TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 GT500's and 675HP Roush Aluminator for 2014

Here are the new linups for 2014. The Shelby and Roush RS3. The Boss is gone. Roush introduces a new Forged Aluminator 5.0 Engine that takes it to a conservative 675hp+ Their Sema test car was rated at 700hp. Here are a couple videos for you....

Talks about the 2014 Linup:

Talks about the Aluminator:

Let me know if you have any questions,

John Trischler

Performance Manager

Ray Skillman Ford

317-796-8472

jtrischler@rayskillmanford.com

The gt500 in the first video is a 2013 not 2014. And that roush 3 while looking awesome has the worst supercharger whine I ever heard lol. Or at least it comes out that way in the video. It sounds like someone sitting on a whoopy cushion (probably spelled that wrong).

That exhaust sounds nice though

And that roush 3 while looking awesome has the worst supercharger whine I ever heard lol.

They are both the same superchargers.

The Roush 2300TVS is the same as a Ford Racing or Ford Mo. Co. 2.3TVS and in fact, it was Jack Roush that researched and developed the Twin Vorticice Series superchargers. Basically, Roush Industries IS Ford Racing.

Phill

They are both the same superchargers.

The Roush 2300TVS is the same as a Ford Racing or Ford Mo. Co. 2.3TVS and in fact, it was Jack Roush that researched and developed the Twin Vorticice Series superchargers. Basically, Roush Industries IS Ford Racing.

Phill

I know that. But for some reason it just sounds so weird on that roush compared to when people put like a JLT big air intake on their 13s.

If I was in the Market this would be a hard pick! While I am doing track my 09 Black Jack is where I'll stay and I just can't beat the 08 GT500 Vert for that 2000 to 3000 Mile Hot Rod Power Tour annual cruise. I love these cars but the new ones have such coll technology. Maybe one upgrade before retirement.

The gt500 in the first video is a 2013 not 2014. And that roush 3 while looking awesome has the worst supercharger whine I ever heard lol. Or at least it comes out that way in the video. It sounds like someone sitting on a whoopy cushion (probably spelled that wrong).

It sounds like my 04 modded Terminator...love the sound..I find the 013 SCer way too quiet for my taste.

roush shmoush. fake like an imposter fragrance. straight copy cat. this is a shelby forum.

Narrow Minded uncalled for comment, although not as Popular Roush is a Phenominal Car, many would argue it is a better car than the Shelby. Fake??? You obviously do not know the Roush Racing History..........

don't get your panties in a wad. it's just an opinion. i'm aware of the roush racing history and the connection to ford racing performance parts. i just believe his whole gig (business model) is unoriginal. basically a copy of what shelby did years earlier. and he's trying to cash in on the same cow that shelby did. namely, modding mustangs, using his racing pedigree to brand them and selling them as upgraded models. plus, i personally can't stand the styling of any rousch i've seen to date. garrish is one word that comes to mind. ugly would be another....

don't get your panties in a wad. it's just an opinion. i'm aware of the roush racing history and the connection to ford racing performance parts. i just believe his whole gig (business model) is unoriginal. basically a copy of what shelby did years earlier. and he's trying to cash in on the same cow that shelby did. namely, modding mustangs, using his racing pedigree to brand them and selling them as upgraded models. plus, i personally can't stand the styling of any rousch i've seen to date. garrish is one word that comes to mind. ugly would be another....

I agree some of the older ones had to much crap on them, that is one reason I did not buy one, but they have gotten better IMO. The one above, to me, needs to lose that hood scoop, but otherwise I like it a lot.

As far as cashing in, do you not recall Shelby making Dodge Omni's and Chargers? How about the Dodge Truck? I never saw Roush stoop to those levels, I love my Shelby, but if I had a Roush I would say Shelby was more after Cashing in than Roush. Just my 2 cents

I would buy a roush over a shelby if it actually looked better and had some suspension work done. Not just slap on a bigger blower. Their LCA/UCA combo and springs don't count in my book. They need to do something more than that.

That is like shelby saying they put a "shelby suspension" on a gt500 super snake when all they did was put ford racing springs.

I would buy a roush over a shelby if it actually looked better and had some suspension work done. Not just slap on a bigger blower. Their LCA/UCA combo and springs don't count in my book. They need to do something more than that.

That is like shelby saying they put a "shelby suspension" on a gt500 super snake when all they did was put ford racing springs.

Maybe things have changed, but a few years ago the Roush smoked the shelby suspension wise, that was one of its strong points. As a matter of fact 2007-2009 that was the reason to buy the Roush over the GT500, the GT500 was the one that had the terrible suspension.

To me it is a WIN-WIN having both, give you 2 options and makes them both stay competitive.

The suspension comment related to a Roush kind of surprised me. I have had Kenny Brown add the Jacking Rails and sub frame connectors to my Black Jack but my Stage 3 Suspension gets great reviews at the track. Besides going to the Coil Overs I think it darn competitive. I have really tweaked my Shelby Suspension as it would plow with any spirited driving when I first got it. To be clear the 09 Roush does no thave the kick you in the butt that the GT500 does.

The suspension comment related to a Roush kind of surprised me. I have had Kenny Brown add the Jacking Rails and sub frame connectors to my Black Jack but my Stage 3 Suspension gets great reviews at the track. Besides going to the Coil Overs I think it darn competitive. I have really tweaked my Shelby Suspension as it would plow with any spirited driving when I first got it. To be clear the 09 Roush does no thave the kick you in the butt that the GT500 does.

The roush suspension is springs, billet rubber bushing LCA, and the UCA that looks the same as OEM UCA but is a little beefier and has a smaller rubber bushing. I think you also get tires. But to really be better I would say they would need an adjustable coil over set up and something beyond just rubber bushings. I mean it is kinda hard to do much with a live axle suspension without doing spherical bearings and heim joints. The reason the roush really would outperform the shelby in turning is because of the 100 pounds less weight hanging off the noise. But again the roush unless now it is stage 3 doesn't have the kick the shelby has. Plus the styling of the roush isn't better than the shelby anymore. For 07-2010 I would rather have the roush. I mean they don't look bad at all now but the 13 just looks better IMO.

Though I wonder how the shelby will finally handle once my PSS tires go on, it would probably destroy any roush after that.

Wrong, its a 14..

lol no you are wrong. When he originally posted this video the 14 were just starting production. This is a repost. He posted that same video like 3 months ago calling it a 2014 in another thread.

Woops, I am wrong.. I thought the door plate only said SVT, it does say 20th anniversary. Which can only be a 13.

• 2 weeks later...

I am military stationed overseas and would be buying through the Navy exchange overseas car program. I spoke with them and they said if A/Z plan is authorized by Ford they have to honor it under their agreement. My father retired from Ford and passed away a few years ago so it is not a simple task to get the login and sign in to get a pin to even check but if A/Z plan exists it would be well woth it. Is the 2014 Shelby on the excluded list list year??

And that 61 and 51 car they never win anything.

You beat me to it.... Someone should take the Shelby name back to the track and go beat up on the competition.

http://www.grand-am.com/teams/team.aspx?tid=1802&sid=2

http://www.mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/01/27/roush-performance-mustang-boss-302r-claims-opening-victory-of-2012-with-win-at-daytona

01-roush-boss-302r-daytona.jpg

Beautiful car. Where/who did you get your carbon fiber upgrades from? How long have you had them, and how have they held up?

TruCarbon out of Las Vegas. No issues at all with the carbon with the usual nicks and stuff on the front splitter. Thanks for the compliment and thank you for your service.

I just calculated out the price on similarly equipped cars:

2014 Roush w Aluminator: Total $70905. Base GT premium $38040 Roush stage 3 $17000 Aluminator plus wheels, brakes and interior $32865

2014 GT500: $58940

So $12000 more for a comparable Roush gets you about 80hp more. But whats the value when you want to sell it?

Im sure the Roush doesnt hold up as well as the GT500 as its all aftermarket bolt ons and No Shelby name.

But Im sure Roush will sell a lot of them.

• 2 months later...

I just calculated out the price on similarly equipped cars:

2014 Roush w Aluminator: Total $70905. Base GT premium $38040 Roush stage 3 $17000 Aluminator plus wheels, brakes and interior $32865

2014 GT500: $58940

So $12000 more for a comparable Roush gets you about 80hp more. But whats the value when you want to sell it?

Im sure the Roush doesnt hold up as well as the GT500 as its all aftermarket bolt ons and No Shelby name.

But Im sure Roush will sell a lot of them.

I agree that it isn't quite the bargain for the money. Let's be realistic though, that price is for a base '14 GT500. Once you throw in the SVT Package, the Recaros...you are approaching mid 60's. Then again, you could give Justin at VMP a call, and for less than $1,500 you are putting down over 700RWHP. The choice is pretty simple, for less money...grab the Shelby, simple bolt-ons (2.4 pulley, intake, tune), and you now have a "Aluminator-killer."

Archived