TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The GoPro Hero 3

Denstang65

Can anyone tell me how to post your videos on the forums? I just recieved a ProCam for my birthday and was going to play with it in my car. Once I take some videos I would like to share them. I understand that the file for a video would be to big to attach to a post, so I am not sure how to go around that. Any info would be great!

Just open up a YouTube account, upload there, then link to here!

I highly recommend you grab some decent video editing software, (I use Corel), to cut out the bad, keep the good, and format your video for easy upload/access.

Sam

Did you compare it to gopro? I'm starting to hear more about the procam

OOPS! Sorry, I am new at this camera stuff. I have the GoPro Hero3. I will see if I can edit my topic!

Well I love the one I have. I really do not know what the Pro Cam looks like. I must have seen it somewhere at one time and the name stuck in my head. I do have a 16 GB class 10 SD Micro card chip and the LCD touch screen to start with.

The suction cup works pretty well. I attach mine to the center of the outside windshield and it stays attached on spirited driving in the mountains

We stick them to cars all the time. No documented failures I know of. It's a firm mount.

Jer

Mine reacords sound. My Go Pro came with a couple different back covers for the case that the camera sits in. One of the covers is made to rid the wind noise. After I received my camera, I purchased the LCD screen, which came with 3 more back covers to allow the use of the touch screen with the cover on the camera and one cover that is a totally sealed piece to allow the camera to be submerssed under water. I do not have a suction cup, but I have talked to other owners that say the same as everyone has said above, it will hold. I installed mine inside my car allowing the the passenger and driver to be captured in the field of view. I am blown away how clear the video looks. You can see all the cars and lights/signs ahead as if you are actually in the car. I will try to take some demo videos and post this weekend.

What, no sound? Need the sound of the engine going thru the gears and tires squeeling in the turns.

One of the issues with the GoPro 1 was the sound. No matter what back plate you use, the wind noise was terrible above 35mph and drowned out any sweet engine sounds.

I have experimented with several alternatives since that video - I purchased a separate digital stereo recorder, wind muffs, and a new GoPro3.

I haven't quite found that sweet spot yet, but hopefully soon!

Sam

The suction cup mount the GoPro provides holds really well. I shot this video back in July at Heartland Park Topeka. Camera was mounted on top of the car and speeds were around 120 mph at the top of the front straight. No issues with the mount coming loose. Unfortunately I used the open back (forgot the closed one at home) so wind noise is terrible. Mounted inside the car the open back will capture some of the engine sounds,but wind is still a factor.

http://youtu.be/Oimpj1xc0Mc

Mark

I used the suction cup in two places on the GT: Mounted internal on the windshield with a contortionist position of the cup to get the camera centered just below the rear view mirror, and also externally mounted right over the rear view mirror slug. It worked great in both places. More wind noise outside, of course, not as much engine sound as you'd think inside.

Archived