TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang 50th Anniversary Las Vagas Motor Speedway

HARALD KELLEY

This is some time away but I thought I would put it on the radar screen. The MCA sponsored 50th anniversary of the mustang will take place April 2014. Looks like the host hotel will be the Mandalay Bay for the west coast event.

4 additional hotels will be set up with discounted rates for participants of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration. They are, the MGM Grand, New York, New York, Excalibur, Luxor. The Mandalay Bay is the only hotel in the 5 hotel group that has enough meeting room space for the dinners and registration pick up that they have planned. Also, they will have the largest block of rooms available and the most space for trailer parking for those who will need it.

The attached link should be active in the not to distant future so keep checking.

I hope Shelby and TS will be participating in this epic event.

http://www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com

Here is some information I took off the MCA site related to activities:

Tuesday, April 15th – Admission to the track for vendors to be able to get their displays in place and set up. MCA will set up our booth and be ready for registration for the next day. No planned activities for this day and no admission for spectators.

Wednesday, April 16th – This day will be the first official day of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration. Vendors will be ready to sell. We will encourage the Pony Drives to plan a late morning or early afternoon arrival and provide them with a place that they can all gather before going their separate ways. We will encourage all vendors to be open for business as there will be enthusiasts arriving by the hour.

Thursday, April 17th – As April 17th, 1964 is accepted as the birthday of the Ford Mustang, this will be the actual 50th birthday of the Mustang! We will have the Opening Ceremonies followed by a host of activities that are still to be planned. At some point during the day, we will have a birthday party, complete with birthday cake and the singing of Happy Birthday to the Mustang. Various clubs will have activities that they are responsible for including Pony Trails around the local areas and other Mustang related events. Today, this schedule is incomplete but the emphasis will be on the celebration of the Mustang’s 50th birthday. Possible on track activities, parade laps and other driving activities will also be happening.

Friday, April 18th – The event will be in full swing. There will be track events such as road racing, drag racing and parade laps. Other activities will be detailed in forth coming press releases. There will be displays of Mustangs and by Mustang groups, vendors to buy parts, cars, shirts from and many other things to keep Mustang enthusiasts happy and entertained. Friday evening, we will have a themed dinner with some form of entertainment as yet to be determined.

Saturday, April 19th – More of the same format as on Friday. Saturday evening we will have the Saturday Night Banquet. This will be the big social event of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration and will include guest speakers and entertainment, as yet to be determined.

Sunday, April 20th – Sunday will be the last day of the event but there will be scheduled activities that will be presented later. First thing Sunday morning there will be Easter Sunrise Services held at both tracks. The Reverend Michael Finn of Columbus, Georgia will conduct the service in Charlotte. Michael has officiated at Anniversary events for many years and we welcome him back. We are still seeking someone to conduct the services at Las Vegas but ample time remains for this. In the afternoon, we will have the Closing Ceremonies.

Monday, April 21st – There will be no planned activities. Monday will be set aside just for teardown and removal of all of the vendor displays and removal of vehicles.

MCA’s commitment level to making the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration the “Super Bowl” of all Mustang car shows is extremely high. I hope everyone realizes this and feels the same way we do. We will be making monthly press releases that you can follow by coming back to the MCA website at www.mustang.org.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome. Charlotte is the other east coast venue, same dates. Are you doing the pony drive to Charlotte?

I am trying to Orginize a Super Cruise from Tallahassee to Charlotte that will takeplace onMonday the 14th.

We were thinking of joining up with MAA in Phoenix and heading east to Charlotte. That is unless Las Vegas starts looking like it could be amazing as well. Most people I have seen so far has said they are going to Charlotte. The bonus about Las Vegas, it's close for me and Shelby will have a HUGE presence there.

Thanks for posting Harald. We plan on attending. Any reason to head to Vegas, now to figure out where to stay.

Dan

Thanks for posting Harald. We plan on attending. Any reason to head to Vegas, now to figure out where to stay.

Dan

I am going to stay at one of the 5 hotels. maybe the Mandalay Bay as most dinners etc will be there. It will be interesting to see if there will be a Bash in March or if SAI decides to combine the events. Either way, its at the mother ship and should be an epic event.

I'm in the middle - I don't know which way I will end up yet. MAA will be passing through and going east but I was thinking about going west. This makes it tough for people in the middle :shrug:

Nice to have choices. Charlotte is to far for me and I always enjoy visiting SAI.

• 3 weeks later...
name='H0050' timestamp='1362238697' post='1415709']

This is some time away but I thought I would put it on the radar screen. The MCA sponsored 50th anniversary of the mustang will take place April 2014. Looks like the host hotel will be the Mandalay Bay for the west coast event.

4 additional hotels will be set up with discounted rates for participants of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration. They are, the MGM Grand, New York, New York, Excalibur, Luxor. The Mandalay Bay is the only hotel in the 5 hotel group that has enough meeting room space for the dinners and registration pick up that they have planned. Also, they will have the largest block of rooms available and the most space for trailer parking for those who will need it.

The attached link should be active in the not to distant future so keep checking.

http://www.mustang50...celebration.com

Tuesday, April 15th – Admission to the track for vendors to be able to get their displays in place and set up. MCA will set up our booth and be ready for registration for the next day. No planned activities for this day and no admission for spectators.

Wednesday, April 16th – This day will be the first official day of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration. Vendors will be ready to sell. We will encourage the Pony Drives to plan a late morning or early afternoon arrival and provide them with a place that they can all gather before going their separate ways. We will encourage all vendors to be open for business as there will be enthusiasts arriving by the hour.

Thursday, April 17th – As April 17th, 1964 is accepted as the birthday of the Ford Mustang, this will be the actual 50th birthday of the Mustang! We will have the Opening Ceremonies followed by a host of activities that are still to be planned. At some point during the day, we will have a birthday party, complete with birthday cake and the singing of Happy Birthday to the Mustang. Various clubs will have activities that they are responsible for including Pony Trails around the local areas and other Mustang related events. Today, this schedule is incomplete but the emphasis will be on the celebration of the Mustang’s 50th birthday. Possible on track activities, parade laps and other driving activities will also be happening.

Friday, April 18th – The event will be in full swing. There will be track events such as road racing, drag racing and parade laps. Other activities will be detailed in forth coming press releases. There will be displays of Mustangs and by Mustang groups, vendors to buy parts, cars, shirts from and many other things to keep Mustang enthusiasts happy and entertained. Friday evening, we will have a themed dinner with some form of entertainment as yet to be determined.

Saturday, April 19th – More of the same format as on Friday. Saturday evening we will have the Saturday Night Banquet. This will be the big social event of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration and will include guest speakers and entertainment, as yet to be determined.

Sunday, April 20th – Sunday will be the last day of the event but there will be scheduled activities that will be presented later. First thing Sunday morning there will be Easter Sunrise Services held at both tracks. The Reverend Michael Finn of Columbus, Georgia will conduct the service in Charlotte. Michael has officiated at Anniversary events for many years and we welcome him back. We are still seeking someone to conduct the services at Las Vegas but ample time remains for this. In the afternoon, we will have the Closing Ceremonies.

Monday, April 21st – There will be no planned activities. Monday will be set aside just for teardown and removal of all of the vendor displays and removal of vehicles.

MCA’s commitment level to making the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration the “Super Bowl” of all Mustang car shows is extremely high. I hope everyone realizes this and feels the same way we do. We will be making monthly press releases that you can follow by coming back to the MCA website at www.mustang.org.

Just thought I would bump this up now that the Bash is over and it is mentioned via SHOUT. Hello Jer and SA folks. Any thoughts about the 50th and whether SAI will do the Bash stand alone event, combine or ??? Hope TS & Shelby is part of the 50th if the Bash is separate as this event is in your back yard.[/u]

I am doing the MAA from LA to Charlotte. I drove it to Birmingham and all I can say is I met great people I am friends with today and there are 175 cars already signed up and I think that will double by the time it sets off. The best thing about it is you go at your own pace. Stop off see awesome collections, sights, whatever you like. As long as you end up in Charlotte you can have all the fun you want. I am going to get 6-8 guys and filler a trailer back to the west coast and save the time and miles after the event is over and fly back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would bump this up now that the Bash is over and it is mentioned via SHOUT. Hello Jer and SA folks. Any thoughts about the 50th and whether SAI will do the Bash stand alone event, combine or ??? Hope TS & Shelby is part of the 50th if the Bash is separate as this event is in your back yard.[/u]

Bumping up for radar screen & input from SA and TS? See post # 1 for overview of event.

Wouldn't it be cool to have the Bash the week before the 50th and then have a caravan of Shelbys to NC for the 50th the next week. :idea:

That would probably take away for the 50th event in Vegas though

..... and I don't know if I could be away from work that long either

How about TS caravan from Palm Springs and or Gardena to Vegas for the 50th. Either way I hope TS & Shelby will consider this event and chime in if this event will be part of their 2014 events

Was originally thinking of going to the Charlotte show but I have heard from a Ford Racing rep that Ford is also planning an event for the summer of next year. Don't know exactly how true that is but if it is I will be going to the Vegas show and the show in Detroit. Just gotta wait for Ford to announce their plans.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mustang50...celebration.com

Bumping this up. The MCA link http://www.mustang50...celebration.com now has the hotels announced and more is being added to the site. SA, hope you will have Shelby represented.

I've already booked for Mandaly Bay!! Did it last Saturday.

Dan

I did also. Mandalay Bay is the host hotel where most dinners etc will be held according to MCA so I thought I would book there. Never stayed as we usually go to Monte Carlo. Something new.

Archived