TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin the Smokies

stngfever

If you guys choose Asheville, I'd be happy to assist. I'm up there about once a month for business. Lots of cool stuff to do and the owner of Highland Brewing Co. is a client of mine.

To quote Homer Simpson: "Ummmmmmmmmm, beer."

That Highland brew is very tasty!

Sam

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to test run the GT-500 tomorrow. Wifey and I still want to go even if the Shelby is inop, might be driving the hot rod Fusion as long as we are still welcome :cry:

Will make the call on the Shelby this weekend....

Going to test run the GT-500 tomorrow. Wifey and I still want to go even if the Shelby is inop, might be driving the hot rod Fusion as long as we are still welcome :cry:

Will make the call on the Shelby this weekend....

You are more than welcome....... :happy feet: :happy feet:

We have a cold front and clear skies on Saturday and Sunday in Boone with a high in the mid 50's and a low of 40. OUCH, that's cold. Hope it warms up on Monday.

SatApr 20

32.png

53°

39°

Sunny

Chance of rain: 0% Wind: WNW at 10 mph

SunApr 21

34.png

57°

42°

Mostly Sunny

Chance of rain: 10% Wind: WNW at 9 mph

Well it would appear that i'll be able to make the trip with you guys afterall. We got word today that their moving the closing on the sale of our house from the afternoon of the 19th to the morning of the 17th. Guess i'll be homeless while i'm in NC.

Jim...a high of 60 doesn't warrant long pants

Vic

Vic, glad you can make it. happy%20feet.gif If we get any more cars, Yulee's going to bring out the local high school marching band to send us off at McDonalds.

This weekend I'll change oil, put on the paint sealant, check the tire pressure and lug nuts, put away the shorts and sun tan lotion and load the cold weather gear. The Boss hasn't been out of the barn since Silver Springs and it's looking forward for it's 3rd annual trip up North. 1st yr Michigan, 2nd yr Shelby Fest Mo, 3rd Boone NC.

Frank you can still do 125 mph in fourth, you don't need 5th or 6th gear. :hysterical:

Testing the GT-500 today. For those that don't know, the Fusion Sport is no slouch either. 3.5L V6 263HP 6 Speed Auto w/Manual shift gate..... and about 28 to 30 highway MPG. For a 4 door sedan, it hauls ass....

Vic, glad you can make it. happy%20feet.gif If we get any more cars, Yulee's going to bring out the local high school marching band to send us off at McDonalds.

This weekend I'll change oil, put on the paint sealant, check the tire pressure and lug nuts, put away the shorts and sun tan lotion and load the cold weather gear. The Boss hasn't been out of the barn since Silver Springs and it's looking forward for it's 3rd annual trip up North. 1st yr Michigan, 2nd yr Shelby Fest Mo, 3rd Boone NC.

Frank you can still do 125 mph in fourth, you don't need 5th or 6th gear. :hysterical:

Put AWAY SHORTS and Suntan lotion....Are you crazy??? :shrug:

Remember Don, Vic and I will be in shorts the whole time...need some tan on my legs.. :hysterical2:

:shift:

:peelout:

Old man Winter is still HERE! :rant2:

Starting to look like car will come out of the hibernation, straight to oil change, then hit the road all in the same day they are calling for snow/rain ! :banghead:

As for shorts, where did I pack those 6 months ago :shrug:

Now its looking like I can bring the car home from hibernation on Tuesday (so far looks to be a dry day). Oil change, check tires, etc....

Looking like 60's for our trip once Cliff and I make it out of the great North on Saturday (time to find the shorts).

6 days :yahoo:

Post up how many to expect for the dinner on Saturday.

Be careful, the Yulee Police has some fast horses!

Here we see a safety crewman manning the extinguisher on one of their "Pursuit Mustangs" after it's hooves caught fire during a high-speed run! (Radar gun readings indicated a top speed of nearly 145 mph before the fires started!)

Mounted-Patrol-1_zpsed36b087.jpg

Sam

Yulee Police, marching band, safety personnel......... all we need now are Ronald McDonald and the Hooter girls for the send off.

Sam, did you know that the Tail of the Dragon is the number one spot for anniversaries and birthdays, and I am sure that Vic would let you use his lovely new home for a romantic weekend with the wife.

Traditional-Canadian-Rural-House-897486.jpg

Fellas....

Please be prepared to deal with a heavy dose of pine pollen this weekend... Because of the late arrival of Spring this year, the annual Yellow Pollen Clouds are week or so behind schedule. It was like a dust bowl where I live in the Piedmont this past weekend, the Mountains are about a week behind us.

Have a safe trip!

Archived