay and the claim is that it was hung behind the rental counters of Hertz dealerships during 2006. Does anyone know it this is true and if these banners where actually behind the Hertz rental desks?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-SHELBY-HERTZ-GT-H-MUSTANG-RENTAL-AGENCY-SHOWROOM-BANNER-/370780902204?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item565443933c

Thanks

QSS

No it is not. Just like the other GTH banner being sold on ebay, fakes.

Steve

Dammit, I knew I should have asked the question before I bought one.

Or you could always purchase GTH banners from Shelby Performance Parts.

http://www.shelbysto...z8-sh208gth.htm

http://www.shelbysto...8-sh208gth2.htm

Steve

I have both these banners, they are matt finish and very nice.

QSS

not a banner, but I did find a sign at my local Ford dealer about 3 years ago that was a dealer promotion. Pic of GT-H and MotorCraft Oil. Friend of mine who was service mgr at the time did some research and was able to order one (for the dealership) which I bought....it's somewhere around here still new and in the box. Bought it for the mancave but the cave is still being excuvated and I have stuff stored everywhere thru the house, rafters, garages.....lol

Or you could always purchase GTH banners from Shelby Performance Parts.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/z8-sh208gth.htm

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/z8-sh208gth2.htm

Steve

Steve these are in stock? The last time I checked they were ALL sold out and not producing anymore. I will check again tomorrow though.

Thanks for the heads up.

Well the fake banner on ebay sold for over $700.00. I quess it pays more to sell fakes than the real thing.

Whaaaaat !!!!!!! $700....... are you kidding me, I paid $166 for the one I bought.

Back out of the transaction. Leave the seller negative feedback

I thought about that but I like the banner and although I probably paid too much for this banner, I like it. Oh well, you know what they say about a fool and his money :spend:

Reminds me of the laminated rental checklists! Even if there were such a thing how would you know it was the real deal and not a repro?

I remember seeing these.... Hey I didn't buy one of these so I have some sort of redemption. :sing_rain:

QSS

if you know anyone who gas a sign company anything can be made for pennies on the dollar. WOW $700. just crazy nuts.

and i am sure your local company can produce you one better quality and better price. just venting on you guys LOL

and i join the one who quotes " a f__l and his money are soon depated..." Happy Hunting......

just saying anyone wanting to part with the MPH magazine or the GT-H book.. i am a fool who will spend a reasonalble amount on either of those

two items........ LOL

I also bought one of these banners and they look great - well worth the $135 I paid. I asked the seller where he got them from and he said his uncle was a district manager for Hertz in Florida, and he took them down at each location and kept them after the 2006s were off the rental fleet. I guess it is up for debate as to if they are genuine, but they are very large and look great.

As for the checklists - I can verify that they were used. A good friend of mine rented a 2006 GT-H in Maui and kept a copy of his paperwork including the completed checklist after his rental return. The manager apparently handled the inspection of the car both before and after the car was returned, and all of the Hertz specific items were listed and checked off as being there. He wanted to keep the paperwork for sentimental reasons, so I don't have the originals, however he did loan me his documents and I made some copies.

and i join the one who quotes " a f__l and his money are soon depated..." Happy Hunting......

just saying anyone wanting to part with the MPH magazine or the GT-H book.. i am a fool who will spend a reasonalble amount on either of those

two items........ LOL

It's ok bro....... I know your addiction and your pain.......... keep looking and you shall be rewarded.

You can take our lives but you can't take our FREEEEEEDOOOOMMMM.......... ahhhhhh what the he!! am I talking about........... GT-H stuff is cool, I am glad I am not the only one out there with this problem.

It's late.... a couple too many here in Vegas and gene64cobra is speaking my language....... so cheers to you :party:

QSS :runaway:

I also bought one of these banners and they look great - well worth the $135 I paid. I asked the seller where he got them from and he said his uncle was a district manager for Hertz in Florida, and he took them down at each location and kept them after the 2006s were off the rental fleet. I guess it is up for debate as to if they are genuine, but they are very large and look great.

Cool,...... or should I say Saaaweeet. Anyway, I can't wait to see mine when it arrives.

QSS

Steve these are in stock? The last time I checked they were ALL sold out and not producing anymore. I will check again tomorrow though.

Thanks for the heads up.

The "in stock" part I'm not sure of as I believe these banners drop ship from the vendor/supplier. Give SPP a phone call at 702-405-3500 for the latest.

Steve

I've posted this about a year or two back but it s probably worth posting again and that is when it comes to the current generation of Shelby memrobilia the GTH appears to attract the most bogus "factory" merchandise. From color photocopies of GTH hero cards, to CD-r's of press release info, to photographs with fake CS autographs, to Chinese made GTH banners, it all ends up on eBay for some reason.

Then you have sellers taking generic Hertz items and claiming the item was part of the GTH program. I'm sure we all seen the ebay seller with the Hertz parking signs and ice scrappers. We even have a TS member who stretches the truth on die-cast models auctions. And then there was the ebay seller who ran auctions for "secret info" on GTH #13 and would send you a xerox copy of a magazine article, of course the seller wouldn't tell you that upfront.

And just like the vintage Shelby memrobilia, once a buyer realizes he was taken they usually then try to pass the item off onto another buyer never disclosing that the item was fake.

Steve

As for the checklists - I can verify that they were used. A good friend of mine rented a 2006 GT-H in Maui and kept a copy of his paperwork including the completed checklist after his rental return. The manager apparently handled the inspection of the car both before and after the car was returned, and all of the Hertz specific items were listed and checked off as being there. He wanted to keep the paperwork for sentimental reasons, so I don't have the originals, however he did loan me his documents and I made some copies.

Yes, I have my two, but how do you know a laminated one is real when they buyer is asking hundreds of dollars? I can go to FedEx, make a nice copy, laminate it, and sell it for $300?

Nah!

• 10 months later...

Hi all,

this banner is listed on ebay and the claim is that it was hung behind the rental counters of Hertz dealerships during 2006. Does anyone know it this is true and if these banners where actually behind the Hertz rental desks?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-SHELBY-HERTZ-GT-H-MUSTANG-RENTAL-AGENCY-SHOWROOM-BANNER-/370780902204?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item565443933c

Thanks

QSS

This banner was also on Ebay 3 weeks ago. It sold for $153.00 !!! I was very sorry I missed it. I think it's the same guy that had the one you linked to for $700 !! As to it's authenticity?? I'm not the expert on that. But a couple other members seemed to indicate they thought it was real...

I did buy one myself from this guy but it was no where near the $700 shown in the link. I recall that it was somewhere around the $110 to $130 mark, I'll try to look it up to see for sure.

Here it is hanging on my wall. It's nice.

attachicon.gifIMG_2771 (800x533).jpg

QSS

Great set up .... some very nice items!!

Archived