TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Racing Jackets!

Jer

Awesome! Well for now, I'll just have to add some things to my gift list for birthday's and Christmas from the inlaws. I keep trying to save money for a new Mustang next year, but then you keep making me spend it! It has to stop!!! :hysterical:

It's no better for ME! Everything SPP has been offering lately are things I like! LOL

Jer

Yeah but you get employee pricing......and first dibs at samples.......lol

Truth be told, there isn't a big difference in the pricing! These particular products are not intended to be moneymakers, they're just things I wanna offer, and if the margins are slim (and they are), so be it. I've just always believed a Shelby owner should be able to buy Shelby jackets and helmets, ya know?

BTW, I often pay out of pocket to make a sample, so I'm a paid-in-full guinea pig if they don't turn out cool!

Jer

Boy this is going to be an expensive one mile trip!

Helmet, Jacket, gloves, shoes, harness, roll bar....Where does it end?

Phill

Jer

are these jackets offered in Tall sizing???

Not specifically, but you'll notice from the illustrations, we started with a pattern that favored the taller approach, as opposed to a "cropped" style.

These jackets go well past the waist.

They are, of course, returnable if you have a sizing issue.

Jer

Not specifically, but you'll notice from the illustrations, we started with a pattern that favored the taller approach, as opposed to a "cropped" style.

These jackets go well past the waist.

They are, of course, returnable if you have a sizing issue.

Jer

Will they be in the store so a person could try on various sizes?

Phill (I'm in there often)

Will they be in the store so a person could try on various sizes?

Phill (I'm in there often)

Yes.

Jer

jer, can we get our name or car model, put on the jacket and also the helmets... when we order? thanks

Helmets, yes (see the Item page). You pick a black or white helmet, add the color and type of stripe (SS or Le Mans) and car model.

Driving suits, no. The lead time to make custom jackets (and added expense) made it impossible. Remember that all embroidery breaks the Nomex, so Nomex thread must be used, BEFORE the fire-rated liner is installed. So, if I did them locally after I received them, they would lose their SFI certification. These jackets are made in USA, and are ordered in groups of 12. If anyone needs 12 of them, I can do it... and it will take at least a month (this is the busy season for them) and add at least $100 to each jacket. <grin>

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

Thank YOU, Andrew! I appreciate your support!

The helmets and jackets are something I ALWAYS wanted as a customer, so I suspected they would be a hit. Both have been VERY strong sellers.

I like to tell people, "What if Shelby hired a longtime customer and let them run free to do cool stuff?" This is what you're seeing now - A fox in the henhouse...LOL

Let me know how you like the jacket.

Jer

Jer I love my Jacket it was the best $300 okay $270 I spent I was able to use my 10% Team Shelby discount in the retail store. I am 6'4 230 lbs and the XXL jacket fits me perfect. Here is a link to Shelbys facebook page with me wearing the jacket. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=574283209262941&set=a.572227516135177.1073741831.117534441604489&type=1&theater&notif_t=like I can't figure out how to upload photos to the forum anymore there use to be a little tab that would allow you to upload photos but it seems to be missing for me. I would love to upload photos to Teamshelby but it seems virtually impossible to do these days.

I can't figure out how to upload photos to the forum anymore there use to be a little tab that would allow you to upload photos but it seems to be missing for me. I would love to upload photos to Teamshelby but it seems virtually impossible to do these days.

Reply or open a comment/post. Just below the text input box (on the right side) there are TWO buttons. "Post" and "More Reply Options".

Hit the "More Reply Options" radio button and you'll see where you can attach pics. After you "Browse" and put the link to your photo in you MUST hit the "attach this file" button TOO.

Phill

Reply or open a comment/post. Just below the text input box (on the right side) there are TWO buttons. "Post" and "More Reply Options".

Hit the "More Reply Options" radio button and you'll see where you can attach pics. After you "Browse" and put the link to your photo in you MUST hit the "attach this file" button TOO.

Phill

Sweet Thanks Phil I had to see if it was possible and COOL now I know how to upload photos again. post-21323-0-83074000-1365100919_thumb.jpg

post-21323-0-83074000-1365100919_thumb.jpg

Sweet Thanks Phil I had to see if it was possible and COOL now I know how to upload photos again. post-21323-0-83074000-1365100919_thumb.jpg

Cool. Yep, turned out good on my end (I see a nice big pic).

Phill

Cool. Yep, turned out good on my end (I see a nice big pic).

Phill

Didn't work for ME, Chad, I saw a bunch of SNOW.

Heh heh heh...

Jer

Jer unfortunately I still see snow in my yard too. This is crazy to still have snow this late in the season. I feel so lucky that I was able to bring the Boss to Vegas to run for a week while we are waiting for spring to arrive.

• 2 weeks later...

Impact are one of the best, I went to them SPECIFICALLY because I love their work.

Glad you like it!

Jer

• 2 months later...

Thank you but it's no better for me in this site. I am using other brand.

Spam????? Lost???? Confused?????

Hey anyway's, since the topic is open again. Guess what I got for my birthday in May? Now when I drag race, I'm sporting my Shelby racing jacket! It is awesome!

Glad you like it! Jer

Spam????? Lost???? Confused?????

Hey anyway's, since the topic is open again. Guess what I got for my birthday in May? Now when I drag race, I'm sporting my Shelby racing jacket! It is awesome!

I need to get off my butt and buy one.

And a Helmet.

And renew my TS membership.

But not in that order....

Did you make FFW last weekend?

Phill

Archived