TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any NorCal SAAC guys here?

Poisoned Pony

I'm trying to gather a history of my '96 Cobra I own. There's a Shelby club sticker in the windshield and I was told the 2nd owner tracked it a lot with NorCal SAAC events.

Specifics:

'96 Cobra #3427

Crystal White, originally Saddle leather interior

here's what the Cobra looked liked when I bought it May 2011

3c21fa00.jpg

The only thing I added in this pic was the Saleen tail-lights.

If anyone has any pics or info, it would be appreciated. Nothing wrong, just curious in learning the history of the car. Thanks!

Matt

I'm trying to gather a history of my '96 Cobra I own. There's a Shelby club sticker in the windshield and I was told the 2nd owner tracked it a lot with NorCal SAAC events.

Specifics:

'96 Cobra #3427

Crystal White, originally Saddle leather interior

here's what the Cobra looked liked when I bought it May 2011

3c21fa00.jpg

The only thing I added in this pic was the Saleen tail-lights.

If anyone has any pics or info, it would be appreciated. Nothing wrong, just curious in learning the history of the car. Thanks!

Matt

I've been a NorCal SAAC guy since 1985, but don't know that car.

Perhaps Albino500 knows it. If he doesn't see this thread, ping him with a pm.

Good luck,

Tom

Matt ,

Do you have any other pics ? SVT documents or any clues besides the Steeda suspension and black wheels ? There has been quite a few 95/96 white Cobras in the club over the past years.

Here are some pics from I first bought it.

005-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

001-2.jpg

I have to retrieve the folder I got with the car from storage. Literature I got was the SVT certificate (an older one with Coletti and Boyd's signatures), dealer hero card, original window sticker and receipts for work the 2nd owner had done.

Full mod list for the car is:

- BBK O/R H-pipe

- Bassani catback

- Steeda Sport springs

- Steeda C/C plates

- Steeda bumpsteer kit

- Tokico Illumnia shocks and struts

- Maximum Motorsports solid aluminum rack bushings

- 3.73 gears

- J&M UCA's and LCA's

- FRPP HD clutch

- FR500 steering wheel

at time of purchase it had a Steeda Tri-Ax shifter and SSR rims painted black. I was also given a set of stock rims painted flat black and was told by the original owner that it also wore black Cobra R rims at some point. Also at the time of purchase it had a trailer hitch.

From my count, I'm the 4th owner. I'm in contact with the original owner on SVTPerformance and he's located in Virginia. He sold it to a Jon Dawes who took the Cobra from Virginia to Northern California. I was told by the 3rd owner, David, that Jon was involved with NorCal SAAC and tracked it a lot. Hope this helps a bit. Just interested in learning some history of the car.

Matt

Archived