TEAM SHELBY FORUM

how is this "1 of 1"?

ShelbyEra08

I guess you can say anything is 1-of-1. My car is the only 2008 Vista Blue with white stripes, non-hid, non-nav, orange FAI stripe, Eibach suspension, Metco pulley, short throw shifter, blah , blah ,blah, etc., etc. etc. Just beacuse it has a unique collection of parts installed on it or looks slightly different from other GT500's, doesen't create collectability or 'provance' for the car.

Now, if this truley is a one off custom built in conjunction with Shelby, or at least with their 'blessing', well that's somerthing different.

If you buy the car, and he throws in the snake he has on the engine, I'll buy the snake from you.

$(KGrHqR,!pQFD8qB!CEcBR!wdGj!g!~~60_3.jpg

$(KGrHqR,!pQFD8qB!CEcBR!wdGj!g!~~60_3.jpg

We would need some registrar help on this one. Steven, where are you? Did Shelby actually do the CS stripe on this car for Gary Disney? If all that is claimed to be done custom for Gary, it very well may be 1 of 1. Were there any other GT500's done up like a CS? I would question the story about the wheels however. The wheel of choice on the CS cars seemed to be the AR Razors. Gary Disney has a pretty close relationship with SA, so this could be. Steven?

Also, at least they are not asking some enormous price like it was something extremely special. Price seems pretty fair for a low mileage well documented GT500 which seems to be customized for a close Shelby friend.

Thank you David for bringing this thread to my attention.

First let me mention that I need to be careful on what info I'm able to release due to privacy issues, although the previous owners name is used in the ebay description so I should be ok.

This 2007 Shelby GT500 was purchased new by Gary Disney. Gary had some custom work performed to the car by Galpin Auto Spa in Southern California. The one of one "Special Carroll Shelby Performance Package #001" package designation is not from Shelby American so although these modifications may make the car a one of one, it should not be considered a Shelby American built one of one car.

This Shelby is indeed in the SAI Registry as a 2007 Shelby GT500. Along with the Galpin Auto Spa modifications I believe the car has Gary Disney mods along with additional owner mods.

I'm sure any interested buyers could obtain more info directly from Gary Disney.

Hope this helps.

Steve

It is a very interesting car then for sure. Remember, late 2006 and in 2007, SA didn't have the Super Snake, the Shelby GT program had just came out due to the high interest of the Hertz program which allowed the Shelby GT come into existence. Shelby did have the CS program which kind of dropped off at this time due to the build up of SA for production. There was lots happening. This was an interesting juncture of things happening. The registry showing Galpin doing this work at the time it was done, and then this being Gary's car who had a relationship with SA, does give this car something special, at least in my opinion. Some will see this as not so much since the work was not done at SA, but the timing of this build at GAS gives it some credential. Again, seems like a pretty fair price for a car with an interesting story and history. Of course, IMHO.

Interesting......a couple of things caught my attention: 1) "only driven once a week" followed by "fun car" which don't match up for me. If it's that much fun and "scary fast" then you ought to be driving it more...lol. 2) "Brembo brakes" didn't all GT500's come with front Brembo's? He didn't specify rear Brembo's so I can only assume he'd talking about the fronts...... 3) a "first year of this design" car and sure to be a treasured collectible.....ok, we've beat that one to death already! And, it's not even a "early" car! On the other hand, the price is good and the snake is cool.....unique, yes, collectible, maybe, 1 of 1.......hey, wait, MY GT 500 is 1 of 1.......as far as I know there's never been another one built that has the BT hood prop rod panel (the BT stands for Bowling Trophy--I stopped by the Trophy Shop right after I bought the car and put a 3/4 X 1 gray trophy plaque on the underside of the hood where it had been scratched by the prop rod while on display at the dealership)!

Agreed, the seller talks up some points which are a stretch. But as we see, there are quite a few sellers which really do not have a firm grasp on what a Shelby even is. It's interesting that this was Gary's car but the interior is pretty much stock. Is that like a mechanic not wanting to work on his own car? :hysterical: Also, who can point out the photo from the e-bay add which is actually not even this car? Which items in this picture are missing?

Or I suppose it could be a picture of this car before a couple modifications were done.

How many GT500's where treated to the CS8 package? That alone could make it a 1 of 1 from the seller's perspective.

If anyone is interested I have a 1 of 1 08SGT0343. I dare you to locate another with that CSM number! :hysterical:

I know this car was discussed here once before, but I can't find it. I did find a couple pictures of this car on a different web site when it was for sale back in 2008. Sure enough, it had silver Razors on it. If I remember right, this car was built with quite a few CS8 items back in 2007 before there were SA modifications available for the GT500. That is why the silver side stripes. Those may be AR wheels, but it should have and was originally modified with AR Shelby Silver Razors, which look much better IMO. I'm sure remembering that this was a GT500 modified with much of the CS8 kit way back, but can't find the thread for nothing.

Archived