TEAM SHELBY FORUM

questions about 14's

blk12svt

Was just looking at a new 14 on Ebay and the stripes look satin just like the 13's. Then a close up of the window sticker said "low gloss tape stripes". I thought the 14's were to have glossy stripes. Since it called out low gloss does that mean either is available? I am planning to trade up to a 14 and sure didn't want glossy so I was thinking about a stripe delete again and adding satin stripes. Anyone know the details on this?

Question 2... Are there any new colors for 14 or same as 13?

Question 3... Approximately how long does it usually take to get a car after the order is placed?

Question 2... Are there any new colors for 14 or same as 13?

I know that Candy Red was deleted and a replacement Red was added. I can't remember the name of the new Red color but the guy said it looks so close to the Candy Red that you really can't tell the difference.

Not sure about any other color changes....

Phill

What I was given from Ford.NEW INTERIOR FEATURES

 Heated Seats are now standard (Except with RECARO®

optional seats)

NEW EXTERIOR COLOR

 Oxford White (YZ)

 Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat (RR)

SVT PERFORMANCE PACKAGE – (821A)

 Includes:

— TORSEN® differential with 3.31 axle ratio 

— Unique 19'x9.5"(F) 20"x9.5"® "Tarnish" painted forgedaluminum

wheel 

— Unique front and rear springs

— Unique front and rear stabilizer bars

— SVT Engineered Bilstein™ cockpit-selectable dampers

— Unique gear shift knob

SVT TRACK PACKAGE (55S) – Only available on

Coupes with 821A

 External engine oil cooler

 Differential cooler with pump

 Transmission cooler with pump

• 3 weeks later...

I am military stationed overseas and would be buying through the Navy exchange overseas car program. I spoke with them and they said if A/Z plan is authorized by Ford they have to honor it under their agreement. My father retired from Ford and passed away a few years ago so it is not a simple task to get the login and sign in to get a pin to even check but if A/Z plan exists it would be well woth it. Is the 2014 Shelby on the excluded list list year??

I am military stationed overseas and would be buying through the Navy exchange overseas car program. I spoke with them and they said if A/Z plan is authorized by Ford they have to honor it under their agreement. My father retired from Ford and passed away a few years ago so it is not a simple task to get the login and sign in to get a pin to even check but if A/Z plan exists it would be well worth it. Is the 2014 Shelby on the excluded list list year??

If you are serious about buying a 2014 GT500 through the exchange, you better get your butt in gear and get your name on the list. Only a certain number of GT500's are allocated to the Armed Forces Exchange Services and these are handed out through a lottery. If your name isn't in the game, you don't have a chance of being chosen to receive an allocation.

If you are serious about buying a 2014 GT500 through the exchange, you better get your butt in gear and get your name on the list. Only a certain number of GT500's are allocated to the Armed Forces Exchange Services and these are handed out through a lottery. If your name isn't in the game, you don't have a chance of being chosen to receive an allocation.

Snoopy's right; when I bought mine in 2008, it was a lottery for one car in the region I was in which included all of CENTCOM and all Navy shipboard personnel at sea anywhere in the world, except their home port, as it was explained to me.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are thinking about a red I would take a look at the Ruby Red before you order. There is a difference between it and the Red Candy, the Ruby is going to be a little darker and won't quite have the metallic "pop" the red candy does. Both are gorgeous colors but the Ruby Red is a tad darker.

Archived