TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Now that alcoas are done.....what new parts are coming to SPP?

svt13

Well Jer now that Alcoas are done why don't you share a little of what is coming down the road in the next 6 months and what you have plans for?

Unless this is "top secret' info...... Probably would be great to mention some stuff to peak some interest again and get another fire started.

I will announce new products when they are here and in stock for purchasing. The Alcoa drama was pre-Jer and will never happen again.

Jer

I have LOTS of things coming. This just ISN'T gonna be the soap opera I've seen in the last six months. RIDICULOUS.

Jer

Why is it a soap opera if you announce what is coming out? Think of it like an online SEMA if you will. It will keep those of us who are debating going to other vendors to get the parts. What if I bought a part from say lethal only to find out a week later you come out with something better? That wouldn't be very nice.

Why is it a soap opera if you announce what is coming out? Think of it like an online SEMA if you will. It will keep those of us who are debating going to other vendors to get the parts. What if I bought a part from say lethal only to find out a week later you come out with something better? That wouldn't be very nice.

I'm fine with that.

Jer

haha but what about other people who get too impatient? oh nvm idk why I bother....another useless thread. (too bad we don't have the option to delete our own threads)

Yeah.

Jer

I just love the way Jer operates. I'll probably never get the chance to meet him and that's really too bad but I can still enjoy the job he's doing and his manner. I know the oil separators are the next best thing.

I tried to meet Jer last week. The guys in the parking lot with the Shelby trailer display sent me across the street to the "B" building but couldn't figure nhow to get in. Should have had someone from the Shelby store call him while I was buying stuff in there. I will track him down next April while we are there for the Mustang 50th anniversary.

I just love the way Jer operates. I'll probably never get the chance to meet him and that's really too bad but I can still enjoy the job he's doing and his manner. I know the oil separators are the next best thing.

Idkkk he seems to operating with some misguided attitude when I asked a simple question. But guess I'll just have to see all of these "awesome" area 52 projects he's got going on.

Idkkk he seems to operating with some misguided attitude when I asked a simple question. But guess I'll just have to see all of these "awesome" area 52 projects he's got going on.

Might want to get your fire extinguisher ready !!! :extinguish:

I tried to meet Jer last week. The guys in the parking lot with the Shelby trailer display sent me across the street to the "B" building but couldn't figure nhow to get in. Should have had someone from the Shelby store call him while I was buying stuff in there. I will track him down next April while we are there for the Mustang 50th anniversary.

Please do. Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet while you were here.

Jer

LMAO! Jer, you crack me up! Your the best thing to happen to Shelby since CS himself!

OH, that's not NEARLY true. But thank you for your support, I truly appreciate it.

Jer

+1 Can't wait for the new parts, Jer!

Thank you.

Jer

Keep up the GOOD work Jer

Thank you!

Jer

The oil separators were a project I inherited when I got here. I didn't like the existing design, cosmetic or functional, so I scrapped it and started fresh. I changed the cosmetics, the mechanics, everything. And I gave our manufacturer a high expectation - "I want to see the CAD flow displays, I expect real-world testing", etc... I said that at the beginning, and I knew folks would be upset. Many people have been waiting a LONG time, and I hate that. *I* don't announce stuff until it's for sale - as a longtime Shelby CUSTOMER, I always felt that the day something shows up on these forums, it had better be for sale and shippable. That integrity didn't really translate into happy customers, but I'm not going to change my approach. When we offer these separators, I can tell you with great confidence that they had 1000+ miles of real-world testing, CAD flow analysis, and are the BEST.

Jer

The oil separators were a project I inherited when I got here. I didn't like the existing design, cosmetic or functional, so I scrapped it and started fresh. I changed the cosmetics, the mechanics, everything. And I gave our manufacturer a high expectation - "I want to see the CAD flow displays, I expect real-world testing", etc... I said that at the beginning, and I knew folks would be upset. Many people have been waiting a LONG time, and I hate that. *I* don't announce stuff until it's for sale - as a longtime Shelby CUSTOMER, I always felt that the day something shows up on these forums, it had better be for sale and shippable. That integrity didn't really translate into happy customers, but I'm not going to change my approach. When we offer these separators, I can tell you with great confidence that they had 1000+ miles of real-world testing, CAD flow analysis, and are the BEST.

Jer

Jer, you are doing it the right way.

I do business with a supplier, and for years they were constantly introducing new products with the comment that it would be on the shelf ready to ship in 2 weeks.

That 2 weeks always, without fail, turned into 6 weeks. Very frustrating.

Kudos to you for taking the helm and getting products on the shelf that look and function to the highest of standards.

*I* don't announce stuff until it's for sale - as a longtime Shelby CUSTOMER, I always felt that the day something shows up on these forums, it had better be for sale and shippable.

The wide body is a good example where the announcement may have been premature (not that Jer was responsible for that). When I saw it in September I was told it was ready for customers. That was reiterated when I placed my GTS order in October. My car has been at SAI since November and has yet to go into the body shop to have the rear wide body put on. The body panels weren't even finalized until January. I know I'll love it when I finally get it but it's disappointing that the process is taking so long. I wish the information last fall had been more accurate. I might have still placed my order even if I was told it would be six months, but the wait would have been less frustrating if I entered into this with an accurate expectation.

I support Jer's approach of not announcing until it's ready to ship.

I went to Shelby in January of 2010 and after the tour upon leaving I met Jer in the parking lot. I had just purchased a 2008 Shelby GT for my wife and had some questions on the stripes and hood scoop. Jer answered all the questions I had even ones I didn't know to ask. After meeting him I assumed he worked for Shelby and it wasn't until later I learned he didn't. I for one like how he is handling his new position with the company.

Thanks

Mark

It is called marketing. You never give out information on a new product or updated product before you release it for sale to the general public. If you give out this information early, people may decide to wait for the new product and not buy the current product. This can actually cause a reduced volume in current sales before the new product release date. Jer isn't giving you any attitude towards your question, it is a very common business practice with most companies with retail sales. You don't see Apple advertising all the new features of their Iphones or IPads that they're releasing in the future to the general public, do you?

What I like about Jer is he is a straight shooter and is honest. There is a reason why he reached the level of being the store manager at the busiest guitar center in the world and now is the manager of Shelby performance parts its becuase of his ability to communicate with customers in knowing what they want and how to provide it to them.

What I like about Jer is he is a straight shooter and is honest. There is a reason why he reached the level of being the store manager at the busiest guitar center in the world and now is the manager of Shelby performance parts its becuase of his ability to communicate with customers in knowing what they want and how to provide it to them.

+10000

Archived