TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spring Fever Cruisin the Smokies

stngfever

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to Landslide on Newfound Gap, routes have been updated (refer to document attached to first post). Second day we have 3 options to choose from. After Sunday's run, we'll decide which of the 3 options for Monday.

Group gathering for dinner on Saturday has been added. As we get closer to the event, I'll need to know how many are traveling with passengers to have an accurate head count for dinner.

Two weeks from Saturday :yahoo:

Forecast for Boone next week will be in the 70s with a 20-40% chance of rain. Jim, hear anything from Vic?

Cliff and I were talking about me bringing some shrimp and he some sandwich steaks for a roadside BBQ lunch on Sunday. Or would it be better to stop somewhere?

Got some bad news, I may have to bail out due to technical problems. My 08 has 13K miles on it and the tranny has been starting to act up. The issues have been intermittent until now, but I drove it this weekend and experienced the issues again. Basically when it gets warmed up, I have trouble shifting into 5th or 6th gear. It's like the syncros are not working. I'm going to make a highway run this week and see if it continues (which I expect) and then decide if I want to risk a failure on this trip.

Cross your fingers and hope it cures itself :drop:

Hey Don.

Forget the cooking on the side of the road. Let's let someone else feed us and that way we don't have to carry grills, etc. Booze is all we should carry.

Frank, hope all is well with the car.

See all in two weeks.

Cliff

Frank,

If you decide to go, don't worry about being left behind if something should go wrong. You will have friends there to help. This would be huge disappointment for Jenny and I if you can't make it. :banghead:

Cliff, I really didn't want to bring all that stuff anyway :mademyday: but I love BBQ shrimp. Ten four on the Booze. :yup:

Oh man I am so ready to get my car out of storage. Put insurance on it last Monday 4/1 and still have not got it out. Michigan weather sucks this year. No spring weather yet.

Heading to Pittsburgh today and will be back on Friday. Hopefully weather breaks and I can change the oil, put correct air pressure in tires and be ready to hit the road next Saturday.

You can still bring Shrimp Don.... LOL

Oh man I am so ready to get my car out of storage. Put insurance on it last Monday 4/1 and still have not got it out. Michigan weather sucks this year. No spring weather yet.

Heading to Pittsburgh today and will be back on Friday. Hopefully weather breaks and I can change the oil, put correct air pressure in tires and be ready to hit the road next Saturday.

You can still bring Shrimp Don.... LOL

Sorry you are having crappy weather up there....

NC should be great...

Without all that extra BBQ weight in the trunk I'll have a better chance keeping up with everyone while listening to my hippie sixties songs. :hysterical: Creedence, Led Zeppelin, Hendix, Steppenwolf, Jefferson Airplane, Stones, and Moody Blues all help keep the RPM's up.

Yes but when you wear hearing aids big glasses and still smoke through a bong....it is called hippie music.

And Don.....you as may as well bring the shrimp and grill because even without it you admit you cant keep up. lol

love you man.

I cant leave my meat behind.....that is why I got a tune from

VMP. need the extra boost to carry the goods.

Well fellas I was not able to free up the days needed to attend......... I can block my calendar next year if this becomes an annual event.

I guess I might see a couple of you in August when my wife and I head home for the Dream Cruise. I'm already registered for Mustang Alley since TS can't seem to get their S%#T together posting dates or detail for Dearborn.

Anyway, safe travels and I look forward to seeing pictures and reading the stories.

"Spring Break-Out 2014"? "Ice-Breaker 2014"?

May have to adjust the date so as not to coincide with my anniversary, but I like the idea for an annual event!

Perhaps we can throw in a show or track-event depending on the route? Maybe our Northern brethren can head South one year and vice-versa the next? East/West in following years? Meet in the middle? I would like to be all inclusive to our rather large division, but also to surrounding divisions!

Sam

I like the idea of meeting in the middle, my wife and I love heading to the mountains whenever we can. The Asheville area is almost right in the middle between FL and MI, perfect location......... :shades:

We already try to head north once a year for the Dream Cruise.

Keep it simple like you're already doing this trip, cruisin', eatin' & drinkin'.....

If this had only been posted a couple of weeks earlier I would had time to block the dates.

Making this an annual event is a great idea . Scott and I have been hooking up the past four years at different locations.. The cruisin the Smokies in late Summer or early Fall gets my vote. 08SGT looking forward seeing you on the next one.

I like the idea of meeting in the middle, my wife and I love heading to the mountains whenever we can. The Asheville area is almost right in the middle between FL and MI, perfect location......... :shades:

If you guys choose Asheville, I'd be happy to assist. I'm up there about once a month for business. Lots of cool stuff to do and the owner of Highland Brewing Co. is a client of mine.

Archived