TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strut Brace Like the Super Snake

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We did some measuring last Thursday to get some specs together strut tower braces. We did a lot of R&D for future Focus, V6, 5.0, and GT500 parts. The 2011+ is a TIGHT fit, but we're still investigating the possibilities. Jer

Jer:

Since there was no mention of ow TIGHT the fit would be on a '12, can I assume my '12 SS is just going to have to do without this very cool item? That space between the KB 3.6 and hood is kind of narrow. I am so bummed. This is one of the coolest add-ons there is.

We did some measuring last Thursday to get some specs together strut tower braces. We did a lot of R&D for future Focus, V6, 5.0, and GT500 parts. The 2011+ is a TIGHT fit, but we're still investigating the possibilities. Jer

Follow the contour of the '07-'09 OEM GT500 STB Brace. It fits perfectly without rubbing the hood or the SC, however, you will have to make adjustments near the CAI intake. While it fits fine with a baffle delete, it will rub the OEM intake... The OEM STB brace is tubular, so the flat SS design would give you a little more room to work with...

I was thinking about this 5 mins ago, if you make a SS like brace for the regular GT500, instead of SuperSnake in the middle how about a Shelby logo in the middle or possibly a CS Signature in the middle? I would definitely get one with a CS signature in the middle

• 2 weeks later...

Jer, I am interested in the SS flat strut tower brace that would fit the SC SGT w/whipple. I live 15 minutes away from the guy who makes them for you and I could be available if he needs to use my car for test measurements. Thanks Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Jer, I am interested in the SS flat strut tower brace that would fit the SC SGT w/whipple. I live 15 minutes away from the guy who makes them for you and I could be available if he needs to use my car for test measurements. Thanks Chris

+1 to the 1,000,000th power!!

is there any type of updates available, be nice to see a SS style strut brace for a GT500 that does not require the SS Hood

It's a VERY tight fit with the stock hood... not sure it could work.

Jer

This issue has been brought up many times and we all wish it would work but there just isnt' enough clearance especially with a KB 3.6. Too much engine, not enough hood. Too bad though as they are really cool looking. Cest La Vie. :cry:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

See my post above.

Thanks,

Jer

• 1 month later...

Archived