TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Help With Trunk Letter Spacing

I did a search, but found conflicting iinformation.

I finally replaced had my stripes. I bought new letters and the positioning template. The template locates the letters left and right. But not up and down.

So, I need help locating the height of the letters. Can someone please measure how high the letters are?

Thanks for any and all help!!!

I did a search, but found conflicting iinformation.

I finally replaced had my stripes. I bought new letters and the positioning template. The template locates the letters left and right. But not up and down.

So, I need help locating the height of the letters. Can someone please measure how high the letters are?

Thanks for any and all help!!!

I've got a 2010 GT500. You want the measurements off of it or is it different?

Let me know, my car is just downstairs, can measure easily.

Phill

I've got a 2010 GT500. You want the measurements off of it or is it different?

Let me know, my car is just downstairs, can measure easily.

Phill

Thanks.

That would be very usefull. I'm not sure if they're the same, but it would be helpful to have the measurements from your car.

Thanks, again.

John

Thanks.

That would be very usefull. I'm not sure if they're the same, but it would be helpful to have the measurements from your car.

Thanks, again.

John

I took a pic, hopefully it's clear enough...

There is a line break in the trunk. The letters are 3/8" above the crest of the line. Each letter is the same distance so it looks like they used the line as a guide. The line BELOW the letters (in the pic).

They look pretty evenly spaced between letters and your template should address that dimension.

HTH,

Phill

post-26522-0-05878400-1362859828_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-05878400-1362859828_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This will probably help.

When I scale the print up to a 1:1 scale the dot seems like it should be at the top of the center light. If I used the dot to the middle, the lettering drops too low. Is that correct?

When I scale the print up to a 1:1 scale the dot seems like it should be at the top of the center light. If I used the dot to the middle, the lettering drops too low. Is that correct?

Yes sir. That's how I used it. I can't remember where I got this but lots of folks here have used it. The one mrfarmdog has is very nice also.

Not sure what template you are using but mine lines up with the body line on the trunk. Does your template look like this?

100_7018.jpg

Yes! That's the same template that I have. I bought it from SA when I ordered the new lettering. From the photo, it looks like the bottom of the template aligns with the bottom edge of the trunk contour. Is that by design or did it just happen to end up there. I'm trying to locate the relative height of the template. How did you do yours? Thanks

Archived