TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No...Its not a GT500...

yoggiebhr

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another way to look at this is the Shelby GT is a throwback to the ORIGINAL GT 350, when Ford shipped the cars to Shelby in Los Angeles and Mustang GT's were converted in to GT 350's. And if you follow history Ford eventually took over production in 1968 of the Shelby Mustang and made a much lesser Shelby. There is nothing like an original Shelby. It's the Shelby mystique. It's not just lettering on the trunk, it's the DNA.

Ah...but Timmy, you know better then most here that a proper handling car, with less weight can out run more HP on a road course most of the time. :rockon: Keeping it real! :salute:

Ah, regional director vs. regional director action! Lets toss in some "real" Shelby

smack talk as a topping. I believe we are overdue for our TS monthly SGT vs.

GT500 thread.

But for those newbies, lets recap:

07-08 SGT - floppy scoop, spotted stripe, misaligned, underpowered bastard

07-09 GT500 - tranny busting, heat soaking, wallowing, nose heavy bastard

I limit myself to just those models as that is where it all started. But I am with

Tim on this: it is funny every time.

-Tom

and 200 HP

Ah...but Timmy, you know better then most here that a proper handling car, with less weight can out run more HP on a road course most of the time. :rockon: Keeping it real! :salute:

Ah, regional director vs. regional director action! Lets toss in some "real" Shelby

smack talk as a topping. I believe we are overdue for our TS monthly SGT vs.

GT500 thread.

But for those newbies, lets recap:

07-08 SGT - floppy scoop, spotted stripe, misaligned, underpowered bastard

07-09 GT500 - tranny busting, heat soaking, wallowing, nose heavy bastard

I limit myself to just those models as that is where it all started. But I am with

Tim on this: it is funny every time.

-Tom

And this is why the Boss 302 is considered to be the best stock Mustang variation ever built... :drop:

LOL...

Jer

By the way, who shot J.R. Bet you Jer would know the answer ( He, He ) Just teasing Jer, I kind of remember seeing some of the Dallas episodes, but never found out who shot J.R. Oh crap, now I realize I am getting older. Man, I think I just slapped my self in the face ( Ha, ha )

I think it all comes down to the driver. 500 HP+ means nothing if a driver cannot drive it, and 400 HP+ can get around the track with a kick ass driver. Guys, why argue? You both have awsome cars, just built differently. It is a Shelby, no matter if it is from Ford or converted at SAI. You both have the very best of the Mustang brand, a Shelby. Hell, I am so proud of my car and it is not even a real Shelby! TS is suppose to be like a family, so little and big brother needs to stop talking like one is better than the other. You both are bonded by a special blood tie, SHELBY. Take it from the adopted red headed stepchild, a 65' clone owner in the TS family. You both have Shelby and a common intrest! We need to go out there and stomp on the compitition, not on each other. I would love to own either one of your cars!

And this is why the Boss 302 is considered to be the best stock Mustang variation ever built... :drop:

Sorry BOSS 302 people, we have already reached this month's quota for the "Should

I trade my SGT for a 302" thread. Please try again next month.

-Tom

Yes but I cant help having a little fun with this. I would have a couple of each in a very large garage as you well know :)

Oh, Jer, can I be JR! :happy feet:

I don't think there are any mean feelings in any of these comments. I really do think that we all love and appreciate our mustangs (well....maybe not Bosses....joking)

We all have fun with this argument. All I know is that I had someone I was meeting in traffic this morning rolled their window down and waved thumbs up at me. People might not know exactly what a SGT is, but most realize its something special.

Yes but I cant help having a little fun with this. I would have a couple of each in a very large garage as you well know :)

Oh, Jer, can I be JR! :happy feet:

You an me both brother! I would love any GT500. My wife wants a 2007 vert GTH, so that's probably what I'll try to get next someday, but then a 13 or 14 GT500 would be nice. Now if I could just win the lottery!

Oh yea....Mountain Region is the best! :hysterical:

You an me both brother! I would love any GT500. My wife wants a 2007 vert GTH, so that's probably what I'll try to get next someday, but then a 13 or 14 GT500 would be nice. Now if I could just win the lottery!

Oh yea....Mountain Region is the best! :hysterical:

The Mountain Region is not a Real Region, all Mustangs are made in the Great Lakes region :hysterical3:

Neither are really regions - just a reference for a hurricane alley / bad weather. The BEST region is the Pacific Coast Region - Home of the ORIGINAL Shelby . :yahoo:

Says the guy who knows how to tuck and cover :hysterical:

The Mountain Region is not a Real Region, all Mustangs are made in the Great Lakes region :hysterical3:

But the Real Shelby's are completed in the Mountain Region! :hysterical2:

(just kidding all, I for one, for sure believe that all Shelby's are real! The man had his hand there in the design and approval of them all)

I disagree. All Mustangs are conceived in Michigan. But real Shelby's were made and brought to life in Vegas.

Tell that to a 68-70 owner

Carroll said differently and between you and he, I believe I will take your word :hysterical3:

or not

I disagree. All Mustangs are conceived in Michigan. But real Shelby's were made and brought to life in Vegas Venice.

There, I fixed it for ya.....

Phill

WOW - I didn't know that L.A.X. was located in Venice or Vegas ! :drop: OR that ALL mustangs are conceived in Michigan ? Here I thought that 1965 Shelby's were conceived at the San Jose , California plant and were sent for final assembly in L.A. ( aren't those both in CALIFORNIA ? ) :rockon:

Well the Northeast region seems to be where all the big celebrations take place. You know the NY Autoshow debuting the Shelby 1000, 50th celebration at Carlisle last year, first inagural Shelby grand nationals? I guess whenever a big event is needed with the most loyal owners to come together they look to the Northeast region!

On a side note, this thread ran off the tracks real quick!!!

Sorry about preaching to all of you. I think you all are a :hysterical: to see go back and forth. " Thats entertainment ! " From what I know, the first few origional GT 350's were built in Venice before they ran out of room and headed to L.A.X. The early Mustangs were built in Michigan and San Jose, then shipped to be Shelbyized. 68-69 and carryover 69's/70's were built in Ford plants and yes, were still called Shelby GT 350/GT500. Keep up the good work and friendship Shelby and Ford ! Just wanted to add that I feel that if a registry is made to keep tabs of ownership of a Shelby, well I think that qualifies it as a real shelby, regardless of where it was built. Heck, if Mr. shelby was still alive and saw my clone that I am building, and signed off my car with an MSN #, I would consider it a real Shelby.

WOW - I didn't know that L.A.X. was located in Venice or Vegas ! :drop: OR that ALL mustangs are conceived in Michigan ? Here I thought that 1965 Shelby's were conceived at the San Jose , California plant and were sent for final assembly in L.A. ( aren't those both in CALIFORNIA ? ) :rockon:

Correct sir, I think the focus was the newer stuff :)

Well the Northeast region seems to be where all the big celebrations take place. You know the NY Autoshow debuting the Shelby 1000, 50th celebration at Carlisle last year, first inagural Shelby grand nationals? I guess whenever a big event is needed with the most loyal owners to come together they look to the Northeast region!

Ah, quantity, not quality :hysterical:

" From what I know, the first few origional GT 350's were built in Venice before they ran out of room and headed to L.A.X.

Yep, and in fact there are pictures of them building GT350's at the Venice shop so proof positive (not just anecdotal).

Phill

SSHHhhhhh!!!! svt13 might hear you and jump on board - quick back to" NO....it's not a GT500"

Yep, and in fact there are pictures of them building GT350's at the Venice shop so proof positive (not just anecdotal).

Phill

Those were just cars for the secretaries - nothing special - but still built in CALIFORNIA ! :hysterical2: AND NOT A GT500 !

Archived