TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyonelse Jobless right now?

Denstang65

Well I graduated last May from the X-Ray tech program, have all my certifications and still cannot find work. This economy is really bumming me out!. To go to scool and get a degree, and for what? This is one of the reasons why I cannot afford to go to the bash, but I am hoping to go next year. Then again, the timming might be the act of god. My father had a blood clot over a month ago and could have lost his leg, or even worse, being a diabetic. He has pulled through and might only lose two toes. Since last Saturday, my dad has been staying at our house so can give him home care. I have been giving him insuline shots, all his meds and whatever help he needs for his road to recovery. Again, mabey it was fate that I am not working yet to help my father, but I am still very hungry to find a job. I am hoping to be able to beef up my suspension on my car so I can track it next year. It all depends on work! To others out there struggling in this economy, I wish you the best. To all of you who are doing well, enjoy reapping the benefits. I know I would!

Judging from your post, you are not the kind to sit around and moan (you get to do it a little with us because TS is family) so, in the end, it will work out. Your education will never be a bad investment and, with your "get it done" attitude, once you have a job, you will excel and your employers will be lucky to have you.

And I think it was something from beyond this earthly plane that kept you available for your Dad. He was there for you for your whole life long and it is clear he means the world to you. Nobody can give him the level of care you can give him.

Hang in there and remember to share with us as the job search progresses.

Jim

i hear ya, it took me 2 years to get steady full-time work after i graduated from college in 2010, those 2 years werent fun.

of course i ask the same old question everyday:

Jobs require you to have experience, but how are you supposed to get experience if no-one offers it to you.

Your father is lucky to have a good son like you, God will repay you for your kindness, all things happen for a reason even though at the time we may not know what that reason is.

Good luck in your search and prayers for you and your father!

I'm fortunate to still be employed, however I have a 60 yr. old friend who lost his last year. I've been trying to help him find something (he's a mechanical estimator; 35+ years construction experience). It's tough on both ends of the age spectrum to find work. If you have a job it's treasure!

Move to Calgary, Alberta Canada. Just built of brand new zillion sq foot hospital. Hi demand for workers of all types. I'm pretty sure they've been searching high and low through the US for people. There is talk about bringing up US Military Vets for the oil fields, I think they estimate to be short 50,000+ people in the next few years. Plus hockey rocks up here! :)

Yup, been there still doing it. Working part time only after going back to school. Lost both parents and a sister in the same time. Could P&M but at this point, thats not soemthing that helps anything. And, while I very much miss my folks and, my ability to buy that new Shelby, I am greatful for what I have and, I find ways to go forward and still have my car, enjoy my life, friends and family. I realize, there are those so much worse off. I dotn stop trying and neither should you. And prayer, as others have suggested, is a powerful tool

Still working for the State here.................. Pay Sucks, Benefits getting costly and I am doing MY Job as well as another guys Job because he was put on light duty. I am still considering running for City Commissioner just to get a small boost in Pay. Good luck with the Job search, I am sure the right Job will pop up at just the right time.

Dennis,

Have you checked out Kaiser Permanente? They have been on a spending spree building new and renovating older hospitals in NorCal and SoCal, which they'll have to fill with qualified candidates.

Here is their job search tool. Choose Imaging / Radiology and then hit Search. Many related listings are posted. Good luck, we're all pulling for you!

https://kp.taleo.net...rch.ftl?lang=en

There are jobs in every field in North Dakota=either in the oil patch of Western North Dakota or just about anyplace in a 500 mile area. The pay is tremendous but the problem is finding housing. Lots of people go and work on their two weeks on and go back home to wherever they live on the two weeks off. Allegiant flies to Phoenix and Las Vegas so lots of people have their families there if they don't want to move to ND. They live in crew camps during their two weeks on. It is an amazing time in this once rural and quiet area.

I went to edit my own post and lost the whole thing. Anyone looking for any type of job can find something in the Oil Patch area of ND right now. There are jobs in every area from Wal Mart to McDonalds as well as the oil fields. The pay is tremendous but the housing is a problem. Lots of people live in other places and fly back and forth-Allegiant flies to Orlando, Phoenix and Las Vegas very cheaply and families often live there. People live in crew camps during their two weeks on. Smaller towns in the surrounding area are really filling up with people that work in the oil patch area and drive back and forth. Williston ND is the largest dealership for Corvette sales in the entire Midwest. The once quiet and rural western North Dakota is no more. Towns within a 500 mile area are seeing the effects of the oil boom.

Be open to relocating, it will help a ton. Also be aware more than half of folks these days that Graduate do not end up taking a Career in the field they went to school for. Get a decent Job and work hard, you might have to actually get 2 Jobs that have nothing to do with your field. The time spent at those jobs will give you a ton of experience and might just point in a direction you would never thought of. I went to school 20 years ago and got a Part Time job while doing so, that Part Time job turned into Full Time, here I am 18 years later with that same company doing much better than I could ever have imagined.

It is VERY EASY to stand out in the Crowd these days, no one works hard, the world has changed drastically, Work hard and you will move up the ladder quickly in the entitlement era we are in today, do not fall in the trap of entitlement.

I hope all goes well with your Job hunt and your Father gets well.

Good Luck and Keep your head up!!!!!!

I work in a hospital in SW North Dakota. There are 3 main components for getting and keeping a good job.

1. Show up on time-seems to be a problem these days.

2. More than likely in every line of work you have to pass a drug test-we have had some that stop at that line of info and walk out the door.

3. Show up period and do the job

We also farm and ranch and finding people to work there is next to impossible. No one wants to work!

I work in a hospital in SW North Dakota. There are 3 main components for getting and keeping a good job.

1. Show up on time-seems to be a problem these days.

2. More than likely in every line of work you have to pass a drug test-we have had some that stop at that line of info and walk out the door.

3. Show up period and do the job

We also farm and ranch and finding people to work there is next to impossible. No one wants to work!

The Entitlement Era, isn't it sad. The good part is if your young and do not buy into it, just work hard every day it is so easy to stand out in the crowd. Back when I got promoted there was a list of folks ready to move up, now it is difficult to find someone.

Thank you all for your kind words. I also want to thank others who have suggested some options. I will keep striving to go to work. No matter what, I will keep :)

Your education is not a waist. Education IS your only job security. That little piece of paper will pay off.

Keep looking hard everyday, and do not forget to take some time to enjoy that 65' Fastback of yours on the weekends.

Archived