Shelby Racing Jackets!

Jer

I need to get off my butt and buy one.

And a Helmet.

And renew my TS membership.

But not in that order....

Did you make FFW last weekend?

Phill

Yes, it was down in show count this year from previous years but up in racers. I sucked it up this weekend. -.002 red light first round Friday night and went out first round on Sunday by letting off right at the finish line when I shouldn't have and let the other guy go by. I thought I was going to break out, but didn't....doh!!! :banghead: I just have not been on my game this year!!!

Yes, it was down in show count this year from previous years but up in racers. I sucked it up this weekend. -.002 red light first round Friday night and went out first round on Sunday by letting off right at the finish line when I shouldn't have and let the other guy go by. I thought I was going to break out, but didn't....doh!!! :banghead: I just have not been on my game this year!!!

Ouch. I've seen MANY a races lost that way. And few won!

There was a 'ratty' old Camaro at PMP last week busting out LOW NINES, on a (ash) slick track!

I was STUNNED. At *this* altitude???? I don't know what the DA was but someone there said it was 6,000' ASL.

I went and found the guy running the car, shook his hand and told him I was impressed. All on a NA small block Chevrolet engine (+60 shot of N2O).

LOTS of Mustangs and a couple of GT500's....turning 14's!!! (THAT shocked me too)!!

I had WAY too much going on last weekend with a lot of it on Sunday. Last two years have been SO hot I decided I did NOT want to be standing on a blacktop parking lot in that heat again. Predicted/forecast for 83 but figured it would be hotter.

Phill

It will be. I'm having converter issues now. I have a TCI in there now, only to learn that they are total crap and will not handle over 450hp. It will not stay locked or unlocked and constantly switches. We can't get a good tune as it will not hold lock on the dyno. Totally sucks in third and fourth gear. RPM bounces, boost is eratic from 6 - 15 lbs as the converter locks and unlocks. Still a mess. Now to pull the tranny again, get a real converter, might as well change the drive shft while there, maybe build the tranny, get a new tune........ :rant2::spend: I'm probably done for this year racing this car as I'm sure it's ready to blow something apart.

It will be. I'm having converter issues now. I have a TCI in there now, only to learn that they are total crap and will not handle over 450hp. It will not stay locked or unlocked and constantly switches. We can't get a good tune as it will not hold lock on the dyno. Totally sucks in third and fourth gear. RPM bounces, boost is eratic from 6 - 15 lbs as the converter locks and unlocks. Still a mess. Now to pull the tranny again, get a real converter, might as well change the drive shft while there, maybe build the tranny, get a new tune........ :rant2::spend: I'm probably done for this year racing this car as I'm sure it's ready to blow something apart.

I have ALWAYS used Art Carr trans products (Converters and Transmissions). He makes a GREAT quality product. ALL of my (1/4 mile) racing friends use Art Carr too and no one I know has ever had a problem with his products.

Have you entertained using Art Carr?

EDIT: A good friend is a TCI dealer and uses them exclusively (NHRA Stock and Super Stock classes). They are JUNK, in my opinion.

Phill

DA at Bandimere Friday night was over 9,500 ft. Sunday was not much better.

Holy Mother of Jesus! What was the temp?

Phill

Art Carr does not make a lock up for a 5R55S. Best one is probably a PI. Just another grand.......

Air temp was mid 80's Friday night, but lack of humidity and major lack of oxygen really pushed it up there.

Jeff,

PM sent.

Jer

Art Carr does not make a lock up for a 5R55S. Best one is probably a PI. Just another grand.......

Air temp was mid 80's Friday night, but lack of humidity and major lack of oxygen really pushed it up there.

Huh?

*Lack* of humidity (arid) is a good thing. Less water in the air/atmosphere to displace oxygen, therefor more available O2.

Heat and altitude are both bad (hot air=thin air, same with altitude, but I know you know that!).

I'm not familiar with PI...Paul "something or other"? (that seems to ring a bell).

Phill

PI = Precision Industries. Their Ford 5R55S converter is called the Stallion. I have quite a few friends with them. I should know better than trying to save bucks on this step. There are very few of the older performance converter folks making converters for the newer cars with lock-up capabilities. I thought that TCI would be good as I had luck in the past on C6 converters, but their new ones are garbage. I should have read more before I purchased. I have used Art Carr in the past also, but they do not appear to be in the game on the newer stuff.

Archived