TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby, will there be a GT350 for MY 2015?

But rest assured there will be a car built by SA. All bets are off on what the nameplate will be IMHO. My bet is pretty much in line with the current thinking - the GT350 will be the niche line car and I would venture a guess that the SA model will be the up-fitted version of that line, possibly still the Super Snake. The GT based SA model could then be the GTS... but this is all speculation.

I have been researching the 2015 GT350 and I just hope ford doesn't cut corners, if the rumors are true. I don't mind spending money on quality, that's what I like about SAI. Read reviews about the GT500 vs the SAI GT350, I hope Ford offers what SAI offers, make all the difference.

PCW

I have been researching the 2015 GT350 and I just hope ford doesn't cut corners, if the rumors are true. I don't mind spending money on quality, that's what I like about SAI. Read reviews about the GT500 vs the SAI GT350, I hope Ford offers what SAI offers, make all the difference.

PCW

I'm sure they'll make one but God only knows what they're going to look like.

All bets are on a GT350 coming out of Flat Rock.

With a twin turbo "Ecoboost" 5.0L engine (my own speculation).

Phill

With a twin turbo "Ecoboost" 5.0L engine (my own speculation).

Phill

I've wondered the same following the twin turbo CobraJet test. It wouldn't surprise me.

Will the '13-'14 GT500 owners be upset if its rated at more than 662?

Or.....

If Ford (Flat Rock) stops making the "GT 500" could SA begin offering their own version of that nameplate. Thus leaving the GT350 to Ford/SVT and SA would offer the GT500 for 2015 and beyond.

Something along the lines of Ford/SVT delivering a 5.0 EcoBoost turbo for the GT350 and SA delivering the same 5.0 V8 but with a large displacement supercharger producing a bit more HP than the stock GT350.

-Pockdog

Will the '13-'14 GT500 owners be upset if its rated at more than 662?

Maybe, but the next release is always improved someway. I guess it does hold some bragging rights but we all smoke the tires just the same :peelout:

I cant share all of what I have heard for obvious reasons, but what I can share is what a couple guys from Ford came down to the Shelby booth at NAIAS and just openly told us they have a 5.2L rated at 550HP NA engine coming out. Didnt say what it will go on, or any more details than that, but I have heard the ecoboost 5.0 isnt happening anytime in the near future in mass production.

They're really not that sentimental, and it makes MORE sense to have Shelby build the 500 IMHO. Sadly however, I've had to fight for years the misconception that the GT350 is somehow the GT500's little brother. Despite having some very good inside information on the new car and the "possible" scenarios of what may or may not happen we really don't know anything until it actually happens. Thinking about it too much makes my head hurt....

Archived