TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby drivers exhaust setups, what are you guys running?

super hiss

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kr's what I would have gotten, but I heard if you get long tubes they sound clingy like metal rattling, how's your setup Harry? You getting any mods soon vandy? I'd go with 1 7/8 if you do

Kr's what I would have gotten, but I heard if you get long tubes they sound clingy like metal rattling, how's your setup Harry? You getting any mods soon vandy? I'd go with 1 7/8 if you do

Probobly sooner than later. My dad just bout his retirement toy and is already running his mouth (2013 427 vette) as far as an exhaust I'm looking at an x with Macs. Ive run them on most of my mustangs and love the sound.

But I'm about to take a possible 3200 dollar pay cut a month. And at 34k miles on my stock f1s tires are a priority

I went old school with the Flowmaster axle back muflers. Was looking for that distinct sound they were famous for with their old American Thunder 2 chamber mufflers for the 1986 - 1993 fox body Mustangs. For a long time, Flowmaster could not figure out how to recreate that sound and their systems sounded empty and "airy". They recaptured that signature deep, smooth tone with their current axle back system. I'm debating on getting long tube headers for a performance gain or go with shorty headers to preserve the sound I love. I heard the same thing about the long tube headers as mentioned in a previous post in that they make the exhaust note "clingy"... that is undesirable.

I went old school with the Flowmaster axle back muflers. Was looking for that distinct sound they were famous for with their old American Thunder 2 chamber mufflers for the 1986 - 1993 fox body Mustangs. For a long time, Flowmaster could not figure out how to recreate that sound and their systems sounded empty and "airy". They recaptured that signature deep, smooth tone with their current axle back system. I'm debating on getting long tube headers for a performance gain or go with shorty headers to preserve the sound I love. I heard the same thing about the long tube headers as mentioned in a previous post in that they make the exhaust note "clingy"... that is undesirable.

shorties no value for the $$ long tubes cool sounding old school, but had to add resonators to quiet down a bit. Other issue with long tubes clearance. Going to try the boss set up on the 13 with Mac mufflers. You can tune in the sound you like with the baffle plates.

shorties no value for the $$

That is somewhat subjective. Yes I agree they do not add horsepower, but getting rid of the manifolds drops quite a bit of weight off the front end and provides better front to rear weight distribution. Those stock manifolds weigh a ton. I'm not really looking for a horsepower gain from headers. Just a cleaner look, drop the extra lbs, and preserve current the exhaust note. If I ever get a moment I'll take a video for the so those who request can hear the sound.

If you're in Cali those shorties are an option, and for sound... Long tubes I feel turned my car from a quite luxury sedan into z hit rod, I love hearing the firing order at 1400 rpm on the streets. I'd wanna hear your setup

Straight up stock exhaust and replaced the stock mufflers with KR's. Best ROI I have run into. Well, equal to the ROA of putting VMP CAI, small pulley, and tune on my '08 actually. Soooo easy to install, low $$, no need to even jack up the car.

Can you make it better with an H-pipe vs the stock X-pipe, so I have been told, you betcha. But with just a deep-socket set, in 30 min, without even jacking up the car, turned it from way too quiet to sounding like it performs and a solid, head turner every...single...time..

But what do I know, just my 2 cents.

super hiss, living in Cali you have to be careful about performance parts that are not CARB approved. Long tubes are something easily spotted and heard by the SMOG tech.

I made it through with borla xr-1 cat backs, not allowed. It all depends on your testers, are you near Santa Anna? Hahaha

Shelby (ARH) headers, cats, x-pipe, http://www.shelbysto...-9430-c134c.htm and Shelby (Magnaflow) cat-back http://www.shelbysto...Code=Z39-16674. It's loud. :drop:

Don't know why the link doesn't work. Anyways it's the 3" Magnapack series cat-back.

Whatcha got under that cowl hood

Ooooo! 2002 Ford Lightning..... I had one of those. What a great truck. I still look at autotrader everynow and then to see if there is one out there with low miles for a good price. Some of these trucks are still going for $30,000 from people who bought them and never drove them.

Archived