TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAAC 38 Auto Club Speedway Fontana Ca July 3rd - July 6th 2013

MMcGuirk

saac38-plate_thumb.jpg

Join Team Shelby Pacific Coast Region at the SAAC national convention July 3rd thru July 6th 2013 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana CA.

Team Shelby has been invited to participate and SAAC is looking forward to a big late model turn out.

Check http://www.saac.com/ for details. Registration has not opened up yet, but the host hotel is available for booking - http://www.teamshelb...el-information/ - act quickly, there are 250 rooms blocked and they are filling fast. The room rate is a low $79.00 per night!

Monitor this thread, we will be posting additional information as it becomes available.

Looking forward to this, a great way to celebrate the Fourth of July!

http://www.saac.com/files/saac38/38-info.pdf

http://www.saac.com/files/saac38/open-info.pdf

http://www.saac.com/files/saac38/open-med.pdf

http://www.saac.com/files/saac38/open-tech.pdf

Even though only 45 miles from the house, I made my reservations. Thanks for the heads up Michael!!

Dan

We're a little bit further but not much. Made reservations as well. :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All signed up....track Thursday + Friday.....show Torch40's 66 carryover car in the concours on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing all my TS brothers there!

Signed up and registered for the weekend and track on Thursday and Friday! Look forward to seeing all the Team Shelby folks there.

Attaboy...so our bump in at the Shark Tank last night convinced you... :rockon:

Attaboy...so our bump in at the Shark Tank last night convinced you... :rockon:

Indeed! Really enjoying the group and the awesome people that make up Team Shelby, plus Super Speedway!

Garages at the Speedway are available for $600 for the length of the event. Anyone interested in splitting the cost? I am not going to be tracking but plan to enter the concoure on Saturday and don't want my car sitting at the hotel. PM me if you are interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed! Really enjoying the group and the awesome people that make up Team Shelby, plus Super Speedway!

You're tellin' me! One guy even sat there at the track waiting for the tow truck with me well after everyone left to go to the banquet, and then followed us to SAI while I dropped off the car... Thanks again!

I "may" end up swinging the trip to Fontana. My car was towed away to the great junkyard in the sky yesterday and by next weekend I should be behind the wheel of a semi-modified '12 Race Red Boss 302. I took some days off work "just in case."

Hey Michael, I'd still love to go as Fontana is my 'home track' and I didn't get much track time at the bash :banghead: New upgraded clutch is installed and has a couple hundred brek in miles on it and is working perfectly. Do you think you could apply the needed nudge to administration so I could attend? You know my issue, yes, it's a Shelby but no, it's not blue oval powered :victory:

Shelby Bash 2013 hot pits.jpg

Shelby Bash 2013 hot pits.jpg

Hey Michael, I'd still love to go as Fontana is my 'home track' and I didn't get much track time at the bash :banghead: New upgraded clutch is installed and has a couple hundred brek in miles on it and is working perfectly. Do you think you could apply the needed nudge to administration so I could attend? You know my issue, yes, it's a Shelby but no, it's not blue oval powered :victory:

Hi Alan

Thanks for the reminder, let me try the SAAC boys again and see what they say.

MM

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to being at California Speedway again as I was there for SAAC 28 and SAAC 30. This time shipping up the 2011 GT350 (#148, 624HP) and afterwards taking a road trip with the wife to Monterey, Lake Tahoe and Bay area to visit the kids. A good bunch of us from Hawaii (SAAC and TS members) with the Aloha Mustang & Shelby Club will be there with our Shelby toys and mac nuts. Drop by our garage and say aloha. BTW: Ford powered toys or Series 1 on the track only. Track use requires SAAC membership, just looking around does not. Should be more horsepower than a space shuttle and if it's too loud for ya, stay home! See ya, Don

Should be more horsepower than a space shuttle and if it's too loud for ya, stay home! See ya, Don

Aw shucks....thanx for giving my KR those props.... B)

Look forward to meeting you Don

Tom

Looking forward to being at California Speedway again as I was there for SAAC 28 and SAAC 30. This time shipping up the 2011 GT350 (#148, 624HP) and afterwards taking a road trip with the wife to Monterey, Lake Tahoe and Bay area to visit the kids. A good bunch of us from Hawaii (SAAC and TS members) with the Aloha Mustang & Shelby Club will be there with our Shelby toys and mac nuts. Drop by our garage and say aloha. BTW: Ford powered toys or Series 1 on the track only. Track use requires SAAC membership, just looking around does not. Should be more horsepower than a space shuttle and if it's too loud for ya, stay home! See ya, Don

SAAC has opened the event to non-Ford powered cars - looking forward to running with Alan and the Dodge boys.

I was thinking of stopping by Friday to see the vintage racing or Saturday for the Car show as a spectator. Is my understanding correct that spectators pay $20 for ages 16 and up? This is open to the public, right?

I was thinking of stopping by Friday to see the vintage racing or Saturday for the Car show as a spectator. Is my understanding correct that spectators pay $20 for ages 16 and up? This is open to the public, right?

Open to the public, $20.00 per day admission

Archived