TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin the Smokies

stngfever

I'f any of you guys that are meeting up with Jim and I in Yulee need to contact me do so thru Jim cause im packing up the PC in a couple of min. We have a closing on this place tomorrow at 9:30 so thats when we'll offically be homeless. The closing on the new place is at the end of next week.

See y'all in Boone on Sat., and don't be late.

Vic

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to Jim for finding Newfound Gap is open Early! :happy feet:

Updated document to reflect slight change to route on Sunday (to include Newfound Gap removing expressway).

First day is now ~266 smiles :shift:

Car awaken and brought home from hibernation, check

Oil Change, check

Tire Pressure, check

Locate shorts, check

4 days to lift off!

Thanks to Jim for finding Newfound Gap is open Early! :happy feet:

Updated document to reflect slight change to route on Sunday (to include Newfound Gap removing expressway).

First day is now ~266 smiles :shift:

Car awaken and brought home from hibernation, check

Oil Change, check

Tire Pressure, check

Locate shorts, check

4 days to lift off!

Great to hear car is awake....

3 DAYS TO GO.... :yahoo:

The I 75 route through Atlanta on Sat. has 0% chance of rain behind the cold front and the 95 route has 50-80% on the warm side. I don't care if the Boss gets wet, I 'm more concern about those other drivers on wet dangerous roads. It would be a lot nicer spending the day in the sun. I know it's a little early and the front could pass through quicker but something to think about.

Don't forget the jackets like this little guy did.

gregonbike.jpg

Living in Michigan our summer stuff gets put away and the big flannels come out around October. Too damn old to wear shorts in the winter anymore. :hysterical2:

Yes Scott, remember to bring a jacket along with the badanna and glasses.

Living in Michigan our summer stuff gets put away and the big flannels come out around October. Too damn old to wear shorts in the winter anymore. :hysterical2:

Yes Scott, remember to bring a jacket along with the badanna and glasses.

Was just messing about shorts...that is one reason I love Florida, Its to DARN cold for too long up there.

Scott, looks like a wash for me. I talked to Carl last night and to told him I needed to get back to work on the brakes. Got the rears done and started on the fronts....omg, I knew I beat the hell out of them, but not this bad. LF, one of the pistons is chipped/cracked, all 4 boots are toast...needless to say, I am online trying to find new calipers. Tracking is expensive! You guys have fun and above all, be safe! Craig :banghead:

Scott, looks like a wash for me. I talked to Carl last night and to told him I needed to get back to work on the brakes. Got the rears done and started on the fronts....omg, I knew I beat the hell out of them, but not this bad. LF, one of the pistons is chipped/cracked, all 4 boots are toast...needless to say, I am online trying to find new calipers. Tracking is expensive! You guys have fun and above all, be safe! Craig :banghead:

Sorry to hear you can make it. :(

Better safe than sorry. we will post pictures for you. also looks like you will be last one into boon so you owe the first round.

sorry you cant make. maybe next year we will have condensed version right before big event on april 17. if you are coming to mustang alley this august we can all get together again.

18 1/2 hours for the 4 AM wake up and the fun to begin. :drool: Jenny and I are looking forward seeing our Michigan friends again. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I have come to the conclusion that Scott and I will be last to arrive, therefore I have purchased a 12 year aged bottle of Canadian Gibsons. :tequila:

Even though right outside the parking lot entrance I will :speedie: to make sure Scott is last.............LOL

See you at 830AM in Yulee.... :yahoo:

As Vic would say,

"Don't be late"..... :hysterical:

215 miles divided by 65 MPH = 3.3 hrs ( should average 75 -80 most of the way though) and one 5 minute get rid of coffee break :( should put me in Yulee by 8:15. That should make Vic happy. :hysterical: I will need to gas up in Yulee. Jim, we are in for one hell of a great ride up to Boone. :happy feet:

Too funny Scott. Depends on how many smoke breaks we take along the way and how many times Scott gets pulled over and ticketed since I always let him lead, because it makes him feel good......

Good news... looks like we will be behind the squall line moving to the East. Might have a few showers early morning and then clear skies up to Boone (VFR). T- Storms just arrived here with strong wind and lighting and they should go through Jacksonville tonight.

Jim & Vic, let me know when you expect to roll in through St. Aug and I'll try to catch you on 95 and follow you into Yulee. Debating if I am will drive the GT-H so you can see what she needs, but in all likelihood will drive the GT500.

Archived