TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Curb Rash

Serpentor

Does anyone know if you can repair or re-coat powder coated rims? I have a set of the black super snake rims on my car that have curb rash along with some nicks. I would really like to get them fixed seeing as I am no longer using the car as my primary vehicle. I'm guessing they could probably be blasted down to the metal and re-coated but I wanted to see if anyone had other ideas. Thanks.

Thanks for the response Bill. I will see if there are any mobile rim repair services around the Austin/San Antonio area.

Post up who you use and if you are satisfied with results... Sadly I've got a bit of rash on one of my rims too. :doh:

These are the guys I used with great results ( http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/). They have franchises everywhere.

Thanks for the info. I called their local rep and he quoted me $125 per rim to strip and re-powder coat. 48hr turnaround. It sounds reasonable to me. I just hope the finished product looks good.

Thanks for the info. I called their local rep and he quoted me $125 per rim to strip and re-powder coat. 48hr turnaround. It sounds reasonable to me. I just hope the finished product looks good.

Hmmmm...... Not sure your location but where I am, he came by my house with his trailer and repaired the rim in my driveway. Took less than 30 minutes and only cost $80. When you're talking about a $1,000 plus rim it's quite a bargain. The rims looked so good that I'm not sure where or even which rims that were damaged anymore. My guy is good, I hope yours does as well.

Archived